Contributor access expires?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Omegaman
BARON
BARON

Contributor access expires?

Post by Omegaman »

I haven't been super involved lately as I spend a lot of time on Roll20 instead of pen and paper so I didn't notice when this change came about.

I noticed that my contributor status is gone. I have never had it disappear before in all the years I've been here. What is the new rule with that? Activity requirements? Does it expire with each forum renewal now? Are we required to up our contribution regularly to keep that active? Anybody notice this about their account?

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest. Adam Smith
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Contributor access expires?

Post by admin »

Contributor status is directly linked with an active subscription.

When a user (including a contributor) lets his subscription lapse, he/she receives a notification (via the email I have on file for him/her) that the subscription time has expired.

As a courtesy, users with Contributor status receive a secondary notice via Private Message, advising them that their subscription time has expired. One week is given to let the user remedy the situation to renew his subscription and thus, maintain his contributor level. Otherwise, it is assume that the user does not wish to remedy the situation, and any contributor levels are lost (reset).

Users who have acquired the Epic level Contribution have a permanent (i.e. lifetime) access to the forum and never lose access (well, unless the server onto which this is hosted breaks or some such rare occurrence!)

This system has been in place since 2008...

admin

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”