Youtube/video Tutorials

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
kernaldave
Soldier
Soldier

Youtube/video Tutorials

Post by kernaldave »

Hi

Wondering If any of the advance contributors out their would be interested in making tutorials on how to create Classes, Races, feats or etcetera. I think this would be tremendously helpful for new users and possibly even older ones.

So if you are creating a class or whatever and have the capabilities to record you progress, upload the video to youtube and post a link in here, I would love to see it.

Thanks
Dave
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Youtube/video Tutorials

Post by admin »

Did you check the video archive? It does have a few video that can be helpful to learn abut effects... :)
Also, you can check the Advanced Race Creation Guide on the Wiki... that's a pretty big resource for creating stuff!

But to complement your request - I would be more than happy to see people sharing videos on how to create things in TOS+/TOS Five!!
I could add links to that for the community... :)

admin
kernaldave
Soldier
Soldier

Post by kernaldave »

Yeah I have watched the videos and have picked up some useful stuff, but they just skim the surface, and some are starting to get dated, it would nice to see a build from start to finish. I have looked at the race guide as well, me personally I am more a visual learner, and if I have videos to watch, the guide would be more an awesome complementary tool for reference.

In the case of a complete bulid, I would build the character along with the video, that way I can work steps into my muscle memory, and then work up to bigger stuff or building my own.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Creating a video is actually a ton of work and not easy!...

Only a couple of users have done it for the Sheet so far - that explains why we have only a handful of them... But you are more than welcome to create & share any you make!! I'll be glad to assist - post any queries you have regarding character creation in the help desk!

admin
kernaldave
Soldier
Soldier

Post by kernaldave »

I understand that it would add extra work to the person who is creating the class or what ever, I am not making any demands just merely throwing the suggestion out their if someone was up to the challenge.

Not sure about the whole YouTube monetize situation and what its prerequisites are, but if some one wants to attempt to capitalize on their video they could try monetizing the video, and/or setup a link to a pay pal in the description and/or accept donations for it. the videos in the official YTC has about 13,000 views on some Videos, if only 500 hundred of those people donated a dollar you still have a pretty good payout for your time. Also the person could also set up a patron account as well

Don't think I will be making a video anytime soon , not sure it would be helpful for anyone. but a few years down the road if nothing has changed, and I am more knowledgeable on the sheet and D&D, I might take a crack at it. could be some money in it the more I think about it.
Schuetz
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Schuetz »

kernaldave wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 am I prefer NooCube over anything else and understand that it would add extra work to the person who is creating the class or what ever, I am not making any demands just merely throwing the suggestion out their if someone was up to the challenge.

Not sure about the whole YouTube monetize situation and what its prerequisites are, but if some one wants to attempt to capitalize on their video they could try monetizing the video, and/or setup a link to a pay pal in the description and/or accept donations for it. the videos in the official YTC has about 13,000 views on some Videos, if only 500 hundred of those people donated a dollar you still have a pretty good payout for your time. Also the person could also set up a patron account as well

Don't think I will be making a video anytime soon , not sure it would be helpful for anyone. but a few years down the road if nothing has changed, and I am more knowledgeable on the sheet and D&D, I might take a crack at it. could be some money in it the more I think about it.
I agree with you, there's a great potential to maybe even make a living off of Youtube videos if you're passionate enough and offer decent content.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”