TOS 5E any good?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Knight Lamune
Soldier
Soldier

TOS 5E any good?

Post by Knight Lamune »

So this is a pretty much abandoned part of the forums, but I'm not sure where else to ask it so...

I've been a subscriber to the TOS for 3.5 for a few years, and it's one of the most amazing AD&D tools I've ever seen. A few of us just recently started trying out 5E and the free tools I've found online are, frankly, garbage.

After digging a bit I realized that it's because they're all using the SRD an the 5E SRD is basically barren. Empty.

I saw a post from the admin about TOS using OGL in addition. Does this mean it actually has access to the rest of the missing content not in the SRD? Which is most of it? Or if it basically empty and requiring a ton of user created files to add back in everything? I can't even look at what's in those sections without a subscription.

tl;dr is TOS5 worth a damn or a hollow shell of the amazing glory of 3.5 master race?
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: TOS 5E any good?

Post by admin »

Hi,

While it is correct that TOS FIVE is based on the SRD/OGL, that did not stop people from creating and sharing stuff for it...
Like it's big brother TOS+, TOS FIVE is quite customizable. If you are looking for something specific, send me a PM and I'll check for you!

Regards,
admin
Knight Lamune
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Knight Lamune »

Does OGL give you access to more stuff, though? Like feats, for example. SRD has one. Just one. Grappler. Does the OGL give you access to at least the PHB content, or is absolutely everything just to build out the most basic core character going to require downloading and updating the sheet with the user content?
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Knight Lamune wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:30 pm Does OGL give you access to more stuff, though? Like feats, for example. SRD has one. Just one. Grappler. Does the OGL give you access to at least the PHB content, or is absolutely everything just to build out the most basic core character going to require downloading and updating the sheet with the user content?
The OGL gives 3rd party publishers access to the basic stuff, which is the SRD. Nothing more.

Thankfully, TOS FIVE is built to allow users to create and [easily] share custom stuff... and some have already spent time doing just that, so that the majority don't have to re-invent the wheel.

admin
dnehrkorn
Squire
Squire

Post by dnehrkorn »

Figured this would be an appropriate place to drop this query. Has ToS 5th edition been tested for Excel 2016 yet? If not, I would happily volunteer my assistance in this matter... for free access to the content of course. No other payment would be required ;)
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

dnehrkorn wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:49 pm Figured this would be an appropriate place to drop this query. Has ToS 5th edition been tested for Excel 2016 yet? If not, I would happily volunteer my assistance in this matter... for free access to the content of course. No other payment would be required ;)
This was asked in this thread. Here are a few replies to it for the WINDOWS version of Excel.
owatonnahacker wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:53 pm It seems to. I haven't played with it much, but the basic functionality seems there. Seems to work pretty good...
jedwayne wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:40 am I've had no issues with 2016 as of yet. I've only had to use it a few times to modify a char on a 2016 computer (primary is office 2007) but I didn't have any issues.
admin

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”