Missing classes.... an impromptu comparison between products

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Elim Nar
Squire
Squire

Missing classes.... an impromptu comparison between products

Post by Elim Nar »

Okay- I own Etools and I own OneSheet and I gotta say they're each useful in their own ways. I've made custom races, classes, PrC with both but Etools is a pain because there's no handbook (I'm making one, btw). OneSheet doesn't (seem to) have the other classess accessible and so it seems I'd have to go in and create them from scratch and like Etools, I'm not a programmer, a coder or whatever. I want a tool I can use without having to know how to program.

Unfortunately, that means I end up using Etools most of the time because it gets updated with classes/races more often and the information in it is predone. I just have to do my load and install it and it works automagically. But sometimes Etools hasn't caught up to a new product I want to use immediately and I turn to OneSheet so I can enter some basic information and start using it right then. But then I find myself missing things like the classes from the "Complete Series" of books and I want to use them.

To that end, is there a resource provided in this forum or elsewhere for OneSheet where other professions/classes are available for download to my OneSheet class folders (like Favored Soul, for instance)? And if so, how do I get to them? I've already tried getting to those areas of the forum but you have to be "special", whatever that means.

Thanks
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Re: Missing classes.... an impromptu comparison between prod

Post by Sunbolt »

Yes - you can download most any class and race in the classes of the lands, or races of the lands boards. These sections are only available to registered users - but since registration is free with the sheet - that's easy to do. Simply download the class, race or monster - and then on the control sheet - choose the ones you want. and voila! all the work is done.

Please keep in mind that the main sheet can only legally contain materials from the SRD - custom stuff, and materials from supplements can be created by players and swapped out - but can't be sold as part of any program without WoTCs permission - and they don't give it..
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

If you already own a copy of the sheet, and want access to th rest of the boards, all you need to do is e-mail or pm Richard (the admin). Since he checks the boards regularly, he will probably see this thread and (if you are registered) he will probably set you right up. He's good like that.

As far as classes go, we have created over 400 classes from multiple resources. They are available in forum once you have access. We continually update when new sources are released. And even if you are not that savvy at writing for excel, many of the boardmembers are and are happy to help out with any questions someone might have. There is even a board section for questions.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Missing classes.... an impromptu comparison between prod

Post by admin »

Elim Nar wrote:OneSheet doesn't (seem to) have the other classess accessible and so it seems I'd have to go in and create them from scratch (snip)
To that end, is there a resource provided in this forum or elsewhere for OneSheet where other professions/classes are available for download to my OneSheet class folders (like Favored Soul, for instance)? And if so, how do I get to them? I've already tried getting to those areas of the forum but you have to be "special", whatever that means.
Thanks
Those who Register the Sheet can gain access to all section of the forum (this is explained both here and in the online manual )

441x Classes, 42x Races and 124x Monsters are curently available for download. They are available only to those who have lawfully registered the Sheet (for obvious reasons).

I hope this helps.

Richard
P.S. I do not recognize the email you used on the Forum..!
Elim Nar
Squire
Squire

Registration for One Sheet

Post by Elim Nar »

Re: email addy

Oh I know- you have it as [snip], that's why. I've DL and used my reg-code to open all of the last 5 versions of the sheet and such, working with the strengths and weaknesses of my different products.

Once/if I get registered on the forums, I'd love to see what classes et al there is to make my life easier running my High Seas adventure and for my online PBEM Faerun campaign.

Thanks
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Registration for One Sheet

Post by admin »

Elim Nar wrote:Re: email addy

Oh I know- you have it as [snip], that's why. I've DL and used my reg-code to open all of the last 5 versions of the sheet and such, working with the strengths and weaknesses of my different products.

Once/if I get registered on the forums, I'd love to see what classes et al there is to make my life easier running my High Seas adventure and for my online PBEM Faerun campaign.

Thanks
ok I gave you access - Usually people see the "Announcement: NEED ACCESS? READ HERE!" in the title of the 'Town Crier' and read the "Announcement: NEED ACCESS? READ HERE!" message to gain access... I guess you missed it ! hehe

Richard
Elim Nar
Squire
Squire

MIA

Post by Elim Nar »

Yah, sometimes I suck like that... :wink:

Ah well, thanks!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: MIA

Post by admin »

Elim Nar wrote:Yah, sometimes I suck like that... :wink:

Ah well, thanks!
So am I going to get an updated review vs E-Tools ?

:)

R
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Re: MIA

Post by Sunbolt »

admin wrote:
Elim Nar wrote:Yah, sometimes I suck like that... :wink:

Ah well, thanks!
So am I going to get an updated review vs E-Tools ?

:)

R

The only sheet - awesome.

Etools - not awesome.
Elim Nar
Squire
Squire

E-tools vs 1 Sheet

Post by Elim Nar »

I'll be happy to once I get my downloads and peruse the options. I don't program in Excel well at all (I can barely get a sum arguement to work for my budgetary plans) BUT I can use the preprepared forms on 1 sheet pretty well.

Right off the bat, that'd be my one criticism is that E-tools has an easier interface (it seems) for customization. No actual programming but you're also limitted by established game abilities/powers/feats.

I'll work on more as I go.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

You don't need to 'program' anything to use the Sheet...Even if Excel allow you to do it!!

The basic sheets are based on the sheets created by Wizards - for ease of use! So you just fill them in, as you would any paper character sheet... I don't know if I can get this to be easier - do let me know if you have ideas to do so!! (I'm so much in the Sheet, that it is becoming hard for me to see the sheet from a 'new user' prespective... :?

Richard
P.S. Use the section called The Crystal Ball [Ideas & Suggestions] for any ideas you have!!
Elim Nar
Squire
Squire

Big immediate benefit for One Sheet

Post by Elim Nar »

Its WAAAAAY cheaper. I think I've paid almost 200$ for what I have in Etools software. One Sheet was so much cheaper and it comes with a much more friendly support staff. :D

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”