Barding for my Fjord horse and other queries & comments

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Barding for my Fjord horse and other queries & comments

Post by admin »

David J J. wrote:Dear Admin

I purchased your D&D v3.5 Multi-class Character Sheet software over a year ago and have recently downloaded v7.40.8. The software is exceptional and each of your updates is awaited for trial and approval by me and my partner in North Carolina. We attempted to write, in Excel also, what you’ve written and we didn’t get very far after a year-and-a-half. We both really enjoy your product and commend you at what you’ve done for the AD&D gaming community. Keep up your great work and may you become famous and rich in the future.
THANKS !!
I invested a lot of time and effort in the Sheet - and the community has been most supportive and has allowed the Sheet to grow to new heights of usefulness! (and the best is yet to come.. if you check the threads regarding version 8 (below)
David J J. wrote:I have a couple of questions:
1) The barding for mounts does not function in my copy and I was wondering if there is a trick to entering this field and all associated stats?
I have examined your Mount and Barding and I don't know what to look for...? Can you specify what "does not function" ?
David J J. wrote:2) Is there some way to import or convert characters from previous versions of the software or do they have to be re-entered from scratch with each update?
Yes. This is covered in the Manual, here.
David J J. wrote:I have attached the Excel spreadsheet of my character for reference, so the problem can be viewed first hand. Every character I run in different games is within its own folder, within a master folder, on my desktop. Everything else in the spreadsheet appears to be functioning correctly and I really enjoy using the aid. I should note that I keep an extensive collection of notes for every game I’m committed to via a micro cassette voice recorded converted to digital MS Word documents. This keeps the arguing as to who gets what in each game to a minimum, and a permanent record for each of my characters.
Wow cool!!! I am OFTEN sad that I have no record of the amazing hours I have spent Role-Playing... I just have hazy memories of these great moments...
David J J. wrote:It is required in our games to have a written document as to what our characters look like, where they came from, how they are dressed and what their appearances are, their personal histories, and what their linage is. Each weapon must be declared and we have certain items in our inventories that we left home with or stole when we were younger. An example would be that everyone could make a sling and use pebbles for projectiles, you’d have a dagger which would have been used for eating, and everyone should be familiar with a quarterstaff and be able to create one from a tree limb.
We don't have nearly enough time to go into such details... Life kind of disallows us this luxury... :(
David J J. wrote:My entire Saturday night game group is using an older version of the product, but they don’t want to upgrade just yet. I don’t know what their problem is; however, I’m sure they’ll come around in a week or so. Please, help me if you can.
Which version by curiosity?
They might be interested a bit more when version 8 comes out...
You can check these threads on it:

Magical Items Worn
Containers in Gear
The Class Skill selection/Generator
Power Point Generator:

And if you ask for access:
The Laptop Worksheet

BUT the MOST amazing feature of Version 8, will be the ability to integrate almost ANY EFFECTS!!! You can check this manual entry if you are curious about this...

BTW, I am thinking of increasing the price of the Sheet when Version 8 comes around... so if they register sooner, then can avoid that - Also note that groups can purchase the Sheet, with rebate. This is covered in the FAQ (search for 'Gift')
David J J. wrote:Thank you for your assistance, time, and patience in this matter, David J J.
You are quite welcome!

Richard

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”