Why is The Only Sheet so much better than the rest

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
argokirby
Horseman
Horseman

Why is The Only Sheet so much better than the rest

Post by argokirby »

Hey, here is a place to say what we like about the sheet so that users that are curious can look here to get an idea of what makes it so good.

I feel the best benifit of this sheet to me is the amount of time it saves me. I almost exclusivly DM, and I am constantly making challenging NPCs for my characters to deal with. This sheet allows me to rapidly put together an NPC and tweek it to make it the perfect enemy to my characteres.

I have even managed to creat monsterous NPC and even a Dragon. Ever think about creating a young green dragon with three levels of fighter, its a piece of cake with this sheet.

Also there are lots of options that can be turned on or off based on weather or not your game uses a certain rule. For example: the fixed hp variant rule in the DMG. If your campaign uses fixed hp, just click the box, and now it calculates your hp bassed on that formula as opposed to the dice rolled. This is great as a DM once again for NPCs, but it is also a powerful tool to keep an eye on how my players hp stack up. Are they rolling to low, to high. Just a great tool to help me balance me game.

There is so much more that I love about this sheet. It is by far worth the $15.00.

Also, I should note that Richard is the most dedicated programer in the world. His constant dedication to making the sheet better is a major plus!
Jason Kirby
- Bringing the truth about devolution to men, women and mutants everywhere. -
http://www.ShadesofHeroes.blogspot.com
zfarcher
Squire
Squire

Another song if praise...

Post by zfarcher »

I've had the pleasure of using Richards excellent spreadsheet for a while now, and I think that this is an invaluable tool for my D&D games. I can keep track of all my players on my computer as I run the game, and adjustments can be made quickly and accurately. Richard has constantly (and with dedication I wish Microsoft had one quarter of) kept track of users comments and bug reports, making upgrades sometimes within minutes of hearing about a problem. Have a problem or suggestion with this excel spreadsheet? Richard's only too happy to help!

This sheet is also flexible and I have yet to run into something I had to do or for a character that I could not do on the sheet. I especially like what I can do with designing NPC's on the fly based on templates I've pre-designed, so I can keep the PC's challenged as they wander off my well-intentioned plans for them. I also can design new PC's quickly, to take care of the occasional drop-in player or a new character to replace an unfortunate hero who has shuffled off this mortal coil.

I don't think I've ever run into a single tool for any of the RPG's games I've played (including those I've designed myself) that has been of more value to me than this product. I consider this part of my core material for the game, and would hate to go back to dealing without it!

In short, worth more than every penny I paid. Considering getting this sheet? Stop considering, and get it.
Icthius
Templar
Templar

Post by Icthius »

It's simple, it's easy to use, and it has everything. On the surface level, it's got the basic Character sheet (modified so that abilities, skills, feats, spells, and Xp are easier to take care of) with a cooler layout. However, for you diehard powergaming fans, it has more customizability and "wiggle" room than any other sheet I've ever used. Want a specific race? Make one! It's that easy, and fun to use.
shadokeeper

Why is this Sheet the best?:

Post by shadokeeper »

OK that is a crazy question it is the best sheet hands down. I use it all the time and all my friends are enveous! But they have yet to buy it I keep telling them it is so easy to generate a charicter with this sheet it is easy easy easy lol. I play a magic user the vast majority of the time and the spells sheep it the bomb it rocks! I just can not say enough about this sheet! It is easy to update your charicters when they go up levels! It is a little work when a new version comes out but it is worth it! Well thanks for listening :lol:
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Why is this Sheet the best?:

Post by admin »

shadokeeper wrote:OK that is a crazy question it is the best sheet hands down. I use it all the time and all my friends are enveous! But they have yet to buy it I keep telling them it is so easy to generate a charicter with this sheet it is easy easy easy lol. I play a magic user the vast majority of the time and the spells sheep it the bomb it rocks! I just can not say enough about this sheet! It is easy to update your charicters when they go up levels! It is a little work when a new version comes out but it is worth it! Well thanks for listening :lol:
And when the next release comes out, it adds the ability to SAVE & LOAD characters... so when you'll get a new version after that, you can just Load it in the newer update... No more manually typing everything back in a new update !

Richard
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
argokirby
Horseman
Horseman

Post by argokirby »

Thanks for commenting, and be prepared for the new version to knock your socks off. Updating for new versions will never be the same again.
Jason Kirby
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

argokirby wrote:Thanks for commenting, and be prepared for the new version to knock your socks off. Updating for new versions will never be the same again.
Hey I beat you to it !!
mouahhaha !

R
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
argokirby
Horseman
Horseman

Post by argokirby »

giggle
Jason Kirby
Raziel_792002
Squire
Squire

Post by Raziel_792002 »

I know it saves me a ton of time cause Im usually a player/GM so I can just quickly access everything I need :-)
Remember, your focus determines your reality
RudeMood
Soldier
Soldier

Post by RudeMood »

the stats sheet is your friend, i'm already starting a collection of ready made characters for all my playing needs.
The Crazy Train Leaveth.
-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
-oo"___
-Y_,_|[] |- | Kyle H.|
{|_|_|__|;|______|
/oo--OO - - oo - oo
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
http://www.shadesofheroes.blogspot.com/
pantaar
Soldier
Soldier

Post by pantaar »

Yea Verily, this indeed is The Only Sheet

As both DM and Player I spent many hours seeking out a character sheet that handles tedious computations, provides organization, and leverages software I own and am familiar with. . . I discovered that many people claim to have the answer to these dilemas, but Richard has delivered the goods.

The updates and attention to problem correction provide an impressive R.O.I. for $20 CDN.

However, my favorite aspect of the MCS is this Forum! From user created content such as additional classes and races (Thanks Flinx, Argokirby, and others!) to the helpful explanations, to just plain good conversations about my favorite RPG. I find myself checking the boards everday, just so I don't miss out. . .

Thanks again to Richard and the rest of the MCS community! I don't know how I played the game without The Only Sheet.
wolf_spider333
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by wolf_spider333 »

The sheet is great as it saves you tons of time, it does do most of it for you.. you couldn't ask for better support and updates they sheet just keeps getting better all the time
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Post by Sunbolt »

The sheet itself is great. That not withstanding - the real beauty of the sheet isn't the sheet itself. Let's face it, we can do everything the sheet can do with pen and paper if we want to spend the time. No, the real beauty of the sheet is the registered section of the boards. There's a community of people who seem to live to help each other. Richard quickly answers nearly every question, actively improves the sheet based on feedback from the membership here, and he's not the only one. Flinx, Tamera, CGM3, Patransom, Klaxkor, Icthius, Tailor, Xenos and so many others are all over the boards with amazing and accurate answers to questions and problems not only dealing with the sheet - but with D&D in general. It's worth the money just to have access to the boards. I stumbled in here with a small amount of extra money in my paypal account that it just wasn't worth having them cut me a check for - and I'm glad I did.
Thanks all of you - and for those of you unregistered - you know the sheet is fantastic - register and join us and see what all the hype is really about.
xenos007
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by xenos007 »

I agree wholeheartedly with Sunbolt, I have never really gotten into forums, but the people here make it great! Everybody is very friendly and this whole forum is a wealth of knowledge!
I Have a Bad Feeling About This
whtknt
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by whtknt »

Hmm. I see that the same spammers we had trouble with on the old d20 Magazines Rack have found their way here. I used to have to delete about five messages a day from this guy.
John Grigsby
Game Operations Director, CoastCon 36
R1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by R1chard »

Well I've just converted from eTools. I spent well over $200 on eTools with the updates etc etc etc....

This costs $20 cant go wrong with that.

The best thing is that lots of users contribute the classes. Essentially this means that I have the classes from the books I've just bought which is really useful and something that eTools a) cant do and b) takes them ages to get the new content out anyway.

So cant comment on them all but this is definately better than eTools. Content is better, its easier to copy your char into forums, etc.
Mattheus
Squire
Squire

There is NO CONTEST!!!

Post by Mattheus »

Okay, so I've been in automatic character calcuation hell for a while now. A friend of mine loved the old Al-Qadim campaing setting, so he updated all the character classes and such to 3.0, and now recently into 3.5. I've been searching for anything that would do what The Only Sheet does. I found a few that came close, but only after hours of ripping your hair out trying to figure out how to update it... And yes, I fell victim to etools as well... *hangs head in shame* Then, one glorious day not that long ago...
The clouds parted, a light shown down from heaven, and Google pointed me to The One Sheet. I downloaded it, played around for about 2 minutes, had my new character class fully installed and working, and immediately registered. I just can't give enough praise to The One Sheet. It's quite simply the best out there. And, quite frankly, I think this sets the bar so high, I doubt there will be any cometition for quite a few years, if ever.
I will be telling my gaming group about it tomorrow.
Thank you, and keep up the greatness!
syke5
Squire
Squire

Post by syke5 »

umm yeah im kinda new but i want to get the sheet how? :oops: :D
syke5
Squire
Squire

Post by syke5 »

oh yeah and ghow do you get an image by your name like i said im new so if some1 can help me out here ill be happy :D :oops:
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

syke5 wrote: umm yeah im kinda new but i want to get the sheet how? :oops: :D
You can purchase the sheet from the homepage. You can click the image in the upper righthand corner of the forum to get there.
syke5 wrote:oh yeah and ghow do you get an image by your name like i said im new so if some1 can help me out here ill be happy :D :oops:
In order to get the picture by your name, you need to load an avatar for your forum profile. Click the link at the top of the page that says profile. This will take you to the Profile Set Up page. There are 3 Panels, first is information about yourself, secind is your forum preferences, and third is your Avatar. You can load an image from your machine, link to an image at another url, or choose from a gallery of avatars.
Kadh2000
Squire
Squire

Post by Kadh2000 »

I think this question has a very simple answer. It is better because it has to be better. If you've got the only character generator that charges a fee for use, you have to be the best one.
"Cry woe, destruction, ruin, loss, decay;
The worst is Kadh, and Kadh will have his day!"

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”