Does registration allow full, unrestricted access ??

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Does registration allow full, unrestricted access ??

Post by admin »

I received this question from a non-registered user - I've decided to place it here with my reply so this information can be accessible to all.
Greetings,
I have a question about the "unlocked" - registered version of the worksheet that I require an answer to before I purchase a registration key.

Does registration allow full, unrestricted access to all aspects of the sheet? ie: Does registration provide a password for the protection of the sheets?

The reason I ask this, is that in my game group we have several house rules that actually change the mechanics of some aspects of the game. Having the ability to reflect those changes in a character workbook is important to me and my group.

I hope you have time to get back to me and I look forward to your response.

platosadvisor

Sir,

Registration does not grant you access to the source and forumla of the Sheet, anymore than buying Microsoft Excel will give you access to it's source code. The Protection is the only [meager] way I have to protect my hard work from those who would use it without registering.

On the other hand, the Sheet is very customizable [and I'am sure the people here would agree]: You can most likely create any "rule" you wish, by using the adjustment cells & your Excel know-how.

Note that if you hard-coded changes in the Sheet in the manner you propose, you'd have to re-do all that work each time you wish to get the newer versions of the Sheet... But if you'd use the Misc & Adjustment cells, it would be much easier to get new releases...

You do not mention the type of houserule you use, but here is an example of how you can implement a house rule in the Sheet:

HouseRule: In this HouseRule, a player's "base attack" is exactly equal to his level (so all class get the same as a fighter/barbarian/paladin/ranger)

How To Implement: in the Adjustement cell for Base Attack, remove the effect of "Base Attack" and use the Character's level instead. The formula in cell S31 [tSel_BaseAttackMisc] would be:

=i_CharacterLevel-i_BaseAttack

If you can specify the houserule you have in mind, I'd be happy to share how I would implement it as a regsistered user!

Richard
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”