Holy Huge bag of loot!

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
Ser'bon2.0
Horseman
Horseman

Holy Huge bag of loot!

Post by Ser'bon2.0 »

Wow!

I don't visit the site in a month and I come back to V7.0.

Congrats, I didn't think the sheet could double in usefullness. I should have come to the site a little more frequently as I just finished typing in all the characters I have ever used, and would like to use. I guess I have a lot of Ctrl+C's and V's coming up this weekend.

I think my work will be a little easier than what you just went through.

Thanks again.

Ser'bon.
... I swear it FELL out of your pouch!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Holy Huge bag of loot!

Post by admin »

Ser'bon2.0 wrote:Wow!

I don't visit the site in a month and I come back to V7.0.

Congrats, I didn't think the sheet could double in usefullness. I should have come to the site a little more frequently as I just finished typing in all the characters I have ever used, and would like to use. I guess I have a lot of Ctrl+C's and V's coming up this weekend.

I think my work will be a little easier than what you just went through.

Thanks again.

Ser'bon.
No problem...!
If you make new Races & Classes, you can share them in the appropriate section of the Forum !! (and do check there as more and more of those are being posted !)

Richard
Ser'bon2.0
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ser'bon2.0 »

Richard,

The problem with that is my Excel knowledge is average. Most of the stuff that I have entered is basic Typing in data. I'm still trying to figure out most of the harder to complex formulas.

*Side Question* The designators beside ones Avatar. How do theese Swords go up? (i.e. Peasant to Squire... etc.)

Ser'bon.
... I swear it FELL out of your pouch!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Ser'bon2.0 wrote:Richard,

The problem with that is my Excel knowledge is average. Most of the stuff that I have entered is basic Typing in data. I'm still trying to figure out most of the harder to complex formulas.
The best way to learn is by example.. check out the Existing classes/races to see how they're done.. !!
Ser'bon2.0 wrote:*Side Question* The designators beside ones Avatar. How do these Swords go up? (i.e. Peasant to Squire... etc.)
It's relative to the number of Posts... :)

Cheers !

Richard
Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nekosama
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Nekosama »

What it by number of posts? You made me pay 5 dollars.
>^.^< Merrourow!!
Nekosama
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Nekosama »

Just kidding, woke up silly today for some reason. Probably I do not have to go to the hell that is work.
>^.^< Merrourow!!
Flinx
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by Flinx »

I just wonder if we are ever gonna get more than 6 swords?
R.I.P. Ernest Gary Gygax, July 27, 1938 - March 4, 2008 - You will be critically missed

TOS+ - Crash, Minotaur Male Favored Soul
Image Marsaili - Human Female Bard
Image Emily - Human Female Scout / Fighter / Dervish
Image Valor - Warforged Knight
HelloRaptor
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by HelloRaptor »

Ser'bon2.0 wrote:Richard,

Ser'bon.
Honestly, it's easy enough to learn if you sit down and work on it. It can be frustrating, and involve a lot of inputting strings into notepad that already exist (copy and paste from existing classes or the like) until you work out how the logic works. Also, Excel itself gives you a lot of tips. For the longest time I would wonder why a string might say IF(lvl_custom>1,"Blah.","") because it just seemed like some meaningless symbols. Once I stopped and peeked at what Excel was telling me as I typed it in it was pretty obvious that it was --> if(logical_argument,true_then_this,false_then_this). So if lvl is greater than 1 "Blah" and if not, nothing.

It can get pretty complicated trying to figure out formula within formula, but even that starts to make more and more sense after a while. And you can always come around here and post the string you're working on and ask for help. Also, a great way to look up things is to open the Class Features tab for the existing classes. I was able to do some of the stuff with my Druid PrCs by going to the Druid class features and seeing how Richard had it displaying Wild Shape per day. I'm still a bit sloppy, but I'm getting better, and I really know nothing about Excel. ;)
wolf_spider333
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by wolf_spider333 »

I have never been very good with Exel but the sheet does so much for me it makes it easy to make unique races, so far I have made 3 or 4 new half-elf animal races to toy around with and have had no problems and alot of fun...
larenee
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by larenee »

I had ZERO knowledge of Excel when I got the sheet. However, I still wanted to integrate the spells from other sources into the sheet. As I worked on Complete Arcane, I looked at how the SRD spells had been entered and caculated. Just about every formula needed had already been written. I had to play around with a few to account for an unusual variable now and then. It turned out to be much easier than I thought it would, so I'm tackling Complete Adventurer now....
Troy

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”