Complete Arcana and TOS (free pref)

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
takuthesamurai
Peasant
Peasant

Complete Arcana and TOS (free pref)

Post by takuthesamurai »

So I've been playing about with TOS free, and I'm really impressed thus far with it's functionality. I hit something of a Brick Wall when I tried to replicate the "Mage of the Arcane Order" Prestige class from Complete Arcana (D&D 3.5). The class in question gains new Spells/Day as if he had gained a Level in his original spell class, in this case Wizard. I have no idea how to replicate this, and I'm kind of hoping for an easy way to track my Spellpool debt.
Are there Prestige Class Worksheets still supporting TOSfree, and are there classes from Complete Arcana?
I don't really want to spend $10 on a worksheet I'm only going to use in one or two campaigns.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Complete Arcana and TOS (free pref)

Post by admin »

takuthesamurai wrote:...I don't really want to spend $10 on a worksheet I'm only going to use in one or two campaigns.
The first time I read you post, I though you were saying 1 or 2 games....
But campaigns? :roll:

R
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Mage of the Arcane Order has been done for both TOSfree and TOS+. To do what you want (easily track how the prestige class affects your spells), you will be much happier with TOS+.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

takuthesamurai wrote:So I've been playing about with TOS free, and I'm really impressed thus far with it's functionality. I hit something of a Brick Wall when I tried to replicate the "Mage of the Arcane Order" Prestige class from Complete Arcana (D&D 3.5). The class in question gains new Spells/Day as if he had gained a Level in his original spell class, in this case Wizard. I have no idea how to replicate this, and I'm kind of hoping for an easy way to track my Spellpool debt.
Are there Prestige Class Worksheets still supporting TOSfree, and are there classes from Complete Arcana?
I don't really want to spend $10 on a worksheet I'm only going to use in one or two campaigns.
Honestly, if you spent the low $10 (less than $1/month), you'd find that most everything you could hope for in near perfect automation is there, at your fingertips.
As for the TOS FREE class, http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=693.
As for the TOS+ class, http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3053.
:thumb1:
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Pdunn2230
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Pdunn2230 »

Hello, please excuse my ignorance. I am a first time poster. I have an old TOS+ v5.109. I am trying to get a TOS+ version which has all of the 3.5e prestige classes pre-built like the Mage of the Arcane Order. Can you please help me understand what I have to do to achieve this.
Thanks.
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

Pdunn2230 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:11 am Hello, please excuse my ignorance. I am a first time poster. I have an old TOS+ v5.109. I am trying to get a TOS+ version which has all of the 3.5e prestige classes pre-built like the Mage of the Arcane Order. Can you please help me understand what I have to do to achieve this.
Thanks.
Because those prestige classes are all copyrighted, and none of them are in the Open Game License, it is not legal to create a version of TOS+ which has all of them pre-built. However, many people on the forums have already created those prestige classes so they could be loaded into TOS+. They are shared on this forum. By purchasing a subscription for updates to TOS+, you will gain access to the forums where people share the classes they have made. Many of the 3.5 prestige classes have been created. Even if it has not been created, if you submit a request on the forums, someone on the forums may create it for you.

Every prestige class from the Complete series is created already.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Pdunn2230
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Pdunn2230 »

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. I have just paid for a years subscription so will progress this when that becomes active.
Pdunn2230
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Pdunn2230 »

Hi again, ok I have received my new TOS+ subscription email with attached new version. That’s all good, but when I go into the forum to the 3.5 class area it says “ You do not have the required permissions to view or read topics within this forum”, so does that mean my forum account has not yet been updated with my new subscription details to allow me access to these community classes resources?

Thanks
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Pdunn2230 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:25 pm Hi again, ok I have received my new TOS+ subscription email with attached new version. That’s all good, but when I go into the forum to the 3.5 class area it says “ You do not have the required permissions to view or read topics within this forum”, so does that mean my forum account has not yet been updated with my new subscription details to allow me access to these community classes resources?

Thanks
You were sent 2 emails upon subscription; The 1st email contained the .zip file + your personal key.
The second email was a confirmation of process, and contained information on how to gain access to the forum.

Did you receive this second email?
Let me know if that email did not make it to your InBox (be sure to White List my email to avoid mis-tags)

admin
Pdunn2230
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Pdunn2230 »

Hi, right ok. I thought that as I had created my account previously, then paying for a renewal subscription would result in it being automatically updated. My bad. I have now carried out step 2 and will await it being processed. Thank you.
Pdunn2230
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Pdunn2230 »

Hi again. Ok access has been granted to forum so I have now downloaded this class and opened it in the new version of TOS. Thank you VERY much for your help.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”