Question about Custom Classes for TOS Free

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
DeadZone
Squire
Squire

Question about Custom Classes for TOS Free

Post by DeadZone »

Hello,

I recently started trying to use TOS Free. For the most part, I like what I see. But I think that I just need to get used to it a bit. So, in using the scheet, I added a custom prestige class. This PRC grants divine caster levels at various levels of the PRC. (For an example, let's say that every even level grants a +1 caster level.) So, let's say that I'm a cleric-7/Custom-5. My effective caster level would be 9... 7 from cleric and 2 from the custom class.

How do I enter that into TOS?

Thanks,
Scott
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Re: Question about Custom Classes for TOS Free

Post by CGM3 »

On the Back sheet, in the upper right, TOS displays the spellcaster level and spells per day. Each spellcaster class also has two Bonus Levels fields, one that applies to spells per day, the other applying to spells known.

You should put a formula in the Spells per Day bonus field of the Cleric display to add the extra levels. In your example, and assuming the custom class in your example is in the first custom class slot, you'd put:

=TRUNC(lvl_Custom1/2)

You should also put the same formula in the Effective Level Adjustment field on the SpellPlanner to affect the spell parameters (such as the extra hp restored by cure spells, duration and range, etc).
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
DeadZone
Squire
Squire

Post by DeadZone »

Awesome! Thank you. That did the trick.
Sonorod
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Sonorod »

Speaking of customer classes, I was looking for an Urban Ranger template for TOS Free. I searched the forums, but the link to the template was broken or is no longer available.

Any idea if there is another available on these forums?

Thanks.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Sonorod wrote:Speaking of customer classes, I was looking for an Urban Ranger template for TOS Free. I searched the forums, but the link to the template was broken or is no longer available.

Any idea if there is another available on these forums?

Thanks.
It is located in a section of the forum you do not have access to.

Some time ago, I offered TOS FREE users the ability to purchase access to all the TOS FREE sections, but I have not restored this options since I re-modeled the Home Page.... I am not sure if I should even bother, since most TOS FREE users prefer free stuff to start with.

Admin

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”