Documentation

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
DigMarx
Soldier
Soldier

Documentation

Post by DigMarx »

I've got TOS+ (wife bought it for me) but don't have a subscription to the forum. I'm happy with the sheet so far, but I've run into a couple sticking points. I wouldn't need to ask someone else how to solve the problem if I could find proper documentation for the sheet. The Wiki just isn't cutting it. Am I missing something?

Zo
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Documentation

Post by admin »

DigMarx wrote:I've got TOS+ (wife bought it for me) but don't have a subscription to the forum. I'm happy with the sheet so far, but I've run into a couple sticking points. I wouldn't need to ask someone else how to solve the problem if I could find proper documentation for the sheet. The Wiki just isn't cutting it. Am I missing something?

Zo
The Wiki does explain a lot of advances features - what is missing that you did not find there?
Also, Sheet users can request edit access to the Wiki to share their knowledge of it...
DigMarx
Soldier
Soldier

Post by DigMarx »

Well, I generally get how the sheet works, I've got no problems adding custom gear, feats, etc. But the instructions on how to link spellbooks doesn't work (Win XP, Office 2003 SP3) since the sheet is locked, and honestly, the Wiki is FAR from complete. Many pages have empty headers. On my wife's (Pathfinder) fighter/rogue I notice the Armor Training negates the ACP and has to be added back in manually, etc. etc. My issues are not so much any single problem, but rather the lack of recourse to solving them. I'm kind of a DIY person, but far from an Excel expert.

Zo
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

DigMarx wrote:Well, I generally get how the sheet works, I've got no problems adding custom gear, feats, etc. But the instructions on how to link spellbooks doesn't work (Win XP, Office 2003 SP3) since the sheet is locked, and honestly, the Wiki is FAR from complete.
I am not sure what you mean about 'linking' spellbooks. The wiki covers the most advance topics; the 'easy' topics are mostly ignored, as they are either self-explanatory, or they have comments within the sheet itself that covers it.
DigMarx wrote:Many pages have empty headers. On my wife's (Pathfinder) fighter/rogue I notice the Armor Training negates the ACP and has to be added back in manually, etc. etc.
Any errors in the Sheet should be reported for correction!!

DigMarx wrote:My issues are not so much any single problem, but rather the lack of recourse to solving them. I'm kind of a DIY person, but far from an Excel expert.
There are recourse to solving them - but you choose not to avail yourself of these by choosing the Stand-alone version, as opposed to a subscription which includes Technical support (and other benefits). You can remedy this at a future date, if you wish (instructions were given in the Email with your Key)

Admin
DigMarx
Soldier
Soldier

Post by DigMarx »

Alright, well, first of all I was referring to http://theonlysheet.com/wiki/index.php? ... l.21.29.3F not working. Either the cell names have changed or I'm missing something, because I can't change the protected sheet elements.

Second, and I'm trying not to be rude, but why should I bother reporting a bug (which I've already done, albeit indirectly) if your response to my dilemma is "the only way to solve problems is pay for forum access"? I won't be able to download the bugfixed version without paying again, and frankly that's not likely to happen. As I said before, when purchasing the standalone sheet I realized I would not have access to the forum. I thought that adequate documentation would allow me to solve any issues. Caveat Emptor.

Zo
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

DigMarx wrote:Alright, well, first of all I was referring to http://theonlysheet.com/wiki/index.php? ... l.21.29.3F not working. Either the cell names have changed or I'm missing something, because I can't change the protected sheet elements.
Ah that's what you mean - This was indeed outdated in the Wiki, and referring to the version of the sheet I was working back in 2006. I've updated it for TOS+.

Thanks!

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”