Rumor: WotC to stop reprinting 4E Core Books ...

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Rumor: WotC to stop reprinting 4E Core Books ...

Post by admin »

RUMOR: WotC to stop reprinting 4E Core Books in favor of Essentials line (source)
ManaNation has received a tip that Wizards of the Coast has decided to end the print run of the Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Core Handbooks, instead aiming to turn the game in the direction of Dungeons and Dragons Essentials, a product to be released later this year. The first product for the Essentials line is starting with the Dungeons & Dragons Fantasy Roleplaying Game also being called the Red Box and is due to be released on Sept. 7th, 2010.

It is our understanding that they are not going to be reprinting any of the three main books, the Players Handbook, Dungeon Master Guide and Monster Manual from this point on to allow them to be phased out. No other books have been mentioned.

This does not match repeated assertions by WotC that the Essentials line is not D&D 4.5. At the moment - pending confirmation - this has "take with a grain of salt" status.
I would not be surprised if this was more then a rumor...
admin
darkwatersong
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Rumor: WotC to stop reprinting 4E Core Books ...

Post by darkwatersong »

Yep - I long ago got to the point where I am waiting for a Wizards to sell a $60 gift set that comes with cheap dice (and only 6 of them), some premade characters, and a 30 day pass to their new improved D&D Online! Now home of all the resource material you could ever want!*

*Unless you want to role play, instead of roll playing.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”