Questions about The Only Sheet

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Questions about The Only Sheet

Post by admin »

Quentin wrote:I've just found out about your spreadsheet, so I downloaded the trial version. Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a couple of issues almost immediately, despite having read the FAQ and the manual:

1 - Characters get max HP for the first level (some give 2nd level as
well), so your 'Use Fixed HP' check gives incorrect results.
You'll have to tell me how you come to that conclusion.. all my tests show it's worked exactly as it should! (and I assure you... there are many people using the Sheet and obvious errors are kind of Rare with that crowd looking above my shoulder :D )

The sheet does this:
For 1 HD or less: Maximum HP for first die, then die/2 for each levels above first (it does NOT round away the fraction, but keeps them!): A 2nd level fighter (no Constitution bonus) using the Fixed HP would get: 10 + 5.5 = 15 HPs -> If it was 3rd level, it would be 10 + 5.5 + 5.5 = 21 HPs

For Any character with 2HD or More, then it gets the average for it's HD: A Centaur (4 HD) without any class levels would get: 4 * 4.5 = 18 HP (not considering any the Constitution bonus)
Quentin wrote:2 - I tried creating a 2nd level human fighter. The Feats count (Back:F47) does not count the bonus fighter feats. It only give 2 - one for 1st level and one for human, whereas there should be 2
additional fighter feats. Perhaps the lack of a fighter feats drop-down list in P47 is related?
This is by design: The Fighter can select only Combat oriented feats with that bonus. Because of that (and many other class that 'limits' the type of feats that can be gained, I decided to use only the Sources mentionned in the comment in cell F47 of the BACK worksheet. Another example is the Wizard, which gets 'limited' bonus feat at 5th, 10th, 15th... Note that the Class FEATURES in the BACk worksheet WILL tell you how many feats you should add, and WHICH TYPE it is (A 4th level fighter would see "3x Bonus combat-oriented Feat") - Note that this is why there is an "adjustement" box just besides the number of Base feats... :)

As a side note, you could select 22 feats for your first level Fighter... The Sheet won't complain about it (again by design: My DM is giving out bonus feats from time to time and I though it useless to "limit" the number of feats - This makes House Rules easier to handle)
Quentin wrote:3 - Having read the instructions, some of the feats (e.g. Weapon Finesse) seem to be supposed to be linkable to items. I tried giving my fighter the Weapon Finesse feat and associating it to the
longsword. The longsword was listed in both the gear and on the front
page but I could not associate the two. Or am I missing something?
Weapon finesse will be applied automatically for any weapons that have the "weapon finesse" set to YES. Longswords are usually not light weapons. You CAN redefine Longswords to be usable with the weapon finesse feat if that's what you want: Goto the Gears worksheet, in cell W51 you can place a YES there... this will make your 'basic' longsword usable with Weapon Finesse !

Note that Weapon Finesse is 'linked' automatically to all 'finessed' weapons. Some feats, like Weapon Focus, you HAVE to tell the Sheet which weapon focus feat you have: To do that, goto the Customize worksheet, click on the Weapon Focus link (in the Feat section). Now, in the first yellow box, select "Longsword". This tells the sheet you HAVE the weapon focus the the Longsword family of weapons! Now go to the BACK worksheet, in the Feat Area, and select "Wpn Focus: Longsword" and that's it ! Note that any "custom" weapon that you make which have the Longsword as it's family, will also benefit from that weapon focus!
Quentin wrote:You've clearly put a lot of work into this and I look forward to returning to it.
Thanks - 2 years to be more precise... Let me know if you have any other questions.

Richard
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Quentin wrote:I was going to say, "Sorry, if I create a 2nd level fighter with a
CON of 16, the spreadsheet says the fighter has 15 HP -
(2x4.5)+(2x3)", but I've double-checked and d*mn me if it hasn't
changed to the correct value of 21 HP! I must have caught it between
recalculations (this isn't a fast PC).
hehe as I said, I can't get away to abvious bugs... at least, not for a long time!! :D
Quentin wrote:[Fighter feats not being counted]
Can I suggest that you work to change this? At the very least make
the feats a summary - e.g. listing the count of Base Feats and the
counts of restricted feats from classes, and then each type of feat
seperately? I'd be using the spreadsheet to help me not forget to add
the number of feats of each particular type from each particular
class. Allow users to add their own types (e.g. Good, Evil) of
course. For instance, I might define a Prestige Class which grants
Fighter, Metamagic, and feats of types of my own creation.
I'm very open to any suggestion that increases the usefulness of the Sheet - and I agree that this could be easily done!!

I'll work on it for the next release - It's rather an easy thing to add actually... and Good ideas (that are FAST to implement) always gets my full attention! :D
Quentin wrote:Here's something further you might like to consider: given that your spreadsheet does not keep track of this and therefore cannot be trusted in this capacity, how can it be trusted in any other? If I
were to create a 4th level Fighter / 5th level Mage, it would miss out 3 Fighter feats and 1 item creation / metamagic feat. - things I'd be looking for the spreadsheet to look after.
Yep - you've sold me :D

Quentin wrote:Anyway, you have my utmost admiration for what you've done, but IMO you have just that little way to go.
The Sheet is a work in progress... that cannot be denied - IF you look at the History (in the download section) you'll see what I mean.

Thanks for your idea!!

Richard
larenee
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by larenee »

This is a great idea! As a GM who keeps track of the PCs and NPCs, I offen forget where the 'bonus' feats come from. We have a house rule which allows players to 'buy' additional feats with experience points. So, a character with a couple classes which grant bonus feats and with a couple of 'purchased' feats, requires me to track bonus feats carefully. Having a central spot to remind me would be very useful.

Thanks!
Troy

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”