Upgrading from TOS+ -- Is the old personal key still valid?

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
the_crusatyr
Squire
Squire

Upgrading from TOS+ -- Is the old personal key still valid?

Post by the_crusatyr »

I purchased TOS+ back in 2005 and just started gaming again with PF rules. I was wondering if I need to pay for the whole package again, or just a 12 month forum subscription to gain access to the download area to get the latest version and use the same key?

-Ryan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: Upgrading from TOS+ -- Is the old personal key still valid?

Post by admin »

the_crusatyr wrote:I purchased TOS+ back in 2005 and just started gaming again with PF rules. I was wondering if I need to pay for the whole package again, or just a 12 month forum subscription to gain access to the download area to get the latest version and use the same key?

-Ryan
TOS+ was released in 2007. You have the previous incarnation - which is currently referred to as TOS FREE. That version is freely available on the home page, in the download section.

TOS+ was developed after 15 months of work, using TOS Free as the 'base' and is a different product (a comparison between TOS FREE and TOS+ is available here)

Once you have your personal Key for TOS+, you can simply purchase the forum access time, to allow you to download updates (amongst other benefits, as listed here). This allows you to maintain your subscription as you desire.

admin
the_crusatyr
Squire
Squire

Post by the_crusatyr »

admin wrote:
the_crusatyr wrote:I purchased TOS+ back in 2005 and just started gaming again with PF rules. I was wondering if I need to pay for the whole package again, or just a 12 month forum subscription to gain access to the download area to get the latest version and use the same key?

-Ryan
TOS+ was released in 2007. You have the previous incarnation - which is currently referred to as TOS FREE. That version is freely available on the home page, in the download section.

TOS+ was developed after 15 months of work, using TOS Free as the 'base' and is a different product (a comparison between TOS FREE and TOS+ is available here)

Once you have your personal Key for TOS+, you can simply purchase the forum access time, to allow you to download updates (amongst other benefits, as listed here). This allows you to maintain your subscription as you desire.

admin
So my key for D&D Multiclass Character Sheet V7.30.2 that I purchased in 2005 will or will not work for TOS+ V3.4? I'm figuring that it won't, but reading through the forums didn't really answer this question in black and white for me. I understand that it is TOS Free now and that the new TOS+ is much cooler ;). I just need to know if I have a personal Key for TOS+ already or not.

Thanks!
-Ryan
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

the_crusatyr wrote:So my key for D&D Multiclass Character Sheet V7.30.2 that I purchased in 2005 will or will not work for TOS+ V3.4? I'm figuring that it won't, but reading through the forums didn't really answer this question in black and white for me. I understand that it is TOS Free now and that the new TOS+ is much cooler ;). I just need to know if I have a personal Key for TOS+ already or not.

Thanks!
-Ryan
Correct: two different products - keys for the 'old' TOS sheet (now known as TOS FREE) do not work in the much newer TOS+.

Also note that TOS FREE does not even require a personal key!
admin
CGM3
Divine Rank 12
Divine Rank 12

Post by CGM3 »

Also note that TOS+ is incompatible with the files saved by "old" TOS (which have a ".mcs" suffix; TOS+ save files use a ".tos" suffix.) So if you want to transfer a character from the old form to the new, you have to rebuild him (although some copy and paste can be done).
Over on Discord, I go by Gryphon
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer
the_crusatyr
Squire
Squire

Post by the_crusatyr »

I just picked up just TOS+ this time around, and I'll probably end up purchasing forum time next month.

Just as an aside, the paypal receipt says:

From amount $10.68 USD
To amount $9.99 CAD

Looks like the Canadian dollar is stronger today.

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”