3.5 Rules with PathFinder Skills

If you have general questions, here is the place to post them!
Otherwise, if you need help on a specific Tool:
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS 2nd PRO edition
Click HERE for Technical Support for TOS+
Click HERE for help on TOS CORE
Click HERE for help on the Loot Divider
Click HERE for help on TOS Caravan
gaspipe1
Squire
Squire

3.5 Rules with PathFinder Skills

Post by gaspipe1 »

Please forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but I did not see it. Currently I am playing a campaign that uses 3.5 rules for everything except the skills. Regarding skills we use PFRPG except we made one difference; athletics is a combined skill for climb, jump, and swim.

Is there a way to leave the 3.5 rules setting on the Control tab, but still incorporate the skill system used in PFRPG? Best part is that this would help out a current member of TOS+ too.. Since he too uses this sheet :)

TY in advance
Gaspare
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: 3.5 Rules with PathFinder Skills

Post by admin »

gaspipe1 wrote:Please forgive me if this was posted elsewhere, but I did not see it. Currently I am playing a campaign that uses 3.5 rules for everything except the skills. Regarding skills we use PFRPG except we made one difference; athletics is a combined skill for climb, jump, and swim.

Is there a way to leave the 3.5 rules setting on the Control tab, but still incorporate the skill system used in PFRPG? Best part is that this would help out a current member of TOS+ too.. Since he too uses this sheet :)

TY in advance
Gaspare
Well, I'd advise to update everything to Pathfinder as opposed to sticking with the old 3.5 version, but that's not what you want to hear...
You'd need to fudge with the skill system to adjust it to 'emulate' Pathfinder... much more complex (in my humble opinion) then a clean switch to Pathfinder!!

if I may ask, why are you not switching fully to Pathfinder? A lot of 3.5 players not interested in the 4th ed. moved to Pathfinder...D&D3.75!!

admin
gaspipe1
Squire
Squire

Re: 3.5 Rules with PathFinder Skills

Post by gaspipe1 »

Seems that we as a group are happy w/ 3.5 on a whole, but some players asked if they could use the grouping of skills that PF uses. Some examples are Perception as apposed to spot, listen and search.

So I basically would need to convert the skill pts to not multiply the points you get by 4.
-So a 1st lvl Human Ranger w/ 14 Int will have 9 pts in PF and 36 pts in 3.5
-Would also need to adj the amount of ranks maxed, in this case from 4 to 1
-It would also need to add 3 points when I initially add a rank in a class skill

I mean the easiest way would be to just ignore the extra points and do it manually and make sure the numbers are correct. I was just wondering if there was a "fix" to this house rule.

OK I am sold.. :)

Return to “Twiglet's Tavern [Open to All]”