Beginning

The Dragon Tooth Chronicles takes place in the Nine Isles, a land wrought with mystery... A heavy mist has descended upon the islands, bringing with it a plague of monsters known simply as the Horde (note: no knowledge of the Warhammer gaming system is needed to play this game). Over the years, the people of the islands have learned to cope with the presence of the monsters, and they develop into a highly defensive society.
User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:44 pm

(off we go then and please excuse the delay).
Life comes from all corners of the world as have all of you. Word was spread throughout most of the 9 isles that the Empress of the Unified Nations had a call for adventurers. So you all made you're way to the continent of Pavel and to the capital city of Wendel. Arrangements had been made for you to stay at the finest inn The Black Pearl Inn. You all sleep for the night and the next morning you go to you're requested meeting at the Royal Palace. All of you're names are taken down and then you went to meet w/the Empress. The meeting room was a lavish business style room with comfortable chairs. Servers were there bringing you water to drink and some tasty crackers of some sort. The Royal Guard stood by the doors and blocked the door that the Empress was going to come through. When she entered the room, it was a simple entrance, no standing, music or announcements were given. The Empress was a beautiful 1/2 Elf w/ long brown hair, sapphire blue eyes and golden skin. Alond side her was one lone man dressed in black concealing features of his face and body with robed however you could see he carried a bastard sword. An elite guard or personal bodyguard it seemed like.
"I welcome you travelers, I am Empress Du'Pree." She said. "I have requested assistance from all of you for a very special mission the retrieval of "The Sight Crystal" A lost heirloom." She paused a moment. "I cannot say more than that for now, I apologize for that." She continued. "All I can say is go back to you're rooms and you will receive further instructions." Then she left and you all were lead back to the inn in a more or less confused state. In the middle of the night you all were awoken and taken to an underground room and there was Derik. This time you could see his face, he was dressed in regular clothing, he has a good physique but slight horns protruding from his head, he has long black hair and hazel eyes. And further more he has wings, they look feathered like an angels wings but they have grey feathers.
"I apologize for the lateness of the hour and the confusing I'm sure you all are feeling, the enemy is wily and has ears in many places, particular in high places." Derik said, his voice was less mannered than the Empresses, less formal sounding with a slight wild tone to it. Derik explained that the once defeated legions of the Horde that were thought to be eradicated in A great war long ago were suspected to be coming back into being if not already back. If that wasn't bad enough they are under the command of an unknown absolutely evil known as The Warlock Lord. The sight crystal is only one of 9 artifacts that legend says can defeat The legions and their Lord. Derik explained that the true mission was to retrieve all 9.
"The rewards may be money, glory, honor or just plain fun however it could cost you you're life or worse you're soul."Derik finished.
"This is my path, if you so choose you can follow me on this path and benefit all people in the 9 Isles or you can choose to turn a blind eye and live life normally until you become enslaved by the vast legions. The Horde and their Lord don't care about you or me or the crown or anything all The Warlock Lord seeks is nothing less than Ultimate power and conquest of every living things." Derik finished.

Tags everyone

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:53 am

Aeion listens intently to what Derik has to say.
When the winged figure has finished explaining the situation Aeion pauses to take it all in and weigh up his options.
After a few moments Aeion gives a nod to Derik and says You can count me in.
Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:52 pm

Shel also listens to the Winged Figure in front of them.

I seek not power nor fame or Glory but i seek to Stomp out the Darkness and let the Light of the gods in. you can count me in

User avatar
KromTF
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by KromTF » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:08 pm

Dorn, standing there looking very upset at being awoken in the middle of the night and called like some servant, listens to the speech with a scowl.
He listens to the horned one and to the others agree to join and thinks "money, fun and possibly a glorious death..." and simply says "I'm in"

Spazz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: USA/NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by Spazz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:26 pm

Grall, standing stoically, looking like there's a fight that a battle of evil needs his attention. His shield has several cuts and dents with Heironeous's symbol embellished on it. His Flail has the holy symbol inscribed on the head. His chainmail armor uncharacteristically clean for a 1/2 orc. "Shall evil be involved in this adventure?"

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:58 pm

Derik Nodded to Grall. "If the rumors are true then evil is definately arisen." Then after that you all have a good nights sleep and in the morning you all wake up. "Let's head towards Dragon Tooth Point in the mountains to the west, I was raised there, it might be worth a visit." Derik said. "If any of you have anything you need to get lets go ahead and get it and then we'll move along, we should a town nearby the mountains by nightfall if we get moving soon." Derik continued.


Tags
(Next Post, Friday)

Spazz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: USA/NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by Spazz » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 pm

Grall carefully takes careful examination of the other party members. He grabs his pack from the floor and hoists it onto his back.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:51 pm

i have all i need right here on me. let is leave. Anything else Fharlanghn will provide on the way in our travels

User avatar
KromTF
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by KromTF » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 am

Krom takes the last swig from his morning handkeg of ale and says loudly "If there is evil to be put down, then let's make haste so that I may claim their souls for Clanggedin!"

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:44 am

Aeion dons his cloak and picks up his gear.
We should make haste if we are to make it to the mountains by nightfall.
Image

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:09 am

Derik nodded as the group was in consensus for the most part that they are ready to go. The sun started to creep over the horizon as the group left in a northward direction. "Should be 2 days ride north of here to the next village which is right next to the mountain." Derik paused for a moment looked like his mind was somewhere else, almost communicating with something unknown as they traveled. The day went on without much to say. You see a cattleman bringing his cattle across the road at about midday, the sky was clear in the morning going to partly cloudy skies towards midday. The land had been plains type of lands all the way, kind of flat with a few rolling hills here and there. Beautiful green and brown colored grasses across the plains as well as local wildlife. You had the cattle and sheep of the cattle and sheepmen respectively. Many birds, you're not sure what all of them are. Derik was almost silent sometimes he seemed to be stuck some sort of weird meditation and sometimes he would speak in only a whisper in another language. Seemed a spiritual kind of thing probably just his religion. As dusk approached however you are approached by a group of bandits. It was a small group about 6 deep total. Two of them had bastard swords and looked kind of like warriors, two were dressed in black and had short swords and daggers, one was a definite mage and the last one was a long haired man who was obviously the leader as he was the one trying to rob you.

Tags (Battle time)

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:58 am

Image

User avatar
KromTF
Squire
Squire
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by KromTF » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:39 pm

:20: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2003534/ (1d20+2=14)

Dorn, seeing the caster, immediately sets his sights on him growling "I'm coming for YOU wizard!".

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:20 am

i go on a 4. ya my dice hate me

Spazz
Squire
Squire
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 10:55 pm
Location: USA/NJ

Re: Beginning

Post by Spazz » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:53 pm

Grall rotates his heavy flail in his hand for the bandits to see his holy symbol, "We are on a mission of divine proportions and it would be wise to not intervene or Heironeous shall be most unpleased."
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2007623/ 1d20+2 → [20,2] = (22)

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:46 pm

Derik rolled (1d20+4=16+4=20, couldn't figure out how to link the castle roll I know I'm and idiot.) Alright, initative for groups will be simple on this encounter Them=12 Us=16. We go first. Initative within groups aka. order of actions will be as follows. Grall, Derik, Aeion, Dorn, rednetta (I apologize I forgot you're character name, it won't happen again). Now on with RPing.

While most of you save for Grall kind of stated the foolishness of attacking our group. Derik practically flew/jumped off his horse straight towards the leader of the group. Derik said something in what sounds like a blend of abyssal/infernal/celestial. Those of you who know any of those languages you don't understand exactly what was said but the basic point was something like you want to die fine. Then the rest was not understood.

Tags (Individual actions next, spell casting, meelee etc)

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm

SHel will Cast Shield of Faith.

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Drawing small patterns in the air with one hand and reaching into his component pouch with the other, Aeion begins to mutter the words that will surround his body with an invisible field of force.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Casts Mage Armor on himself increasing AC to 18

 

Image

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Beginning

Post by rickynumber24 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm

An elf (who will turn out to be Erelm) making his way across the fields, possibly hunting for some dinner, hears a commotion and starts jogging over.

Initiative vs. bandits (1d20+3=10)
OUT OF CHARACTER
I have to say, I rolled really badly this time...
Anyway, I'm going to arbitrarily say he's about 120ft away from the bandits at the beginning and makes a double-move toward the action. The idea is that he will be roughly 60ft away after moving for the entire first round. (After that, it looks like I go last in the next round...) Since this is really a DM decision, he can feel free to tell me the situation is something different, but I expect my character would be fairly far away to start with.

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am

OOC: Ok I finally fixed this stupid character thingy I was having a problem with on my MAC so things should move smoother and hopefully we can finish the battle here shortly and welcome a new person who is comming to the battle.

IC:
To Hit :Derik struck the leader with his claws first. His left hand swept forward and clipped the man in the leg some of the man's armor deflecting the attack. The right hand claw came up in a kind of wierd uppercut type of swipe splitting the man's face open, blood sprayed in the air. The man screamed and started to bring his hands up to his face but it was too late. Like an animal Derik bit the man in the neck ripping out his throat and then spitting it onto the ground. Then Derik took his shortspear and handaxe out ready for the next on comming attack.


http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2041208/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2041205/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2041209/

As Aeion draws his runes and what not he feels the effect of his mage armor come over him as usual.
Shel then casts shield of faith as a glowing shield surrounds him.

You all notice an elf closing in on the battle, this elf doesn't seem affiliated with the bandits (Elerm) as he seems more focused on the bandits than anyone else for the moment. You're not sure exactly what his intentions are but for now they seem honorable.

One of he reamaining 5 bandits strikes Derik for but a glancing wound.
The mage goes for Aeion noticing another mage and tries to cast magic missile but misses as the bolt of magic strikes a nearby tree and scatters into little light looking particles.
Another Bandit goes after Shael but his swing with his bastard sword misses.
One of the other bandits turns around and diverts his attention to the elf who is running up.
And the last bandit got sprayed by the blood of his leader turned to puke off to the side obviously these guys were not professional. Looks like this group got things off of intimidation.

OOC: Gonna try to speed things up I'll roll init for everyone then you can post actions. Next initative Us: 11 Them: 6 Group: Derik(20), Shael (17), Aeion(7, dice hate me)

Alright let me know you're actions and we should finish this battle soon. :mrgreen:

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Beginning

Post by rickynumber24 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:04 pm

Erelm approaches the bandit who took an interest in him to within 30ft and fires an arrow.


Roll to hit with shortbow: +3 from dex, +1 from point blank shot (1d20+4=24)
It's a fantastic shot!
Roll to confirm critical (1d20+4=8)
Damage roll: 1d6 shortbow + 1d6 skirmish + 1 point blank shot (2d6+1=11)
OUT OF CHARACTER
If The bandit is already within 30ft, Erelm is going to move around in a radius of just under 30ft toward behind the party to guarantee he moved 10ft this turn and thereby gets his skirmish damage bonus.
Also, it's a shame that crit probably didn't confirm, though the roll's pretty devastating as it is...
EDIT: I'm pretty low in the initiative rolls here... if things change before this happens... I'll fix it. I suppose I shouldn't have posted yet, but I happened to be looking at it...

 

Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:01 pm

Aeion whispers to himself...
What a pathetic excuse for a mage, can't even get a Magic Missile to strike true - well tit-for-tat...
Outstretching his arms, Aeion slowly begins to bring them together in front of him, veins bulging within his thin pale arms as he looks to be drawing energy from the air itself - suddenly a bolt of energy forms between his hands and he sends it outwards striking towards the mage.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Magic Missile -> mage: 1d4+1=4

 

Image

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:04 pm

Oh great and mighty Fharlanghn please grant me help to fight the bandits in front of us

Cast Summon Monster 1 a Celestial Fire Beetle

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Fri May 01, 2009 10:18 am

Derik goes after the bandit that hit him using his handaxe and shortspear quite effectively. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2052663/ (To hit)http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/ ... /(handaxe). Derik thrust forward with his spear practically impaling the man on it and he used his hand axe to cleave the dead body off of his shortspear.
Aeion shoots the other mage and hit him directly causing the mage to die rather dramatically.
Shael sumons a celestial Fire beetle which starts to attack a bandit. The beetle bites the bandit which causes the bandit to scream loudly then start running away.
(Bandits remaining 1)
Erelm shoots the bandit that remains who was starting to run but Erelm hit him with an arrow in the chest causing the man to crumple and fall. (End Combat)
(500Xp will be added to everyone's Xp due to combat, 2gp will be awarded as treasure from the bandits, also an extra 100Xp per person who did not flake out for good roleplaying).

Once the combat was over Derik wiped off his blades, he looked at Erelm, as he was new to the scene. There was a moment of silence as Derik approached Erelm. Derik looked at him for a moment (Imagine kind of a tribal aspect to this man) Derik's wings relaxed a bit and he nodded to Erelm as if some sort of strange approval went on. "Thank you for you're help." Derik said then waited for a moment not sure if this was a friend or foe.

Tags everyone.

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Fri May 01, 2009 11:32 am

Shael will not accept the god. I need not gold for the gods help me. if you seem it needed to give to me then donate it to a church

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Beginning

Post by rickynumber24 » Sat May 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Erelm says, "You appear to have had everything well in hand, but one should always help those who may be in need. What brings you through these parts?"
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:15 am
Location: Newbury, UK

Re: Beginning

Post by Aeion » Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 am

Aeion pockets his share of the gold and then addresses Erelm...
We are to save the land from an unthinkable evil - a task impossible for most.
You're welcome to join us if you wish but decide quickly as we must push on.
Image

rickynumber24
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 pm

Re: Beginning

Post by rickynumber24 » Thu May 07, 2009 2:20 pm

Erelm replies,
"A task, you say? It seems a journey to me. You have a destination, although you know not its location. I will join you on your journey and see where we go."
Image Veszquiri Arkenmtor - Drow Transmuter 1

User avatar
rednetra
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 4026
Joined: Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm
Location: New jearsy
Contact:

Re: Beginning

Post by rednetra » Thu May 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Let us continue our task now. Welcome Sir it will be a great pleasure too have your help.

User avatar
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Lander, Wyoming

Re: Beginning

Post by DarkCade » Fri May 08, 2009 12:12 pm

After you all are introduced you contiue you're journey. About two days passes without any further incident then you arrive to the next town named Brazia, this town is fairly simple and seems small compared to the capital city. There is a fair mix of elves and dwarves actually living together which is odd but alright. Derik looked at everyone. "Let's stay here for the night tomorrow we should hit the mountain and hopefully find what we are looking for." Derik said hoping he was right. (OOC: I'm loading up everyone's character in the characters section of the forum, I have updated xp and level, the rest is up to you. If you would update what is needed and submit it back) You all find an inn, not as fancy as the black Pearl but the people are very accomidating and nice.

Tags (Do shopping etc)

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} The Dragontooth Chronichles [ENDED]”