TOS+ Newsletter February 2016

This section holds copies of the Newsletters sent were published!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

TOS+ Newsletter February 2016

Post by admin »

D&D Next (5th Edition) NEWS!!
Wizards of the coast have published the SRD (System Reference Document) for the 5th edition of D&D (also known as D&D Next). They also included the OGL (open gaming license), which means that it is now legal for 3rd party creators (like me) to make stuff for the 5th edition!

So I have started work on creating a 'TOS-FIVE' version of the sheet but it will take me a lot of work to create this new sheet.I need your help, both financially and to test out the alpha/beta version of this new tools (as they become available). Please contribute toward this effort.

TOS+ v5 vs Mac Excel 2016
Mac Excel 2016 users have been reporting problems with TOS+. After some testing (thanks Guy!) it would appear that this new version of Mac Excel is not as compatible as one would expect... Until such a time as Microsoft fixes their compatibility issues, the Sheet will not run correctly on that version of Excel. I strongly suggest keeping your older (and more compatible) Mac Excel 2011 to run the Sheet.

TOS Kingdoms!
User thephilosopherstone has continued working on his Kingdom tool: In the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path series (#31-36) we were introduced to new rules for running both cities & kingdoms. These rules were then brought into the main stream with the release of the Ultimate Campaign rulebook by Paizo. TOS Kingdoms has been designed to allow you to easily run a campaign using these new rules.. For more details, check here!

Star Citizen: Quick update!
Until Feb. 8th, you can try out Star Citizen for free!

A video called From Pupil to Planet was released to showcase the work they are doing on the game. It is all in-game footage.. and quite nice!
Funds raised: $107,482,27
Citizens: 1,252,113
Use my referral code (STAR-22DB-CCFP) if you decide to support this amazing game!

Happy Gaming!
thephilosopherstone
Soldier
Soldier

Re: PENDING!

Post by thephilosopherstone »

Admin Note: (Click here to visit the TOS Kingdoms section)
TOS Kingdoms!
In the Pathfinder Kingmaker Adventure Path series (#31-36) we were introduced to new rules for running both cities & kingdoms. These rules were then brought into the main stream with the release of the Ultimate Campaign rulebook by Paizo. TOS Kingdoms has been designed to allow you to easily run a campaign using these new rules.

Create active campaign maps
- With the campaign map sheet you can quickly create hexagonal maps of any style or scale using an image file of your current campaign map.
- Quickly set hex terrain values by selecting multiple hexes and using a keyboard hotkey.
- Add encounter icons to the map with a few more clicks.
- Hide areas of the map that haven’t been explored or view the whole map by selecting from the various options available for use during play sessions.

Create active city maps
- With a few clicks you can create complex city maps that include all of the proper stats from the rule book.
- Create & save an almost unlimited number of cities

Load your TOS+ characters directly
- Someone needs to run your cities & kingdoms… you can load your characters directly from the saved .tos file.
- Load images of your characters to add flavor to gameplay.
- Create characters from scratch for use within TOS Kingdoms, useful for filling some of the government positions not covered by your character party.

Run a Kingdom
- Follow the standard kingdom turn from the rules including the Upkeep, Edict, Income, & Event phases
- All events from the rules have been preloaded for quick reference
- Includes the optional trade edict rules
- Roll buttons are provided for each roll required. You can choose how these are randomized.
- Create & save an almost unlimited number of kingdoms

The first full release of TOS kingdoms includes the map & encounters from the first module from the Kingmaker series – The Stolen Lands. I hope you enjoy using this new tool.

The Philosopher Stone
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: TOS+ Newsletter February 2016

Post by admin »

Sent today!

admin

Return to “The Scrolls [Newsletter Archives]”