TOS Newsletter May 20th, 2009

This section holds copies of the Newsletters sent were published!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

TOS Newsletter May 20th, 2009

Post by admin »

TOS+ v2.500 Released!
This new update of TOS+, available here, gives users the ability to apply Templates to their Character! Incorporating the core Templates, this update also allows for the creation of customized Templates, which users will be able to share on the Forum, in the new The Alchemist's Vat [TOS+ Templates] section! As a demonstration of a custom Template, I created the Albino Template, which can be found here.

Redesigned Homepage
After much work, I've completely redesigned the home page of the Sheet! Hopefully, I was successful in making it more user friendly, and easy to navigate! If you see any typos on it, do let me know, thanks!

Bastion of Unborn Souls [TOS+ Characters]
A new section was created on the Forum - here is Shai-hulud's explanation for this section!
shai-hulud wrote:As many of you know, I have very little time to run games these days. But, I love creating new characters. These forums have plenty of resources available to players, but DMs have fewer. How about a game that is purely character creation? Once a month, a base class will be chosen as the "base" for a character. It is the first level. Players must make a character with that class as the character's first level. Guidelines are set. Perhaps it is for 1st level characters, making it quite easy. With the books available, players are challenged to create the most interesting character they can with that first level. These characters can then be archived. Mostly, I think 20th level characters would be requested with build guides to describe the level-by-level progressions. This would enable a DM to take the concept and make NPCs of pretty much any level out of these characters! PCs who are looking for ideas can see the build guides available! Not only that, but the builds would be pre-programmed for players! They could just download a character, change the base stats around, and voila! Their character is essentially created already!
You can find the Bastion of Unborn Souls [TOS+ Characters] here

PbP DMs and Players rejoice!
Starting on June 1st 2009, DM of PbP on the Forum will see their remaining subscription time 'frozen'!! Furthermore, they will be accumulating 'Reward Months' which they will be able to give to a deserving player!
Check this link for more details.

Happy Gaming!
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Re: TOS Newsletter May 20th, 2009

Post by klakxor »

When did the new homepage design go into effect. It looks awesome
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

klakxor wrote:When did the new homepage design go into effect. It looks awesome
A couple of hours ago :D
THANKS!! Please let me know of any bugs/typos! (I still have much to add, but all the "critical" stuff should be there already)
scantrontb
scantrontb
scantrontb

Post by scantrontb »

there is no way to go to the home page of the website from the forum's unless i delete everything but the www . theonlysheet . com. I'm not sure if this has been disabled or not as i usually never use it (i have it bookmarked)... but i seem to remember that one time the picture in the upper left corner of the forums pages used to go to the main site homepage... but it doesn't anymore, it is just a recycle back to the forum's index page.

i'm running under win xp / firefox, and using the only board style available (prosilver).

Return to “The Scrolls [Newsletter Archives]”