TOS+ Newsletter August 16th 2009

This section holds copies of the Newsletters sent were published!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

TOS+ Newsletter August 16th 2009

Post by admin »

Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook now available!
A YouTube video shows the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook, if you did not get a chance to get it yet!! Since there are many changes from the Beta, I have opened a new Metaconcert project to ask for your financial assistance to get TOS+ updated to this Rulebook. Active subscribers can check here for details.

The HTML Parser needs an Experienced Coder!
I need one (or more!) active subscribers to take the reins of the HTML Parser for TOS+. The original author has moved off, and this nice tool needs a new Master and Commander! Requirements are just that you are able to build an application that will read the 'raw' data of TOS+, and create an HTML file from this - of course, it could be much more than that if you have the talent and desire to make it a more powerful Tool! Any takers?

800 Downloads!
There has been over 800 Downloads for the Introduction to TOS+ Presentation! If you have not seen it yet, I invite you to check it out. It can be downloaded from the Homepage of the Sheet. Remember that this can easily be shown to a friend, to get him introduced to the Sheet.

User's average age!
Have you voted in the forum thread for User's Average Age? If not, please take a few seconds to do so! This shows a portion of user's age, who are TOS+ users!

PbP User notes in the Wiki!
Since we have a Wiki for the Sheet (which can be considered the instruction manual for TOS+), I figured we could also use it to track player known information for the Play by Post games hosted on the Forum!! Why use the Wiki instead of the Forum? Well, the main advantage of the Wiki is that ALL the players of a PbP can help contribute to the same article - as opposed to the Forum, where only the owner of a post can edit his post. This means that when an NPC is first met, or a new place discovered, then any of the players can add this information to the Wiki section of his PbP, and thus construct a knowledge base of the game, which can be consulted as needed! A DM can also use his PbP section to create a 'log' of what happened, thus giving more life to his game! At writing, 3 games have availed themselves of this ability and can be seen here.
Sunbolt
EARL
EARL

Re: TOS+ Newsletter August 16th 2009

Post by Sunbolt »

The First Campaign is just that. We're the first Play by Post that admin agreed to allow on a trial basis. My players and I were able to try out The Only Sheet - and Later, TOS+ in an actual game setting. Noting bugs and making suggestions for improvements based on how people will use the sheet - to play the game. Over the years since admin agreed, the PBP section has grown to include over 15 active games! I ran multiple games myself, and played in as many as six others at once, once... Then I took an extended leave for personal reasons. Now, I'm back and the first campaign is picking up again.
You'll find yourself seeking artifacts of various power and returning them to their owners - crawling through dungeons, making contacts with the thieves' guilds, role playing in taverns and facing fierce battles usually out of them. We have openings for a small number of level 6 characters. PM SUNBOLT with questions or requests.

Return to “The Scrolls [Newsletter Archives]”