DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

In the small town of Falcon's Hollow life is hard enough struggling under the oppressive thumb of the Lumber Consortium; a corrupt logging company muscling out any chance of competition and opposition. Even as a sickness strikes and begins to spread, the Consortium does nothing to help. When an herbalist learns the source and nature of the sickness, it takes a small group of trouble makers to find the cure.
Post Reply
User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Twiglet » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:33 am

Giving Retem a dirty look while trying to comfort Jeva It is ok you are among friends now. Where is home?
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:57 am

Twiglet wrote:Giving Retem a dirty look while trying to comfort Jeva It is ok you are among friends now. Where is home?
I don't remember. Jeva grows upset and begins to cry.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Phoenik » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:42 am

Leaning in close to Branch's ear, Look, I feel sad for this girl too, but she could be an agent for something much more sinister than these woods at their worst... whether it be against her will or not. We just need be careful.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Twiglet » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Aye you be right, my heart takes over from my head at times.
sense motive on Jera: (1d20+5=10)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone else care to try?

 

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Phoenik » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:31 pm

Perhaps we should get her to a healer in town.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:16 pm

With all this discussion, and indecision, the day has worn on. You're far too close to the monastery to turn back, and no one has clearly indicated that they'd bring the girl back. Frustrated, and unsure in what you should do, you opt to find a suitable spot to make camp. You eventually find one nearby and make camp.
OUT OF CHARACTER
What do you do now? What will you do with the girl at your camp. Who will take first watch and how many watches will be posted? Will there be three, four, one...?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:40 am

Del volunteers to take a watch in the middle of the night. He seems somewhat leery of the young girl and keeps an eye on her.

User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by DrvFst83 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:50 am

Kay then says, I will take the first watch of the night. I rather like my sleep..
Last edited by DrvFst83 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Twiglet » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:10 am

I will follow Kay if that is alright with everyone?
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Badlapje » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:00 am

I'll take last watch.
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:38 am

Ryiad, annoyed at not having made it to the monastery, simply says Wake me when it's my turn for watch.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Phoenik » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 am

I guess the new guy gets to take it easy? Alright, just wake me if anyone needs a relief watchman.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:24 am

I have to go pee, says the girl. She then walks into the brush.

Branch follows to keep an eye on her, but finds the girl missing when she gets to the brush she entered. The hairs on the back of her neck raise as she gets a sudden feeling of dread.

She's gone! With this, the group goes on full alert, but there's nothing, no sound, no indication of threat. Even when some of the group ventures out to sweep the area, there's no sign of trouble found, and no sign of the girl. Just the small paw prints that occasionally show up here and there. The girl disappeared as quickly, and easily, as she appeared.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll assume that Del and Drini remove their armor to sleep as they are wearing medium armor?

 

  1. Four Part Watch:
  2. Kay
  3. Branch
  4. Del
  5. Doran
Kay's watch goes off without a hitch and he wakes Branch for her watch. She perches herself atop a large boulder away from the fire. She's spent an hour setting little traps here and there about the camp to alarm anyone of danger, and set a few about the rock so nothing would sneak up when she took watch.

Branch is about to leave her rock to wake Del when an eerie silence sweeps through the woods. Her hackles raise and she tenses with anticipation.

The brush to the south of her rustles and a humanoid canine leaps out to attack her. 1d20+3=6, 1d4+1=2 Unfortunately for Jeva, getting onto the rock was not so easy and she misses Branch with a claw swipe.
Round Surprise
  1. initiative:
  2. Beast
  3. Delastian <---- No Action
  4. Ryiad <---- No Action
  5. Drini Polson <---- No Action
  6. Kay Argotron <---- No Action
  7. Doran <---- No Action
  8. Branch <---- Action Needed
  9. Retem Omena <---- No Action
Branch notices that the beast is wearing the same tattered dress as the girl.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Twiglet » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 am

THINKING: I had a feeling when she disappeared like that . . .
Werewolf in camp!!!
Branch whacks Jeva with her heavy flail . . . (1d20+5=12, 1d10+3=7)
OUT OF CHARACTER
which is proabably a miss but if not then I will attempt a trip.

 

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Phoenik » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Twiglet wrote:THINKING: I had a feeling when she disappeared like that . . .
Werewolf in camp!!!
Branch whacks Jeva with her heavy flail . . . (1d20+5=12, 1d10+3=7)
OUT OF CHARACTER
which is proabably a miss but if not then I will attempt a trip.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Do we hear this or hit the snooze? In some cases she is 50ft away... plus we're asleep. So... I ono how that would work

 

Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Twiglet » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Red UPPER case is a yell.

 

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Elara's Halfway House

Post by Phoenik » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:20 am

Twiglet wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Red UPPER case is a yell.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I know twigy, but I just wanted to make sure.

 

If Retem can hear the cry for help, he'll get up and search for his closest weapon... hopefully his short sword.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:27 am

Round Surprise
Twiglet wrote:THINKING: I had a feeling when she disappeared like that . . .
Werewolf in camp!!!
Branch whacks Jeva with her heavy flail . . . (1d20+5=12, 1d10+3=7)
OUT OF CHARACTER
which is proabably a miss but if not then I will attempt a trip.

 

Branch, alert and quick on her feet, reacts to the attack, recognizing the threat right away, by yelling out to her companions for aid. She faces the creature and attacks, but misses as being on the rock leaves her unsteady.

Round 1
  1. initiative:
  2. Beast
  3. Delastian <---- Perception Check
  4. Ryiad <---- Perception Check
  5. Drini Polson <---- Perception Check
  6. Kay Argotron <---- Perception Check
  7. Doran <---- Perception Check
  8. Branch <---- At Bat
  9. Retem Omena <---- Perception Check
Jeva attack Branch Full Claw/Claw/Bite Attack/Damage vs Branch (1d20+3=16, 1d4+1=4, 1d20+3=7, 1d4+1=3, 1d20-1=8, 1d6=1), but finds her footing is off as well on this rock as she completely misses.
OUT OF CHARACTER
For everyone sleeping, Perception is rolled as follows:
Ryiad, Del DC 13
Drini DC 14
Kay, Doran DC 15
Retem DC 16

If you wake, you need to react to the situation and get your weapon(s) and/or stand as one or two move action(s). You Cannot Attack this round.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:36 am

Perception (1d20+10=23)

Ryiad is startled awake, and jumps up grabbing his rapier as a reaction. He sees the werewolf, UP, Everybody UP!! He yells and runs to J5.


OUT OF CHARACTER
Move to stand, Move 30' to J5, Draw Rapier as part of move.

 

Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:33 pm

Del continues snoring away...
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+3=10

 


User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by DrvFst83 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Perception Roll to wake up. (1d20+9=13) Guess not.

 

Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Badlapje » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Doran mutters It's not time for my watch yet., then turns around on his other side and sleeps. THINKING: Ooooh, now aren't you a fine lass!

1d20+6=10
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Twiglet » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:30 pm

Branch swings again and attempts trip (1d20+5=8, 1d10+3=9)
Awake awake a werewolf in camp!!!
OUT OF CHARACTER
If I can't hit I may as well make some noise.

 

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Badlapje » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:44 am

THINKING: That's odd, why is she yelling ... maybe i should go to another inn
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Phoenik » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:53 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm assuming I've already been accounted for as awake and trying to grab a weapon.

 

Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:49 pm

Phoenik wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm assuming I've already been accounted for as awake and trying to grab a weapon.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
My post is pretty clear to me as what is needed from everyone. I will validate Sunday night or Monday morning.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Phoenik » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
Phoenik wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm assuming I've already been accounted for as awake and trying to grab a weapon.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
My post is pretty clear to me as what is needed from everyone. I will validate Sunday night or Monday morning.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
It was clear, but I wanted to clarify. I had posted the following:

 

Phoenik wrote:If Retem can hear the cry for help, he'll get up and search for his closest weapon... hopefully his short sword.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Which you then followed with a perception roll.... just wanted to make sure you remembered.

 

Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:34 am

Phoenik wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
Phoenik wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm assuming I've already been accounted for as awake and trying to grab a weapon.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
My post is pretty clear to me as what is needed from everyone. I will validate Sunday night or Monday morning.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
It was clear, but I wanted to clarify. I had posted the following:

 

Phoenik wrote:If Retem can hear the cry for help, he'll get up and search for his closest weapon... hopefully his short sword.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Which you then followed with a perception roll.... just wanted to make sure you remembered.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I saw that post. What are you expecting me to assume? My post is quite clear that I'm looking for a perception check, not that I'm assuming anything. You even tell me my post was clear, so I know you know what I'm expecting from you, which is nothing near me assuming anything. If your post was meaning that you wanted me to make the roll for you, that is just not clear to me. I will validate tonight or tomorrow morning.

I hope this clears this up beyond any further unnecessary OOC dialog.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Phoenik » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:12 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
ok, so then the perception roll you made for me was not successful? (it was 16 when you rolled)

 

Perception check (1d20+8=16)
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: The Rescue Begins; Camping Out

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Phoenik wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
ok, so then the perception roll you made for me was not successful? (it was 16 when you rolled)

 

Perception check (1d20+8=16)
OUT OF CHARACTER
I don't recall my making this roll for you and am unable to find it on IC, but thank you for making the roll I was asking for. Just waiting on Drini now.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Duni's World Bazaar {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”