DWB: Return to the Monastery

In the small town of Falcon's Hollow life is hard enough struggling under the oppressive thumb of the Lumber Consortium; a corrupt logging company muscling out any chance of competition and opposition. Even as a sickness strikes and begins to spread, the Consortium does nothing to help. When an herbalist learns the source and nature of the sickness, it takes a small group of trouble makers to find the cure.
Post Reply
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:14 am

Jeva is in human form now, and some of you can't help to feel sorry for the poor young girl. You sling her over the back of one of the horses and break camp. By late morning you're back at the Monastery again and tie up your horses in the court yard.

So, what do we do with her? says Branch. Are we just going to carry her with us the whole time?
Remembering the prison, Del and Drini and Ryiad smile to each other. There's a place in here secure enough to hold her, even if we take too long to return. The three of them bring her to the prison area and close her in.

With Jeva taken care of, you get to the room that the worg made his den from. The stench of wet dog and rotting dog combined make passing through nearly unbearable. You're not at the stairs. Because of the midnight fight, you have not been able to recover from any injuries, but you do have potions on you.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Drini and Branch are both down 5 hp.
I'd like a rough marching order for descending the stairs and a default of who would take front position, middle position, and rear guard.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 pm

I'll take point and look for traps, or anything suspcious. Try to be quiet... Ryiad will take point and search for traps.

Perception, Stealth (1d20+10=21, 1d20+9=13)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:19 pm

tdsprouse wrote:I'll take point and look for traps, or anything suspcious. Try to be quiet... Ryiad will take point and search for traps.

Perception, Stealth (1d20+10=21, 1d20+9=13)
Before Ryiad begins his descent, he hears below the sounds of something being dragged, like stone across the floor. He can also hear something like little barks, almost like a small dag, but not quite.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Who will be carrying light?

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
With low-light vision can Ryiad make out anything at or beyond the base of the stairs?

 

Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:58 pm

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
With low-light vision can Ryiad make out anything at or beyond the base of the stairs?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
No. Whatever it is, it's beyond line of sight from the stairs and there's not enough illumination extending into the room below for low-light to have any advantage.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Del offers to be the first through any doors and follow behind Ryiad. He will offer to carry a torch if needed and one is handed to him.

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Twiglet » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:27 pm

I will take trail (last in order) with an arrow knocked and a sharp eye to the sides and rear.
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Benji » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:48 pm

Keeping quiet, Drini will step into place behind Del and Ryiad.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:34 pm

Sounds like a small dog, and maybe something being dragged., Ryiad says quietly before making his way slowing down the stairs.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Badlapje » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Hm, i had some IT problems so if it's to late please do let me know. But if possible Doran uses his wand of cure light wounds once on Drini and once on Branch (1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=9). Also, while he did not get a good night's rest, he only used one lvl 1 spell the day before so he still has 4 + his cantrips.

 

Before we go down, would it be of benefit if i made some light to illuminate the dark?
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:55 pm

Badlapje wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Hm, i had some IT problems so if it's to late please do let me know. But if possible Doran uses his wand of cure light wounds once on Drini and once on Branch (1d8+1=5, 1d8+1=9). Also, while he did not get a good night's rest, he only used one lvl 1 spell the day before so he still has 4 + his cantrips.

 

Before we go down, would it be of benefit if i made some light to illuminate the dark?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Healing will be dually noted. Waiting on Ryiad for confirmation on whether he wishes to try stealthing down the stairs with illumination, or go down to see if he can get a better view of what's there before any light is cast.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:58 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry, didnt realize.

 

Wait here at the top. Let me see if i can get a better view from the bottom of the stairs before we bring light all the way down
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:16 pm

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
sorry, didnt realize.

 

Wait here at the top. Let me see if i can get a better view from the bottom of the stairs before we bring light all the way down
The stairway opens into a large rectangular chamber. The stone walls of this area are covered with intricate carvings of dwarves toiling in mines or smithies. In the center of the chamber stands the bottom half of a broken obsidian obelisk. Crude picks, hammers, and other tools lie scattered around the chamber.
To Ryiad's east radiates a soft warming glow like from a fire, forward he sees the corridor leads to an intersection with a room beyond and to his right, six reptilian type humanoid creatures, two dragging a chunk of dark stone matching that of the statue broken and four seeming as guard. For as far as Ryiad can tell, he was not noticed. He returns back to his companions to relay what he saw.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by DrvFst83 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:35 pm

Kay follow Ryiad, Del and Drini. As a precaution he arms himself with his shortbow.
Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:58 pm

1, 2, 3, get 'em? I'm going back down, i'll charge them first, you all get ready to follow me.

stealth (1d20+9=28)


Quietly back down the stairs, wait a tick, then move to attack the nearest enemy.

Attack w/ Sneak Attack (1d20+5=16, 1d6+3+1d6=9)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Badlapje
BARON
BARON
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:56 am
Location: Belgium

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Badlapje » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:42 pm

While Ryiad goes to recon Doran casts Mage Armor on himself. Once he hears the report and Ryiad goes down he then sneaks after Ryiad (1d20+10=17) armed with his light crosbow taking a shot at one of the four "guards" (Roll to hit: 1d20+6=19, damage (forgot): 1d6=5)
“A player is never late, Dave. Nor is he early. He arrives precisly when the plot dictates he should.”

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Benji » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:55 pm

Drini will wait until he hears battle before rushing down the stairs and engaging the closest kobold.
OUT OF CHARACTER
That will probably end up being a double move for him so he can't do an attack this round.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:30 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Three more actions needed.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Twiglet » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:37 pm

Branch continues to take trail position on stairs, following the party down.
Branch's stealth check if needed (1d20+7=24)
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:59 am

Del readies a javelin as he moves down the stairs, trying to stay quiet.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20-2=6

 

Once he reaches the bottom he throws his javelin at one of the further kobolds.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=7, 1d6+4=6

 


Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Phoenik » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:44 am

Retem will stand with Drini, shortsword at the ready, waiting for the signal to enter battle.
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

  1. Round 0 (Surprise Round)
  2. Drini Polson
  3. Kay Argotron
  4. Ryiad
  5. Doran
  6. Delastian
  7. Retem Omena
  8. Branch
  9. Little Lizards
Benji wrote:Drini will wait until he hears battle before rushing down the stairs and engaging the closest kobold.
OUT OF CHARACTER
That will probably end up being a double move for him so he can't do an attack this round.

 

Drini delays reading to go downstairs once his more stealthy companions get down stairs to surprise the creatures.
DrvFst83 wrote:Kay follow Ryiad, Del and Drini. As a precaution he arms himself with his shortbow.
Kay waits on Ryiad's attack and will descend with Drini.
tdsprouse wrote:1, 2, 3, get 'em? I'm going back down, i'll charge them first, you all get ready to follow me.

stealth (1d20+9=28)


Quietly back down the stairs, wait a tick, then move to attack the nearest enemy.

Attack w/ Sneak Attack (1d20+5=16, 1d6+3+1d6=9)
Ryiad descends once more without being noticed and readies his attack so others can join him if they choose.
Badlapje wrote:While Ryiad goes to recon Doran casts Mage Armor on himself. Once he hears the report and Ryiad goes down he then sneaks after Ryiad (1d20+10=17) armed with his light crossbow taking a shot at one of the four "guards" (Roll to hit: 1d20+6=19, damage (forgot): 1d6=5)
With his spell adding to his protection, Doran follows Ryiad down, successfully being quiet, and readies to fire at a lizard when Ryiad goes to attack.
marine7312000 wrote:Del readies a javelin as he moves down the stairs, trying to stay quiet.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20-2=6

 

Once he reaches the bottom he throws his javelin at one of the further kobolds.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=7, 1d6+4=6

 

Del attempts to sneak down with Ryiad and Doran holding his javelin in hand but a misstep on the stairs causes him to slip a few steps. One of the lizard creatures looks back to the sound and sees the three of you descending.
Phoenik wrote:Retem will stand with Drini, shortsword at the ready, waiting for the signal to enter battle.
Retem holds at the top of the stairs with Drini and Kay.
Twiglet wrote:Branch continues to take trail position on stairs, following the party down.
Branch's stealth check if needed (1d20+7=24)
Branch descends with Ryiad, Doran, and Del, catching Del before he can fall completely down the stairs.

Ryiad leaps out at the creatures and slices open the chest of K2 dropping it to the floor. (K2, Unconscious, Dying, -1/8)
Doran then fires a bolt at K3 and hits it in the torso. (K3, 3/8)
Del tries throwing his javelin at K1, the one who looked to the sound Del made, but the javelin misses and skips on the floor and off the wall.
The sound of activity then brings Drini, Kay, and Retem down the stairs.
K1 does the only thing it can do, which is throw the spear it holds in its "hands". Thrown Attack/Damage vs Ryiad. (1d20+1=7, 1d6-1=5) Just as with Del, K1's spear skips across the floor and under Ryiad's feet as he hops over it.
  1. Round 1
  2. Ryiad <--- At Bat
  3. Doran <--- At Bat
  4. Delastian <--- At Bat
  5. Branch <--- At Bat
  6. Drini Polson <--- At Bat
  7. Kay Argotron <--- At Bat
  8. Retem Omena <--- At Bat
  9. Little Lizards <--- At Bat
OUT OF CHARACTER
You think you may know what these creatures are by what others have mentioned in town. To know for sure, I need knowledge local checks or Int checks. DC for this is 10. Never mind. I'll allow you to take 10 on this and that allows Ryiad with confidence to know these are kobolds. Ryiad can relay this to you in combat. Four of them, K1-3 and 6, are warriors and K4 and 5 seem to be servants or slaves. DC15.

 

  • Conditions/Effects:
    • K2, Unconscious, Dying, -1/8
    • K3, 3/8
    • Doran, Mage Armor, 2 hours. -1 round,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Benji » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

Drini will charge to BD18, attacking K1 with all of his might.

Attack;Damage (Power Attack 2) (1d20+6=8, 1d6+6=7)

*sigh*
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

AH, Kobolds!

Ryaid 5' steps to BE 17 and attacks K3, swinging hard, but missing.


Attack, Damage (1d20+5=7, 1d6+3=9)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 259
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Twiglet » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:32 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Branch shoots atK1:

 

Branch shoots K1 (1d20+9=25, 1d8+3=6)
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin
Image

User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by DrvFst83 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:55 pm

Kay makes his way over to BG16, draws back an arrow and takes a shot at K6.
Shortbow attack on K6 (1d20+6=14, 1d6=5)
Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:07 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Three more actions and I can validate.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:43 am

Del moves to BD 18 and attacks K1 with his sword held in two hands.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+6=23, 1d10+6=14

 


Phoenik
BARON
BARON
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:14 am
Location: California, USA

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Phoenik » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:41 am

Retem will try and run wide (BE20) once clear of the "pedestrian blockage"
Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: DWB: Return to the Monastery

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:48 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Doran.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Duni's World Bazaar {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”