[DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

In the small town of Falcon's Hollow life is hard enough struggling under the oppressive thumb of the Lumber Consortium; a corrupt logging company muscling out any chance of competition and opposition. Even as a sickness strikes and begins to spread, the Consortium does nothing to help. When an herbalist learns the source and nature of the sickness, it takes a small group of trouble makers to find the cure.
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Fri May 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Round 2:
  1. Ryiad <--- Full Action
  2. Azla Atatalka <--- Full Action
  3. Scorpius Black <--- Full Action
  4. Delastian <--- Full Action
  5. Kay Argotron <--- Full Action
  6. Drini Polson <--- Full Action
  7. Kobolds <--- Full Action
  8. Gargoyle <--- Full Action
Ryiad adjusts his position to take advantage of his talents by assuming flanking position opposite Scorpius and thrusts at the gargoyle with his rapier only to miss the creature as it continues to move to and fro as if sparring. Azla drinks an infusion and a moment later a shimmering shield of force appears before him. He draws his battleaxe as he steps around Del to help corner the beast against a wall. Scorpius yells in surprise at the new attacker and drops his bow, instead drawing his short sword and dagger to accommodate for the suddenly close quarters combat. He attempts to use his companions flanking position to make a telling blow on the creature with his short sword. His strike, though it hits, seems to cause no harm to it. Delastian grips his sword in both hands and unleashes a blow at the creature. There's a thud as the bastard sword cuts into its hard flesh, but only leaves a minor wound. Kay quickly turns towards the new foe and without hesitation or much investigation draws back another arrow and lets fly at the gargoyle only to watch as the arrow hits and deflects from its shoulder. He fails to notice why the arrow skipped off it. Drini advances forward to be beside Ryiad and further trap in the creature in swinging his masterwork handaxe at it with the same effort as he would anything else. While he does hit though, his strike also fails to impact the creature.
Each of the kobold, in their own want to rid this creature, draw bows and loose a volley at the gargoyle. Even surrounded, each kobold manages to hit it's target, but each arrow harmlessly bounces off causing those surrounding it to dodge.
The Gargoyle glares Del, who was the only one to harm it, and lashes out with claws, teeth, and horns, but in his trusty armor, the creature only manages to get in with a gore attack, though the horn inflicts it's best damage.
(Gargoyle, 4 Damage; Delastian, 6 Damage)
Round 3:
  1. Ryiad <--- Full Action
  2. Azla Atatalka <--- Full Action
  3. Scorpius Black <--- Full Action
  4. Delastian <--- Full Action
  5. Kay Argotron <--- Full Action
  6. Drini Polson <--- Full Action
  7. Kobolds <--- Full Action
  8. Gargoyle <--- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
Did I miss something, or do we really have only one character with a magical weapon?[list]Magic Attacks:[*]Azla, Battleaxe[/list][list]Party:[list][*]Kay, 43/48[*]Ryiad, 15/33[*]Del, 34/44[*]Azla, 24/39[*]Scorpius, 18/23[*]Del, 26/52[/list]Children:[list][*]Jurin, 3/6[/list][list]Foe:[*]Gargoyle, 4 Damage[*]Dire Bat, Dead[/list][/list]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Please use the AE tags to show you're active effects and durations. This will help me keep track of who has what active.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tenaveran
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tenaveran » Fri May 20, 2011 6:26 pm

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Shield Spell +4 Defl. AC, 4 Min.
Azla hefts his axe in one hand and reaches into a pocket pulling out a small vial of blazing orange fluid. He drinks drinks it in several long gulps and begins to grimace and groan as his muscles ripple and bulge. Before your eyes his already wiry figure becomes enormous and he shouts, [yell]"Yyyyyyes! Now it's time to crunch some stone!"[/yell]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Azla imbibes a Strength Mutagen for his standard action. After that is complete, he will have the following AE

 

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Str Mutagen - +4 Str, +2 Nat. Armor, -2 Int., 40 Min.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Hopefully I'm using these tags correctly.

 

Tenaveran

Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Benji » Fri May 20, 2011 6:34 pm

Growling at his axe in disbelief, Rend throws caution to the wind and grips it in both hand, using all his strength to break the opponent.

Power Attack;Damage (1d20+9=19, 1d6+11=17)
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 25, 2011 6:26 pm

[ooc]I have posts from Azla and Drini (Rend). I'm waiting on the rest.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by marine7312000 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:18 pm

Del aims another powerful blow at the creature after studying it with his detect evil ability. [ooc]1d20+8=19, 1d10+6=9 22 attack, 13 damage if the creature is evil.[/ooc]

User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by DrvFst83 » Thu May 26, 2011 2:52 am

Kay decides to let another arrow fly.
Ranged attack on Enemy. (1d20+8=14, 1d6=1)

But Kay is still befuddled as to what he's shooting at, INT Check (1d20+1=4)

[ooc]The dice have gone cold, oh so cold. lol[/ooc]
Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tdsprouse » Thu May 26, 2011 8:23 am

Ryiad stabs at the creature again, without much effect.


atk w/ flank & SA (1d20+8+2=15, 1d6+3+2d6=8)
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by The Hunter » Thu May 26, 2011 8:27 am

Scorpius lashed out with both his short swords, unable to discern that he wasn't doing much good with his feeble blades against the creatures rocky hide.

Shortsword (Main Hand) melee vs. Gargoyle (1d20+8=12, 1d6+1=3, 2d6=9)

Shortsword (Off-hand) melee vs Gargoyle (1d20+8=21, 1d6=2, 2d6=9)

Int Check (1d20+3=8)
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:39 pm

Round 3:
  1. Ryiad <--- Full Action
  2. Azla Atatalka <--- Full Action
  3. Scorpius Black <--- Full Action
  4. Delastian <--- Full Action
  5. Kay Argotron <--- Full Action
  6. Drini Polson <--- Full Action
  7. Kobolds <--- Full Action
  8. Gargoyle <--- Full Action
Ryiad stabs at the creature again, without much effect. Azla hefts his axe in one hand and reaches into a pocket pulling out a small vial of blazing orange fluid. He drinks drinks it in several long gulps and begins to grimace and groan as his muscles ripple and bulge. As Azla drinks down his potion, the gargoyle swipes at his with a claw and tears into the arm holding the mutagen to his mouth. Before your eyes his already wiry figure becomes enormous and he shouts, [yell]"Yyyyyyes! Now it's time to crunch some stone!"[/yell] Scorpius lashed out with both his short swords, unable to discern that he wasn't doing much good with his feeble blades against the creatures rocky hide. Del aims another powerful blow at the creature after studying it with his detect evil ability. Del's attack hits and though it does not do full damage, the damage he does do is more than nothing. Kay decides to let another arrow fly, but it just bounces off the toughened hide. Kay is still befuddled as to what he's shooting at. Growling at his axe in disbelief, Rend throws caution to the wind and grips it in both hand, using all his strength to break the opponent. With all his power focused on this one assault, Rend cleaves into the beast, ending up the only one to cause the greatest of it's wounds. Each of the Kobolds hurl another volley of stones at the stone thing. The gargoyle is pelted by stones, but they only seem to be a momentary distraction. The gargoyle turns to face the one who caused it the greatest harm and unleashes a torrent of attacks on Drini. In all, Drini only takes hits from one claw swiping past his shoulder and a horn to his cheek. The Kobold shaman shouts out to everyone, [yell]No Fight! No Fight! Run past! To Tough. It not be killed! No Fight! RUN!!![/yell]
(Azla, 3 Damage; Gargoyle, 3+7 Damage; Drini, 12 Damage)
[ooc]Reading through the entry for mutagen, I'm finding nothing regarding drinking it while threatened, but I'm going to assume the same rules apply as drinking a potion, hence the Gargoyle attacks.

The Hunter, Please combine both attacks in one roll. Example: Full Attack Primary/Secondary 1d20+8;1d6+3;2d6;1d20+2;1d6+2;2d6[/ooc]
Round 4:
  1. Ryiad <--- Full Action
  2. Azla Atatalka <--- Full Action
  3. Scorpius Black <--- Full Action
  4. Delastian <--- Full Action
  5. Kay Argotron <--- Full Action
  6. Drini Polson <--- Full Action
  7. Kobolds <--- Full Action
  8. Gargoyle <--- Full Action
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Magic Attacks:[*]Azla, Battleaxe[/list][list]Party:[list][*]Kay, 43/48[*]Ryiad, 15/33[*]Del, 34/44[*]Azla, 21/39[list][*]Shield Spell +4 Deflection AC, 39 Rnds.[*]Str Mutagen - +4 Str, +2 Nat. Armor, -2 Int., 399 Rnds.[/list][*]Scorpius, 18/23[*]Drini, 14/52[/list]Children:[list][*]Jurin, 3/6[/list][list]Foe:[*]Gargoyle, 14 Damage[*]Dire Bat, Dead[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Benji » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:57 pm

Choosing to ignore the Shaman's words for now, Drini strikes again.

Power Attack;Damage (1d20+9=15, 1d6+11=16)
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:01 am

[talk]Lets go, he's right, we dont have the time or resources to win this fight right now.[/talk]

Ryiad withdraws through the hallway, hoping the creature wont follow them.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
DrvFst83
Templar
Templar
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by DrvFst83 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:16 am

Kay heeds the words of the Shaman and follows Ryiad.
Image Kay Argotron - Half-Elf Ranger

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1634
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:39 pm

Del unleashes another powerful blow against the creature as his companions start to withdraw, hoping to hold its attention. [ooc]1d20+8=21, 1d10+6=15[/ooc]

User avatar
The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Location: Butler, Missouri, USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by The Hunter » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 am

Scorpius, having dropped his backpack at the beginning of the fight and not wanting to ditch his supplies in flight takes a 5 ft. step back from the creature and picks up his pack, preparing to flee with the rest of his group.
Image
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:52 am

[ooc]Pending an action from Azla. PM sent to player.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tenaveran
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tenaveran » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:30 pm

[yell]Go! I will cover rear![/yell]
Azla takes a five foot step to AW-26 and takes a mighty swing with his axe.
[ooc]+1 Battleaxe (1d20+9=26, 1d8+6=9)[/ooc]
Tenaveran

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

[ooc]I'm sorry. I'm having a hard time finding the time to post.I don't know what to do. If you wish to continue this, then I need time to get things in order on my end, which means putting this on hold a while. There are two other options. I step down as DM and someone else take over, or I put this to the cemetery permanently. I don't want to end this though, so the third option is a hard one to make.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1948
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:21 pm

[ooc]Similar to the other one, but unfortunately i am less attached to this game at this point and was likely to bow out when returning to town.[/ooc]
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
tenaveran
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tenaveran » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 am

[ooc]As posted in the wrong thread (I clicked through on TDSprouse's post oops) I have no issues with putting this on hold while you get done what you need done.[/ooc]
Tenaveran

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6926
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 pm

[ooc]Getting done what I need to get done is having a job that gives me trouble finding time to update on the forum. Unfortunately, and nothing personal, you're a great group of players, I'd rather have a job that takes me away from here than not have a job and all the time I need for this. At least my search for work paid off.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tenaveran
Horseman
Horseman
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:50 pm
Location: USA

Re: [DWB] Return to the Monestary - Kobold Warren

Post by tenaveran » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:18 pm

[ooc]Absolutely. Life > Game.[/ooc]
Tenaveran

Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Duni's World Bazaar {Pathfinder} [FULL][ON HOLD]”