Pbp Pathfinder [FULL]

Moderator: Duniagdra

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Pbp Pathfinder [FULL]

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:24 pm

I was curious if there was any interest in a Pathfinder Campaign specifically the Rise of the Runelords. I'd like to use this campaign to try out the revised Pathfinder RPG but I do realize that it isn't supported by TOS+ in it's current form. The campaign would be limited to core only classes, preferably those revised by the most recent Pathfinder RPG update which can be found here http://paizo.com/pathfinder/pathfinderRPG This link http://paizo.com/pathfinder/v5748btpy7xpx provides a good backgound for the campaign and there is a link on that page for a free download of the product. I am willing to delay the start of this campaign until after the Alpha Release has been updated to include all of the base classes, if people are interested in playing those. Post your interest here. Be advised that characters will begin at 1st level and stats will be generated via point buy with 28 points. I'm hoping to get around 4-6 characters.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Pbp Pathfinder

Post by patransom » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:59 pm

I'd be interested in testing the Pathfinder rules. I think it would also be a good test of how much customization would be required to implement those rules in TOS+. I think most (but not all) of the rule changes can actually be supported with a little (or a lot of) customization: custom classes, custom skills, custom feats, custom spells, etc.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:00 pm

I'm curious as well.

MonkeyAlpha
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by MonkeyAlpha » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm

like the first monkey shot into space, Space Monkey! sacrificing himself for the greater good.
Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

thus, I volunteer.
Image Leenah - Gunslinging Rogue
Image Kirre - Shifter Druid
Image Squirrely - Anthropomorphic Chimp Paladin
Image Rhaz - Shifter Scout/Warblade, Weretouched Master/Warshaper... [eaten by squid]
Image Ween - Whisper Gnome, a silent blade in the darkness and finder of lost treasures
Image Verbal - Warforged speakerbox/wiki
Image Kratos - Redeemed Divine Champion
[url=http://theonlysheet%20.com]Image[/url]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Another note about the campaign, I'm currently considering using the fast progression from the experience chart in the Pathfinder book which means that you'll be advancing fairly quickly. I'm not quite 100% on the exact rules on skills for multiclass characters so while I'd prefer not to have any, I'm by no means banning them from the game. Also I'll be awarding hit points for levels beyond the first in according to your base hit die, ie. a d8 gets 5 hit points plus con with each level. And a final note, while you're limited to the base races and classes you are by no means limited to that source in regards to spells or feats. I have an extensive collection of 3.5 books and am willing to allow use from other materials on a case by case basis. Please bear in mind however that the primary focus of this campaign, other than fun, is to test the revised rules.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sun May 04, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm also interested. Perhaps we should wait, though, until the current Metaconcert is complete (Custom skill selection)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat May 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Well as much as I'd like to get the ball rolling on this PBP game I'm not sure how long the update alluded to by Shai-halud will take to be implemented. This is by no means a jab at Richard, simply a statement of fact. Anyone still interested let me know and I'll try to work through converting the new"er" classes to the sheet but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the newest release of the alpha playtest rules is availible.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun May 25, 2008 7:56 am

marine7312000 wrote:Well as much as I'd like to get the ball rolling on this PBP game I'm not sure how long the update alluded to by Shai-halud will take to be implemented. This is by no means a jab at Richard, simply a statement of fact. Anyone still interested let me know and I'll try to work through converting the new"er" classes to the sheet but any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, the newest release of the alpha playtest rules is available.
Shai is referring to this feature for the skills...

Richard

CGM3
Divine Rank 9
Divine Rank 9

Post by CGM3 » Sun May 25, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm currently cobbling together a TOS+ custom class that reflects the Paizo Pathfinder Fighter (and will serve as a template for the other classes), and I think I can come quite close. At the moment, it's breaking down into three parts: a character "template" with the new skills and some other abilities (the revised standard feat progression and the Combat Maneuver Bonus, the standard XP advancement "off", etc), which will be standard for using "Pathfinder" classes; a class configured for the Pathfinder variant (I've made all of the standard skills still in use all "class" skills, plus the five new skills, in TOS+ terms, then added effects giving another +3 for fighter class skills, as well as included another effect to nullify the extra skill points for the character's first level, and yet another to give an additional hit point per level if the class is the character's preferred class); and the customized feats.

Hope to have something posted in a few days.
"And they shall beat their swords into plowshares, for if you hit a man with a plowshare, he's going to know he's been hit." - The Wisdom of Nodwick
"Nothing says love like two hundred feet of parachute cable and a cargo net." - Fred Jones, Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc.
"I know, the first rule of Robot Fight Club is, you don't talk about Robot Fight Club." - Jack Darby, Transformers Prime
"Always. Expect. Ninjas." - Sydney Scoville, Grrl Power
Image - Cyrius of the Sudden Blade, human soulknife
Image - Jephthryam Davian, human tinkerer

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun May 25, 2008 10:35 pm

I completed the 'design changes' which allows TOS+ to support a different list of Skills: This means that you can tell TOS+ to create a list of skills on the Front worksheet based off D&D3.5, PathFinder and I threw in D20 Modern as well... Now, I'm NOT saying the sheet supports these other system at this time, but the LIST of Skills on the FRONT worksheet does (If there is enough interest for PathFinder, I will consider a full implementation of that system) - You can also create your own customized list of skills based on the system you decided to use...

I wanted to speak to Shai tonight on Yahoo Messenger about how the PathFinder Skill system differs from the 'standard' rules, so that I could track PathFinder Skill Points correctly. Alas, he was busy and I was too tired to stay late. So this will wait a bit (I don't fully understand how the PathFinder system works - or rather, I want to make 100% sure 'how it works' before doing any more design changes of that Nature).

One question I was not sure about, is: Should the D&D3.5 Skills and the PathFinder Skills which have the same name be kept as one (i.e. There would be only ONE entry for "Diplomacy" in the Skill table) OR should each system have its own version of the skill (i.e. the D&D3.5 "Diplomacy" would be called "Diplomacy-pf" for the PathFinder version...)

For the moment,m they are the same, although all the D20 Modern Skills (except Speak Language) are tagged with a "-m" at the end to distinguish them from normal D&D3.5 Skills.

Richard

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 pm

I'd also be interested in joining this PbP, to see how TOS+ handles the pathfinder stuff directly.
Evidently, it means I have to complete the integration of the Pathfinder rules to be able to test them out: I completed the races, and I just finished the "Druid" (and the classes above it) (You can keep track of my work by checking out this thread from time to time)

I still have much to work, but I hope to have it done in a few weeks....!

Perhaps I could use this this PbP Group as the first 'testers' for this new complex update? (allowing me to pre-realease a "beta" of the TOS+P version... :)

Richard

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:10 pm

Sounds like a plan to me Richard. If everyone wants to work out some character ideas and backgrounds, I'll start going back over the adventure path. It looks like I'm going to have to do some conversions to a few of the NPCs.

AlGromHerrit
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by AlGromHerrit » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:22 pm

I am holding out a lot of hope for Pathfinder so I would like to join in on this when you get this started.
Image -- Airloosn - Pterran Cleric of Elemental Air
Image -- Dwanthor Rockhalf - Dwarf - Warlock
Image -- Therrass of the Stinging Arrows - Catfolk - Warlock

Spazz
Squire
Squire

Re: Pbp Pathfinder [FULL]

Post by Spazz » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm interested.

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”