Burnt Offerings: Festival and Fire

Moderator: Duniagdra

Locked
User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Burnt Offerings: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:35 pm

By one means or another, everyone has made their way to the port town of Sandpoint.
OUT OF CHARACTER
The specifics of your attendance are really up to you.

 

The town is preparing for the consecration of a new temple and a festival to mark the occasion is set to begin this very day. The day before the festival is your to spend how you wish. PM me with any areas you wish to visit and on Monday the adventure will begin in earnest. A map of the town is below and prominent locations in town include
1 Sandpoint Catherdral
3 The White Deer, a tavern
10 Sandpoint Garrison
11 Sandpoint Town Hall
12 Savah's Armory
13 Risa's Place, a tavern
14 Rovanky Tannery
15 Red Dog Smithy
18 Cracktooth's Tavern
22 The Curious Goblin, a tavern
23 Sandpoint Theater
26 General Store
33 The Hagfish, a tavern
35 Sandpoint Market
37 The Rusty Dragon, an adventurer friendly tavern
42 Fatman's Feedbag, a tavern
43 The Pixie's Kitten, a brothel
44 The Feathered serpent, a magic shop
45 Hannah's, a healer
If you're looking for another shop that isn't listed, there's a good chance that there's one in town.
Admin Note: CLICK on the Map below to get a no-scroll bar view!
sandpoint.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:35 am

Just a side note, being that most of the character's seem to have spent more than just a few days in town you all know some or most of the following information. If you're not from town the info is fairly easy to gain.
  • The town's mayor, Kendra Deverin, has only been mayor for a few years but the general consensus is that she's doing a good job.
  • Sheriff Belor Hemlock is the leader of the town's militia and the local tax-collector. His relationship with Kaye Tesarani, the owner of the Pixie's Kitten, is one of Sandpoint's worst kept secrets.
  • The Sandpoint Town Hall also serves as the local bank and the area is constantly patrolled by the town watch.
  • The streets of Sandpoint are not well light at night with the exception of the area known as Uptown consisting of buildings 1-12 on the map. This area is light with continual flame cast on the summit of a series of tall logs. These logs are placed on the corner of each building and next to the entrances.
More to come at a later time. I'm trying to go through the adventure and determine what exactly different people should know.

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:23 am

The morning of the reconsecration is busy. Children run between legs chasing dogs and other animals, adults are laughing and joking while enjoying the specialties from each of the various taverns around town. The food is free but the drinks are not but no one seems to mind that the ale today is double in price. About midday the town militia begins calling for everyone to gather in front of the new cathedral for the ceremony. The open area is packed with people as Mayor Deverin takes the stage to begin her speech. She welcomes everyone to the festival and makes light hearted jokes about the turnout. She is followed by Sheriff Hemlock who, in his usual calming manner, reminds everyone to be safe around the bonfires tonight and requests a moment of silence for those who lost their lives in the fire that claimed the town's previous church five years ago. Cyrdak Drokkus takes the stage after the Sheriff and his charm brings everyone's mood back to joyful as he recounts off-color stories about the long process the town went through to finance and construct the new cathedral. He invites everyone to the Sandpoint Theater (Building 23) the following evening for his new production, " The Harpy's Curse". Finally, Father Zantus steps up to give a short speech thanking everyone for coming before eclaring the Swallowtail Festival underway.

At noon, Father Zantus and his acolytes wheel a large covered wagon into the square, and after recounting the short parable of how Desna first fell to the earth and was nursed back to health by a blind child who she transformed into an immortal butterfly as a reward for her aid, they pull aside the cover, releasing the thousand children of Desna- a furious storm of a thousand swallowtail butterflies that swarm into the air in a spiraling riot of color to a great cheer from the crowd. Throughout the rest of the day, children futilely chase butterflies, never quite quick enough to catch them.

As the sun begins to set, a sharp retort , like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of two dozen conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zanthus has taken the stage again. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air. A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rise- high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human. The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear. As blood pools around its head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices

Goblins chew and goblins bite
Goblins cut and goblins fight
Stab the dog and cut the horse
Goblins eat and take by force!

Goblins race and goblins jump
Goblins slash and goblins bump
Burn the skin and mash the head
Goblins here and you be dead!

Chase the baby, catch the pup
Bonk the head to shut it up.
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed,
We're goblins! You be food!


The square that everyone is in is about 100 feet on a side. It's the square directly to the west of building 1 on the map. I'll post a combat map as soon as I have a decent mapping program.

The initiative order is as follows:
Tuckerby
Mak
Durmisht
Dregs
Goblins
Violasha
Chada
Devion

There are six goblins in square spread throughout. The nearest is 30 feet away from Tuckerby.

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13488
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:56 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="marine7312000"] I'll post a combat map as soon as I have a decent mapping program. [/quote]

This thread lists some

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Notice: Remember that when you post your actions, PLEASE include your Character's name so we start getting to know who's who!
I.e. instead of "I attack", use "your_PC's_name will attack"... Thanks!
R

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13488
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am

Get away, get away Mak shouts at the women and kids near him.

He then moves besides Tuckerby, and will attack the 1st Goblin that comes within reach (activating his Dodge each round to get AC15)

Goblin scum, get out of my town! he shouts at the invaders, trying to draw their attention to himself, hoping his lack of weapons in hand will give them the illusion of confidence.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:33 am

Tuckerby will look around for a cart, barrel or box. Anything he can find to give himself an advantage of height to see the goblins. (not as a gameplay mechanic, more of a roleplay mechanic for now)

He draws his bow and takes a shot at the nearest goblin.

Composite Longbow:
Attack: +5 to hit, +2 Favored Enemy (Goblinoid)
Damage: 1d6, +2 Favored Enemy (Goblinoid)

OUT OF CHARACTER
Tuckerby was enjoying the festival but lives on the outskirts of Sandpoint. Because it is getting darker, he was preparing to head home for the evening. Thus the reason why he is actually with his bow (protection for when he is travelling home)

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:04 pm

Dregs looks up with a shocked stare. THINKING: Goblins?!

NON-COMBATANTS TO ME! BRING THE WOUNDED AND DYING!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Terrified of the goblins, and only wanting to help stop their violence, she rushes forward and begins making fun of herself in Goblin. She tells jokes to try to calm down the mob and prevent them from killing any more of the townspeople. Or at least distract them with laughter while others regroup.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Perform: Comedy (Fascinate) (1d20+9=17) (One goblin within 90' of Chada is fascinated unless they roll a DC 15 Will save. The others may simply find her brand of comedy entertaining?

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:34 pm

In love with his Heavy Crossbow and Greatsword, Durmisht will draw his loaded crossbow and take a shot at any goblin he has a clear shot.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack, Damage = 1d20+2,1d10=[1, 2], [7]
Seems he missed.

 

If he still has good range before the goblins close in, he'll try another shot (full rnd act to load so fires next round), otherwise he will release his crossbow and draw his greatsword and rage.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Violasha had been rather intrigued by the festivities, particularly the apparent sincerity of the people on the stage. Perhaps, she thought, those in this community who choose to make themselves the center of attention actually have others best interests at heart. She finds this refreshing. With the arrival of the goblins, however, her attitude changes. She thinks to herself: THINKING: Feh, apparently the leaders of Sandpoint choose to spend their resources on a new cathedral, rather than on what they really need -- defense against goblins!

What she actually does will depend on where the goblins are when her turn comes up.

If the goblins have taken Mak's bait and advanced on him in a group, or if they are otherwise clustered together, and she can reach them in a single move, she will move right up to them and try to catch as many as possible in a violent spray of bright clashing colors that shoots from her palm in a shape somewhat similar to the many scarves she wears.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Color Spray, 15' cone, casting defensively (Spellcraft +10), DC16 will save or the goblins thus caught are unconscious, blinded, and stunned.

 

Otherwise, she speaks a few quiet words that cause the tattoos on her arms to glow briefly a faint yellow, then moves to a position directly behind Mak.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Mage Armor, raising her AC to 17

 

Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I find it amusing that all but one character posted in the first day of the game (and more then likely Pheonix512 will be posting before the end of the day) and we do not even have a map

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13488
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="klakxor"]I find it amusing that all but one character posted in the first day of the game (and more then likely Pheonix512 will be posting before the end of the day) and we do not even have a map[/quote]

I kinda sent out a PM to those who had not posted yet... to let them know the game is moving forward :D
It also helps that Contributors tend to be more active... :D

R

 


Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm sorry that I'm at work and don't look at this board until I get home. Now I'm home, I can post now.

 

Devion always has his longsword since he fights for justice for Iomedae. He will charge at the nearest goblin and fail horribly.

Charging with a longsword (1d20+5=8, 1d8+3=4)

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:57 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Slight change to the size of the map. It's only 75' on a side. The rectangular objects on the map are table laden with food and drink. The map will show your actions for the first turn.

 

Tuckerby moves back and climbs on a table, his bow in hand, and loses an arrow at goblin 4. The goblin looks down at the arrow in its chest and scrambles further under the table.
Mak moves next to Tuckerby and yells GET AWAY, GET AWAY! at the shocked villagers before shouting GOBLIN SCUM< GET OUT OF MY TOWN!
Durmisht fires his crossbow and the errant bolt whizzes by Chada's head in a narrow miss.
Dregs yells NON_COMBATANTS TO ME! BRING THE WOUNDED AND DYING! while waving his arms.
Goblin1 moves towards the nearest table and reaches up to grab an ale that he promptly upends over his mouth. Only a portion goes in, the rest pouring down over his leather armor.
Goblin 2 moves forward and begins stuffing pieces of food into the gaps in his armor and his mouth. His weapon is lying on the ground.
Goblin 3 dances in place, giggling maniacally as he swings his rusted weapon at anyone that draws close.
Goblin 4 remains hiding under the table.
Goblin 5 dashes into the square from the road.
Goblin 6 moves into the square and slashes feebly at a fleeing woman.
Violasha's arms glow yellow as she moves behind Mak.
Chada begins singing and Goblin 3 stops its dancing, simply staring at the girl.
Devion rushes forward and swings his sword at Goblin 4 but the legs of the table intercept his blow.

Top of the initiative order.
town square.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Phoenix512 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:53 pm

Devion will continue to attack Goblin 4 with his Overhand Chop attack.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Overhand Chop allows me to apply x2 STR modifier instead of x1.5 when holding weapon two-handed.

Overhand Chop attack (1d20+5=21, 1d8+4=7)

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13488
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Mak will move to the East of G2, and do an Unarmed Strke on Goblin2 (1d20+4=10, 1d6+4=9)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:22 pm

THINKING: Thrice damned Goblin bastards! I only came here to sell some ale!

Dregs wipes his hands on his apron and silently rebukes himself for not bringing weaponry and armour to this event. As one of the goblins downs a mug of the ale, Dregs' eyes go blank and a low snarl escapes from his mouth. Temporarily forgetting to help those who are injured, he instead moves forward and murmurs the words to a different spell.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Moving in front of Mak's current position and casting Bless. It should effect all of the defenders I believe.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Durmisht reloads his crossbow.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 pm

Tuckerby jumps down from the table and runs up next to the table in front of Chada. He draws back on his bow and fires another arrow, aiming at G3.

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5879
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:31 pm

Vi hops up onto the table vacated by Tuckerby. She shouts, Begone goblins, lest I call the harpies down upon thee!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Bluff +8, as Vi has no way of summoning harpies

 



She reaches into her pack, pulls out a vial of something and throws it midway between Mak and Devion.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Harpy Musk: fills a 30 foot area with the stink of harpies for 1 minute. Any Varisian goblin who enters the area must make a DC14 will save or be shaken for 1 minute. Should catch the goblins Mak and Devion are fighting, and maybe some others, depending on where they move

 

Image

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Chada casts Silent Image to create an image of G1 walking up from behind the cart and putting an arm around her, then throws her voice to make it appear the goblin is speaking. She says in goblin, This one is ok! Let's not kill this one! She hopes that her distraction will keep G3 occupied long enough that he will be killed or detained before he can harm anyone!
OUT OF CHARACTER
Disguise (look like G1); Bluff (1d20+5=17, 1d20+14=30)
The disguise check is so that the image will look like the goblin behind G3. The bluff is so that it appears that her voice is coming from that goblin. Additionally, she tries do hide the fact that she is casting a spell by making it look like more comedy, hopefully. Perhaps that is rolled into the bluff, as well.

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:14 pm

Waiting for clarification on someone's movement, then VALIDATION!

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Tuckerby moves forward and looses another arrow at Goblin 3. The arrow catches the goblin in the side of his head and it drops to the ground dead.
Mak runs forward and punches at Goblin 2 but misses. The goblin's return attack barely grazes Mak's torso. (2hp)
Durmisht reloads his crossbow.
Dregs moves and begins chanting. He shouts praise to Sarenrae and every party member is filled with her blessing. (Bless +1 att and saves)
Goblin 1 behind Tuckerby and slashes at him. His attack misses and he spins in a circle before falling on his butt, gigging.
Goblin 2 attacks Mak again but also misses.
Goblin 4 stays under the table and laughs at Devion's attempts to hit him.
Goblin 5 moves behind Goblin 3's body and begins picking through his pockets.
Goblin 6 moves up to the table and pick up a kitchen knife, he is now wielding two weapons.
Chada mumbles something under her breath while making gestures with her hands. Immediately after she finishes, a twin of Goblin 1 walks from behind one of the tables and begins speaking in Goblin. It says This one is ok! Let's not kill this one! The other goblins are slightly distracted by this especially Goblin 1.
Devion directs a powerful swing at Goblin 4 but only succeeds in embedding his sword in the table.

Top of the initiative order.
town square3.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Tuckerby takes a five foot step back and hops up on the table. He takes a shot at Goblin 5

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:31 pm

Dregs will delay his turn until somebody appears to be injured (I.e. taken ten or more damage) before moving over to them and casting Cure Light Wounds sacrificing his Divine Favour spell to do so.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6877
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:17 pm

Durmisht moves ten feet right and first his crossbow at goblin 1.

Attacking G1 with Heavy Crossbow. (1d20+2,1d10=[3, 2], [10])

Crap! is all he says.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Phoenix512 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:46 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
What kind of goblin that has an AC of 21? Can I kneel and attack the goblin that way or it's just pointless to attack that goblin?

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13488
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:48 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="marine7312000"]Mak runs forward and punches at Goblin 2 but misses. The goblin's return attack barely grazes Mak's torso. (2hp)[/quote]

Can Mak uses an Attack of Opportunity on G2 when it retrieves its weapon? (the previous validation mentionned that his weapon was "lying on the ground"

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5787
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:17 am

Chada 5' steps next to G1. She moves the image of G1's twin up next to him, as well, saying in Goblin, Look how funny she is!
OUT OF CHARACTER
If G1 is still alive, and still brandishing a weapon, Chada plans to pretend to be still performing her comedy routine. She has used a swift action to 5' step, a move action to concentrate on her silent image, and now I want her to attempt a disarm on the dagger. I'm hoping that the goblin doesn't consider her comedy to be a threat, so he will not take an attack of opportunity, even when she provokes it, but that might be asking too much :-P

So... Bluff check to throw her voice (+14)
Bluff or Perform: Comedy to make it seem like she is non-threatening (+14 or +9)
Disarm attempt (I have no clue what my CMB is... probably pretty low, since i am unarmed at the moment)
Then Bluff or Perform: Comedy to make it seem like the attempt was a mistake (part of some physical comedy) whether it was successful or not (again, +14 or +9)

I have no clue how many actions this will take. If it takes more than a standard action for what she is planning, feel free to take actions from next round, should G1 still be alive :-P

 

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1584
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:40 am

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="marine7312000"]Mak runs forward and punches at Goblin 2 but misses. The goblin's return attack barely grazes Mak's torso. (2hp)

 

Can Mak uses an Attack of Opportunity on G2 when it retrieves its weapon? (the previous validation mentionned that his weapon was "lying on the ground"[/ooc][/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sure can Richard.

 


Locked

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”