Burnt Offerings: Festival and Fire

Moderator: Duniagdra

Locked
User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5843
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:05 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Vi should be up at 2312... not that she wants to be, but she had to be there to cast the color spray over all those goblins.

 

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:14 pm

patransom wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Vi should be up at 2312... not that she wants to be, but she had to be there to cast the color spray over all those goblins.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
I'll make the change. Thanks.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Phoenix512 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:48 am

Devion will attack G3 then.

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 am

Chada steps back to 2311 and doubles over in pain. Her arms flail about and she begins making odd noises. As she overcomes whatever happened to her, in place of a gnome is a goblin bearing a wicked grin, eying the party evilly.

(DC 28 Perception check to see what just happened)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5843
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:53 am

Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:54 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="shai-hulud"](DC 28 Perception check to see what just happened)[/quote]

Should this check fails, do we roll some kind of INT check to understand what occurred?

 


User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 am

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="shai-hulud"](DC 28 Perception check to see what just happened)

 

Should this check fails, do we roll some kind of INT check to understand what occurred?[/ooc][/quote]

My guess would be that as a PC, you make your own judgment call on that one.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:07 am

shai-hulud wrote:
admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="shai-hulud"](DC 28 Perception check to see what just happened)

 

Should this check fails, do we roll some kind of INT check to understand what occurred?[/ooc]
My guess would be that as a PC, you make your own judgment call on that one.[/quote]
I think each PC would make there own perception check to even notice that Chada changed, some of you are distracted by combat if not all of you.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Tuck will take another shot at the singing Goblin.

Attack: 1d20+7 = 24 Damage: 1d6+2 = 7(+2 from favored enemy bonus)
Last edited by klakxor on Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Duniagdra"]I think each PC would make there own perception check to even notice that Chada changed, some of you are distracted by combat if not all of you.[/quote]

ok, Mak wouldn't have much time to see/understand what was happening behind him - Perceptions would automatically fail

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Dregs doesn't have any Knowledge: Local and he wouldn't really notice what's going on with with Chada (although he might attack her if he suddenly notices a goblin behind him...)

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 am

Durmisht will attack Goblin 2.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=12, 2d6+4=16

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:57 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
I updated my post with my rolls from Invisible Castle

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:01 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Initiative Order:
V = Vi
D3 = Dregs
M = Mak
G3
G5 = unconscious 0/7
G2
G4 = unconscious 0/7
G8
D1 = Durm
WC = Fem Gob
C = Chada
D2 = Devion
G6 = unconscious 0/7
T = Tuck
G0 = unconscious 1/4

Vi readies her Color Spray for when Mak gets out of AoE. She yells to him, You there! Back out of that mass of goblins! Back toward me! Vi, familiar with the denizens of the area, sees the Female Goblin and realizes by her attire she is a Warchanter (goblin bard) and believes that her singing is inspiring the other goblins to fight harder and defend better. She can also tell that the Warchanter is badly injured will near death.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Knowledge: Local check to identify the female goblin (1d20+3=20)
Image

 

Dregs readies a heal for Mak if he gets out of the crowd.
Mak, feeling the pain of these little nasty's, drives a round-house kick bring the back of his heel to the back of goblin 9's head, crushing it in, and bring his foot down all in one smooth fast motion. He then lunges forward with a straight palm thrust at goblin 10 driving what little nose it had right to its brain. It drops to the ground at the same time as his first victim. Mak moves to 2511.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Flurry of Blows (2 attacks) (1d20+2=15, 1d6+4=8, 1d20+2=16, 1d6+4=9)

 

Dregs, seeing Mak in need of help, runs over, blinded to the danger of combat, and lays a hand to Mak. A soft glow emanates from Dregs and flows to Mak and his wounds stop bleeding and then vanish, all but that one worthless papercut from a dogslicer. Dregs is now standing at 2512
OUT OF CHARACTER
Cure Light Wounds: 1d8+1=9

 

Vi then raises her hands and wiggles her fingers in a bemusing manner and a shower of lights covers Goblins 6, 3, 4, and 5. Goblin 3 waves his free hand before him fanning the glitter and sparkle away, but is otherwise unaffected. Goblins 6, 4, and 5 become enthralled but the show and soon fall to the ground unconscious.
Goblin 3 moves to 2411 and attacks Mak. The dogslicer leaves a good gash on his right thigh. (-3ph)
Goblin 2 attacks Durmisht, but misses.
Goblin 8 moves to 2510 and attacks Mak. nothing better than good effort.
OUT OF CHARACTER
At bat are Durmisht - now played by marine, the female goblin - which a knowledge:local can identify, Chada, Devion - who may wish to change his action since Mak was nice enough to kill the goblin he was attacking, and Tuck.
Current HP are:
[list][*]Mak -4
[*]WC -5[/list]
Tuck, did you see my post
Will everyone please check their characters sheet and let me know if anything need changing. I found a few has the laptop not used, but I forgot which you are.
G0 represents the first goblin that succumbed to Vi's Color Spray some posts back that I missed.

 

Durmisht attempts a mighty swing at Goblin 2 and just misses as the retch ducks below his swing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=12, 2d6+4=16

 

Seeing how easy Mak has been tearing through her worriors, the Female Goblin rests her bow in her lap and gestures toward Mak. He feels a bit off, but soon recovers as he wards off her spell attack.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Trying to Daze Mak (1d20-4=8)

 

Chada suddenly wobbles over to 2311 and doubles over in pain. She begins flailing about making odd noises and slowly begins to recover. However, when she stands back up, the gnome is now a goblin and bears a wicked grin eying the party evilly.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Validation made in Chat.

 

With an impressive display of skill, Devion's whole body lurches up and forward as he swings his Longsword high. The momentum of his body adding to the power of the swing. When he completes his swing the goblin's expression is stunned amazement as blood spurts from where his arm used to be. His small body falls to the ground as he bleeds out and dies.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Overhead Chop (1d20+3=14, 1d8+4=11)

 

Tuckerby, still disturbed by the awful singing of the Warchanter takes aim at her with his composite longbow and looses the arrow. His well aimed shot drive the arrow home, piercing her eyesocket. She falls back from the force bringing an end to the singing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack: 1d20+7 = 24 Damage: 1d6+2 = 7(+2 from favored enemy bonus)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
No one is yet aware of what has happened with Chada. Anyone who may notice, only see a goblin where a goblin did not exist before. Will save allows you to see the truth.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5843
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:07 pm

Violasha, pleased with the results of her last color spray, begins saying, That female is a Warchanter. We should target her, because her song is... then she sees Tuckerby's arrow pierce the warchanter in the eye, Oh, nevermind.

Vi's attention now turns to the goblin that has stepped right in front of her. She's a bit startled, since she doesn't know where this new goblin came from (and didn't see Chada change). She thought she had counted all the goblins and figured out their positions when she planned out her color spray...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Will Save (1d20+1=14)

 

Since the goblin in front of her is the most obvious threat, Vi steps back (to 2313) and blasts it with a lightning bolt
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ranged touch: 1d20+3=16, 1d6=4

 

She also pulls a starknife from a hidden compartment in one of her scarves.
Last edited by patransom on Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:15 pm

Tuck will draw back another arrow and look for any standing goblins that are not in combat melee to fire at.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Since Tuck is at the end of the initiative order, he will wait to see what happens before him to shoot at anything

 


User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Spitting and snarling, Dregs swings at G3 with his kitchen knife.

Attack with Kitchen Knife (1d20+2,1d4+3=[15, 2], [3, 3])
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Benji wrote:Spitting and snarling, Dregs swings at G3 with his kitchen knife.

Attack with Kitchen Knife (1d20+2,1d4+3=[15, 2], [3, 3])
OUT OF CHARACTER
Please remember to separate your rolls with the ; for a readable display. Ex: 1d20+2;1d4+3

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Thank you! Mak says to Dregs for his healing touch

Mak then uses another flurry of Blows against G8 (primary target) and if downed on the first attack, the second flurry would be on G3

Flurry of Blows versus Goblins (1d20+2=17, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+2=7, 1d6+4=9)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:58 pm

Initiative Order:
V = Vi
D3 = Dregs
M = Mak
G3
G5 = unconscious 1/7
G2
G4 = unconscious 1/7
D1 = Durm
C = Chada
D2 = Devion
G6 = unconscious 1/7
T = Tuck
G0 = unconscious 2/4

Vi, feeling good with her successful use of her color spray starts to alert the group of the Warchanter saying, That female is a Warchanter. We should target her, because her song is..., but she's cut short by the arrow that just pierced the goblin's eye. She finishes, Oh, nevermind.

Suddenly finding herself face to face with a goblin she had not seen in the area before, Vi takes a 5' step back to 2313 and unleashes a bolt of electricity into the back of the new threat. The hit sends a shock through the goblin.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+3=16, 1d6=4

 

It yeps in stunned surprise. (-4hp)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Can Vi's attack show her the truth? (1d20+3=13) Nope, still just another goblin.

 

Spitting and snarling, Dregs swings at Goblin 3 with his kitchen knife and stabs it in the chest. He withdraws the knife from the goblins chest and it staggers. Blood quickly soaks through its armor.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack with Kitchen Knife (1d20+2,1d4+3=[15, 2], [3, 3]) (-6hp)

 

Mak, without looking to Dregs says, Thank you! With his target in site and his attention well focused, Mak suddenly erupts in a blinding barrage of swings. The two that count for Goblin 8 is a combo hit with the blade of each hand driven into the goblins neck from each side. The power of the strike is powerful enough to momentarily block the arteries to the goblins brain. The goblin keels over and dies, it's eyes now glaring at Mak's feet, motionless. Mak's attack is so sudden and fast that he has just enough time for a side trusting kick to Goblin 3, but luck of the draw, it's injury caused by Dregs has the goblin stumbling off balance. It just so happened that right as Mak's kick was to hit, the Goblin stumbles and Mak's kick pushes air.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Flurry of Blows versus Goblins (1d20+2=17, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+2=7, 1d6+4=9)

 

Goblin 3, feeling the draft from Mak's kick tries attacking Mak with it's dogslicer. Amazingly, in it's injured state Goblin 3 manages to find Mak in stabs him in the gut. (-4hp)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Goblin 3's Attack;Damage (1d20+3=15)
Sorry, forgot to roll damage.
1d4+1=4

 

Goblin 2 tries again to attack Durmisht with his dogslicer, but is unable to find him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Goblin 2's Attack;Damage (1d20+3=11, 1d4=2)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Current HP Status:
[list][*]Mak -8
[*]Chada -4
[*]G3 -6[/list]Up at bat are Durmisht, Chada, Devion, and Tuckerby is still searching for a target

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Phoenix512
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 994
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:54 am
Location: United States, Ohio

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Phoenix512 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:31 am

Devion tries to cleave the goblin in front of him and fails miserably.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Overhand Chop on G6 (1d20+3=4, 1d8+4=9)

Another 1 on the attack roll. Dun, I initially thought that G3 was dying but it's actually alive. You should stay something like HP lost so it would be less confusing to everyone (or at least me).

 


User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by klakxor » Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:32 am

Tuckerby takes his shot at Goblin2, since he seems to be the only one that is not surrounded or unconscious.

Attack: 1d20 +7 = 16 Damage: 1d6+2 = 7

User avatar
shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5780
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:47 am
Location: Waterbury, CT

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:21 am

Chada yells, Goblin: We must surrender! We are defeated! Chada drops her whip and says in her best Goblin accent, Please don't kill me! I no want die!

I'm trying to get the remaining not killed goblins to just give up the fight and drop their weapons (d3 and d2). The other four are already unconscious, so we have some time with them.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:13 am

Dregs tries and attacks the goblin he's facing again. Can ye hold on laddie? He says in an aside to Mak. Ahm just about spent righ' now but ah can handle yer wounds after these wee baddies are done fer!

Attack with Kitchen Knife (1d20+2=14, 1d4+3=6)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Thanks for the note about Invisible Castle, I was wondering why mine looked so different to everyone elses :P

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Durmisht will attack Gobin 2 again. And miss again...
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=8, 2d6+4=13

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Initiative Order:
V = Vi
D3 = Dregs
M = Mak
G3
G5 = unconscious 1/7
G4 = unconscious 1/7
D1 = Durm
C = Chada
D2 = Devion
G6 = unconscious 1/7
T = Tuck
G0 = unconscious 2/4

Vi, feeling good with her successful use of her color spray starts to alert the group of the Warchanter saying, That female is a Warchanter. We should target her, because her song is..., but she's cut short by the arrow that just pierced the goblin's eye. She finishes, Oh, nevermind.

Suddenly finding herself face to face with a goblin she had not seen in the area before, Vi takes a 5' step back to 2313 and unleashes a bolt of electricity into the back of the new threat. The hit sends a shock through the goblin.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+3=16, 1d6=4

 

It yeps in stunned surprise. (-4hp)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Can Vi's attack show her the truth? (1d20+3=13) Nope, still just another goblin.

 

Spitting and snarling, Dregs swings at Goblin 3 with his kitchen knife and stabs it in the chest. He withdraws the knife from the goblins chest and it staggers. Blood quickly soaks through its armor.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack with Kitchen Knife (1d20+2,1d4+3=[15, 2], [3, 3]) (-6hp)

 

Mak, without looking to Dregs says, Thank you! With his target in site and his attention well focused, Mak suddenly erupts in a blinding barrage of swings. The two that count for Goblin 8 is a combo hit with the blade of each hand driven into the goblins neck from each side. The power of the strike is powerful enough to momentarily block the arteries to the goblins brain. The goblin keels over and dies, it's eyes now glaring at Mak's feet, motionless. Mak's attack is so sudden and fast that he has just enough time for a side trusting kick to Goblin 3, but luck of the draw, it's injury caused by Dregs has the goblin stumbling off balance. It just so happened that right as Mak's kick was to hit, the Goblin stumbles and Mak's kick pushes air.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Flurry of Blows versus Goblins (1d20+2=17, 1d6+4=7, 1d20+2=7, 1d6+4=9)

 

Goblin 3, feeling the draft from Mak's kick tries attacking Mak with it's dogslicer. Amazingly, in it's injured state Goblin 3 manages to find Mak in stabs him in the gut. (-4hp)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Goblin 3's Attack;Damage (1d20+3=15)
Sorry, forgot to roll damage.
1d4+1=4

 

Goblin 2 tries again to attack Durmisht with his dogslicer, but is unable to find him.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Goblin 2's Attack;Damage (1d20+3=11, 1d4=2)

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Current HP Status:
[list][*]Mak -8
[*]Chada -4
[*]G3 -6[/list]Up at bat are Durmisht, Chada, Devion, and Tuckerby is still searching for a target

 

With every bit of good intentions, Durmisht hacks away at Goblin 2, but this nasty little bugger just seems too slick.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+4=8, 2d6+4=13

 

This odd little goblin that was struck in the back by Vi, after regaining her senses starts shouting something at the still standing goblins. In common her then pleads, Please don't kill me! I no want die! She drops her whip and holds high her empty hands.

While the odd goblin across from Devion shouts something he doesn't understand, he attempts a mighty cleave at Goblin 3, but is off balance. He finds his weapon lodged in the road.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Overhand Chop on G6 (1d20+3=4, 1d8+4=9) Critical Fail.

 

Tuckerby, finding a target in the Goblin Durmisht is facing and just missed lets loose his arrow. It's only after the string is freed that he hears the other Goblin's plea, but the arrow is good. The goblin is caught unawares while he relishes his crafty avoidance of a killing swing by Durmisht. The arrow pierces the side of its neck exiting partly from its throat. Blood spurts from the feathered shaft; surely an artery struck. It falls to its knees and bleeds out. A quality shot.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Attack: 1d20 +7 = 16 Damage: 1d6+2 = 7

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5843
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by patransom » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:24 pm

Pleased that her blast was stunning enough to intimidate Goblin G into surrendering :), and seeing that the group has the remaining conscious goblin surrounded, Violasha says, Let's start tying up these unconscious buggers for the authorities...

She moves over to G0 and removes one of her scarves. After a moment's thought, she holds the scarf out to Durmisht. You look like you might be better with knots than I am...
OUT OF CHARACTER
Although the scarf looks like a ridiculously flimsy thing to tie up a goblin with, if Durmisht grabs it, he'll notice that it is reinforced with chain links and would make a very sturdy binding.

Aside: Here's my first complaint about the PF beta rules. Although I agree that the Use Rope skill was stupid, they've made the ability to tie someone up nothing but a basic 10+CMB. This means Vi, no matter how much time or care she takes, will never be able to tie anyone up securely, thanks to her low CMB. Also, tying someone up is now effectively STR-based, instead of DEX-based. To me, tying a decent knot is a DEX thing, not a STR thing... Should a fighter be better than a rogue at tying up a prisoner?

 

Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:58 pm

Mak moves to 2411 to Flank G3 (+2 to attack), and attacks it to deal Non-Lethal Damage

Flurry of Blows vs G3: Non-Lethal Attack 1 of 2 (1d20+4=15, 1d6+4=10)

If G3 is still standing, Mak will try again (you roll Jim, same modifiers as above)
If G3 is down, Mak will turn to the last Goblin which has surrendered and threaten ON YOUR BELLY, OR DIE
OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Patransom"]..., tying someone up is now effectively STR-based, instead of DEX-based. To me, tying a decent knot is a DEX thing, not a STR thing... Should a fighter be better than a rogue at tying up a prisoner?[/quote]
I disagree with your assessment. A strong person should be able to bind someone more effectively/strongly than a weak person, no matter how dexterous the small person is. Binding someone is not about finesse, but how tight the rope binds!

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
This encounter is over. End of rounds.

 

Seeing the last standing goblin surrounded and the one she hit surrendering, Vi declares, Let's start tying up these unconscious buggers for the authorities... She heads over to Goblin 0 and removes a scarf. She looks to Durmisht and says, You look like you might be better with knots than I am... Before Durmisht can react a voice from behind them calls out, If restraining these beasts is what you're seeking, perhaps I may assist. There are still a number of empty crates outside the cathedral left over from building supplies. You can put them all in these and nail them shut. That should hold them for quite long enough for the town guard to come and deal with them. Turning to the voice Vi sees Father Zantus, one hand still to his head pressing bandages to a wound. On the cathedral steps are a few other dead goblins and a bloody table leg. He's gesturing to the southern side of the cathedral steps where a number of good sized crates still remain, the tops leaning beside each one. At the same time this discussion is going on...

Mak suddenly backhands Goblin 3 lifting it from its feet. The goblin falls to the ground, out cold.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Flurry of Blows vs G3: Non-Lethal Attack 1 of 2 (1d20+4=15, 1d6+4=10)

 

It takes about a minute to round up the unconscious goblins, six in all (one being Chada), and drop them, in twos, in each crate. Still having many of the nails in them, you find tools to hammer the lids shut. One of them, the one that surrendered, is giving an awful lot of trouble. As Durmisht is about to drop her into the crate with one of the goblins, she suddenly transforms back into Chada, who smiles back at his befuddled expression. He sets her on the ground and they hammer the last box shut. Father Zantus, seeing Mak and Chada injured touches them and heals them.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Healing for Mak (1d8+6=11)
Healing for Chada (1d8+6=12)

 

During all this time, three minutes, you can still hear shouting, screams, weapons clashing, and the shrieks of goblins elsewhere in town. It becomes clear to you all that the fight has moved on. You pile all the belongings of the goblins into another crate and seal that shut too. The weapons retrieved from the goblins are crude and sized for small creatures. It is clear that a bad hit could break them. The warchanter was wearing studded leather and carrying a whip, short sword, short bow with 15 arrows remaining, and 20 gold pieces. From all the other goblins a total of 208 copper pieces were found.
As the top of the last crate is being nailed shut, the sound of a mans startled scream and the frantic barking of a dog can be heard to the north of you. What do you do?
OUT OF CHARACTER
No one in the party has any damage at this point.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13390
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Festival and Fire

Post by admin » Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:26 pm

Mak would try to go help any villagers as fast as he could (and not waste time with coins!)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

Locked

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”