Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Moderator: Duniagdra

Post Reply
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Mak and Durmisht accept Aydjen Syl's offer and he asks them to be at his office in the morning. When the two of you show up at Brentwere Lending House the first thing they spot entering the establishment is a long counter with six barred windows and some patrons talking with people behind the counter. To one side of the door they enter is a large man wearing studded leather armor, a heavy mace from one hip, a short sword from the other, and a buckler shield from his shoulder. To the other side is a male half-orc in the same armor and carrying the same weapons and shield. The half-orc points you to a door to the left of the counter. When you get to the door and knock on it it opens shortly after. Another man opens it wearing the same armor and weapons. He guides you through and down a hall with two other men in the same garb. He opens the door and passes you through.
Have a seat and don't move. We'll come for you as soon as Mr. Syl is ready. He then shuts and locks the door. Some minutes later the same man opens it and gestures you out. He leads you to another door and waves you through. You see Aydjen Syl sitting behind a desk. Aydjen gestures you to sit and the guard closes the door and waits in the room with you.
It's good to have you here. He drops one gold coin and three silver coins in front of each of you. This is advance payment on your first week. Your next payment will be at the end of the week after and then on. You're here on your honor and reputation in town. I can't have my men leaving the Brentwere to escort my collector around town for pick-ups. In case you're wondering why I'm needing an escort, it's because a local gang has been harassing my establishment for protection money. You're to provide security for the collector and second thoughts for thugs.
Aydjen goes on with what is expected with each pick-up; how you're to return to the Brentwere immediately following each pick-up and never leave the collector's side, ever. He introduces you to the collector; a short rounded fellow wearing a cotton vest and silk shirt with cotton trousers. At his right hip is a short sword.
So these are my protectors? He looks the two of you up and down and smiles. My name's Geriko Sams. Are we ready to get going? When the two of you acknowledge being ready he leads you out and so begins your new job. The first three days go by with no trouble. Each day starts at a different time and the work is only three hours a day. Nothing better than easy coin, or is it?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:30 pm

On this forth day all seems normal. Both Durmisht and Mak meet Geriko at the Brentwere and he leads you through town to collect payments on two loans. You follow him from one street to another and eventually find yourselves near the southern part of town. You follow Geriko into the first establishment where he's met by a man who shows his years.
Ah, Geriko! the man exclaims. It's good to see you. I was expecting you yesterday.
Yes, yes. I had something to do and felt one day was not going to hurt. Since I knew you'd be open today, I figured it'd be okay. Surely you still have your payment, right?
Of course I do. I'm not about to think that Aydjen's collector would forget to come. I see you have some... protection?
Ah, yes. This young lug is Durmisht and this gent is Mak. Aydjen hired them on as protectors. Perhaps you've heard of them? They're two of the people who helped fend off the goblins.
Yes, I've heard the names, but this seems the first time I've met them. Welcome gentlemen to my home and business. Should you ever have a need to fix the sail of a ship or a new fishing net, I'm the best to go to.
It's then that the two of you notice the sheets of canvas and drapes of netting hung about and stacked here and there.
The old man retrieves a small pouch from behind his counter and returns. I've been very nervous holding on to this for that extra day. While Aydjen may be able to afford to hire protection, many of us are not. You'll need to write me a bill of lading for that. It's not only a payment, but a deposit as well. Geriko nods his understanding to the man and draws a book from his vest. They empty the purse on the counter and count its contents and Geriko writes it in the book and tears a paper from it. The man takes it and puts it in his pocket.
It seems we're all feeling the pressure of these thugs and the protection fees. Well, be careful out there and enjoy the day Geriko. Lads, do keep good care of him. He doesn't only collect payments on loans
Geriko tucks the purse under his vest and the three of you exit. Geriko explains that the next stop is only a few blocks away.
It's the same as the previous stop. Geriko is well received and handed a small purse. Geriko tucks the purse under his vest and hands the man a receipt. Durmisht notices as the three of you are walking back that someone seems to be following you. He alerts Mak to the possible situation and Mak prepares himself without letting on. Durmisht loosens the strap securing his weapons. The both of you take on a more defensive position to Geriko. When Geriko turns down a not so busy street that the thugs come out. Three men stand before you and two more block your exit.
Passing through this neighborhood is dangerous gentlemen. For a nominal fee, we can assure you safer passage, says one of the men in front of you.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:09 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
How are these thugs armed?

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:39 pm

The thugs are wearing loose fitting cloths and do not appear to have weapons in their hands.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:26 am

Perception check: Mak wants to see if there are other hidden thugs (1d20+6=7) (So much for that)

Listen, we don't want any trouble tonight... How much would it take to safeguard our passage? Mak says while walking up to the Thug 'leader' with open arms to show he's not holding a weapon.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am

The thug grins, That all depends on what you have. We work on commission based off what we're safeguarding. You've stepped close enough. I suggest you stop where you're at.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:51 am

Still walking toward the leader, Mak takes a coin out and flips it toward the Thug This should suffice, then. Let us pass. he says.

Mak will stop at 10' from the closest thug and ready an action:
-> One Unarmed strike vs the first to come within 5' of him, adding a stunning attack with that - I'll roll if needed.

Note: Mak sent a silver coin to the Thug :D
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:25 am

The man catches the coin and at the same time the other four men reach into the sleeves of their tunics and draw a dagger. The man talking drops the coin and draws a short sword from behind him. We already know there's much more than a silver coin on your person. I suggest you drop it all on the ground and lay face down.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:51 am

I see. Well then, with that big sword of yours, why don't YOU show your friends how its done, and come steal my coins yourself? Mak attempts to draw the leader onto himself. Still holding a ready action to stun the 1st one to come within 5' range (A map would be nice - like I wonder how large this alley/side street is)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:41 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about the delay. I'm going to be in the field from Monday til Friday and will be unable to check on here.

 

Durmisht eyes the group and growls out I suggest you let us pass before you all have to go visit the priest.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Intimidate check with Intimdating Prowess added: 1d20 9=27

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:29 am

The two men facing Durmisht (T4,5) seem to be having second thoughts about fighting him.
The assumed leader of this gang (T1) Draws his short sword accepting Mak's challenge. He charges at Mak. (1208) Charge attack/damage (1d20+3=16, 1d6+1=2)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Mak's readied action is triggered. If his stunning fist succeeds, T1's attack is invalid. In the future, please take your readied action like you normally would.

 

Durmisht holds his ground making sure T4 and T5 remain put. He'll ready and action to attack the first to get near him should they try and attack. Durmisht's readied attack/damage vs T4,5 (1d20+4+2=26, 2d6+4=10)
Geriko casts a spell at T1. Ray of Enfeeblement Strength loss (1d20=16, 1d6=4)

Initiative:
  • T1=Thug Leader (Enfeebled -4 STR 10 rnds)
  • D=Durmisht
  • G=Geriko
  • M=Mak (-2hp)
  • T2-T5=Thugs (T4,5 Shaken)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:16 am

Mak throws a blinding rounded back fist that catches T1 unexpectedly. The attack was so well executed that the thug dropped his weapon and seem to be bewildered. Thug Save vs Stunning Fist (1d20+1=7)
T2 and T3 move in to attack Mak. Both men miss. (T2=1209 and T3=1108) T2 att/dmg; T3 att/dmg (1d20+1=12, 1d6+1=3, 1d20+1=7, 1d6+1=5)

End of round 1

Initiative:
  • T1=Thug Leader (Enfeebled -4 STR 10 rnds) (Stunned)
  • D=Durmisht
  • G=Geriko
  • M=Mak
  • T2-T5=Thugs (T4,5 Shaken)
Start of round 2 (Map reflects new position)

T1 is still feeling the effects of Mak's hit.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Next is Durmisht, then Geriko, then Mak.

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:57 am

DUrmisht will move to 1015 and attack t5 with his greatsword.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20 4=23, 2d6 4=8 To confirm crit: 1d20 4=21, 2d6 4=9

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:14 pm

Geriko casts another spell and shimmers of colors flutter from his fingers. T2 seems to take the focus of the spells attack and the spray fans out from him also effecting T1 and T3. T2, T1, T3 Will Save vs Color Spray (1d20=8, 1d20=11, 1d20=4) DC 12 needed. All three men fall unconscious.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:19 pm


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:25 pm

Seeing one of his buddies obliterated by the barbarian and Mak using a fighting style beyond his understanding and Geriko putting his boss and two buds down for the count he throws his weapon to Durmisht's feet and Drops to the ground. By the Gods, please don't kill me! then man exclaims in panic.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:29 pm

We would tie them up, then interrogate the conscious thugs to see who they are working for - then we'd call the guards...
R

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:33 pm

Durmisht will attempt to intimidate t4 into talking.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Intimidate check: 1d20 9=17

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6857
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 pm

T4 obligingly affirms that he works for T1. When you wake the others they say the same. When you wake T1 he give nothing. This is my gang and my alley. Just because you beat us now, don't think this is over.
When the guards arrive, they bring the men to their feet and take them to the garrison. Another guard tells you that they'll have a wagon pick up the body in a minute.
Well, nothing better than a bit of fun to get the day moving, wouldn't you say gentlemen? It's good that Aydjen hired you two on, since by myself, I'd not have fared well verse that many. He then holds out fist fulls of gold. Those men felt our effort should be paid for. He chuckles. Geriko just handed each of you 23 gold. He jingles his pant pocket and you hear about the same number of coin. The three of you return to the Brentwere and Aydjen thanks you both for doing your job as he hired you for.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13386
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by admin » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 pm

Mak bows at Geriko Your magic was impressive as well Sir! Thank you!

I'd be glad to provide my services at any time - just let me know. Mak concludes.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Mak and Durmisht Help Collect Loans

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:47 pm

Durmisht takes the offered gold and says It was a fun bit of sport. Now we just have to keep an eye out for those guys.

Post Reply

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”