Burnt Offerings: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Moderator: Duniagdra

Locked
User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:32 pm

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:04 pm

  1. Tuckerby
  2. Mak
  3. G1 Goblin
  4. Violasha
Mak gives a good try with some fancy unarmed attacks, but he never quite hits his target. Seems the goblin was quick enough to evade.

The goblin takes a stabe for Mak. G1 vs Mak, Att/Dmg (1d20+3=7, 1d4+1=5) The goblin isn't having much luck either.

Vi joins the fray by rushing into the room and unleashing a shocking welcome at the far wall as a surge of energy whizzes over its head.

When Vi does enter the room she can see that the closet in the north wall is empty.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Benji » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:56 am

As the cat runs past, Dregs would instinctively try and catch it, but if he can't then he won't worry too much.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by klakxor » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:33 am

Duniagdra wrote:
klakxor wrote:Tuck should be able to pop G2 with an arrow throuh the doorway

1d20+8=23, 1d6+2=7
hey bud, where's your +2 to damage coming from? I'm not seeing a STR rated composite in use.
OUT OF CHARACTER
It would be terrible if it was Str rated because Tuck doesn't have any modifier from strength, however since Goblins are his favorite thing to shoot at.......they are his favored enemy.

 

Tuck moves in to the room (5635) prepared to shoot anything
OUT OF CHARACTER
30' of movement so I do not have a chance to shoot this round, damn short legs

 


User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:46 am

FoB versus G1 (1d20+3=19, 1d6+4=8, 1d20+3=11, 1d6+4=5)

Mak searches the bodies (in case hey have a key)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:09 am

Dregs tries catching the cat, but as freaked out as it is by the goblins, it wants no part of being rescued.
Touch Attack vs Frightened Cat (1d20+3=10) The cat flees past Ameiko and through the door.
Tuck takes a 30' movement (to 5635) and readies a shot with his bow.
OUT OF CHARACTER
If I recall the rules correctly, Tuck would have had line of sight from 5435 because the top-right corner can connect to the square the goblin is in. Unless I'm recalling a rule from something else.

 

Mak strikes the goblin with an overhead hammer-fist driving the goblin to the ground, its chin cracking from the impact.

The goblins have nothing of value or use.

What next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by patransom » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Vi jumps up on the table at 5936 for a better line of sight, in case Mak decides to open the door at 5537 next.
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:38 pm

patransom wrote:Vi jumps up on the table at 5936 for a better line of sight, in case Mak decides to open the door at 5537 next.
Indeed, Mak does so...
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Benji » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:56 pm

Dregs moves to 5435 and uses another burst of positive energy.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I believe there are still some people injured from before and that Mak just took some damage. If there's anyone that has taken 5 or more damage after this use then please let me know.

Positive Energy (1d6=2)

By my reckoning, that should include everyone (it has a 30' radius) and I should now have 4 uses left for today along with one 1st level spell. Could you let me know if that's right please?

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Mak moves to open the door at 5537 and finds what might have been office, but is now a shambles of busted furniture. Nothing else is here. A door is seen partly ajar in the south wall of the room.
Vi, anticipating more foes, leaps on the table just in case.
Dregs moves to 5435 and channels the favor of his deity. A warming luminescence shimmers from him and outward to everyone. Each person with damage feels slightly better.

Current Damage:
  • Durmisht -1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:50 pm

Mak opens 5440
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Mak finds the new room empty of anything. Another door is closed in the west wall.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by klakxor » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:03 am

Tuck follows behind Mak, making sure no Gobbo's are creeping around

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:09 pm

Mak opens 5141, then 4842
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:11 pm

Vi also follows Mak, aiming to end up at 5040 when he opens 4842
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:52 pm

As Mak steps into the hall again and is seen by the others, he prepares to open the door at 4842. Everyone else prepares to follow him through. When Mak opens the door at 4842, he finds splinters of wood and a few larger pieces that seems like they could have been to a chair. Again, another indication that the goblins where through here. With not much to amuse them, what furnishings might have been here could likely be coal in the furnaces now.

Inside this room the furnace seems quieter, though now, instead of hearing the steady breath of the furnace, yapping, yelping, and some form of chattering can be heard from the other side of the door. Suddenly, you hear sniffing at the bottom of the south door, which seems to have no hinges on your side. Something knows your in here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:13 pm

Mak moves to 4948 (just besides the door) and signals everyone to get ready. Satisfied that the others understand, he slowly scratches the door and says (as best he can): Meow ... Meow

Mak readies this action: Attack any enemy (using his Kama) that show itself in the doorway (by enemy, Mak expects either a Goblin or a Goblin Dog - he won't strike a human here)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:25 pm

As soon as Mak scratches the door and meows, a confirming "Grrrugh!" and a snort comes through the bottom of the door. Imediately after that, barking and scratching resounds from the other side. The door shakes from the scratching and pushing. A careful listen determines that there are more than one dog, but the door never opens and it's hard to say how many dogs there are.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:31 pm

Darn Goblin Dogs Mak says - Ameiko, is this a dead end room? We might want to circumvent it for the moment... Mak asks
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Ameiko responds to Mak wrote:That could be a good start Mak. I have one thing better to add. I have no weapons, so I can't help in fighting. What might be a good idea is that I stay here and keep there attention. You guys, or most of you guys go back and go through the double doors there, she says pointing back the way you entered from, and on your left will be another door. This room is the main dining area and social room for the workers. If you can quietly open that door and get a look at how many there are and what else is in there We can regroup back at the double doors and form a plan.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Benji » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:37 pm

Dregs lifts his helmet and scratches his head. Do we really need t' be plannin' how t' kill these Gobbos? They've gone down quick enough so far. O'course, ah'm always up for more efficient ways to cut down on injuries so ah'll bow to all o' yer expertise.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 5869
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Arlington, Virginia

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by patransom » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Planning is never a bad thing, Dregs. It's what separates us from the goblins... well, in addition to good looks and personal hygiene, says Vi. Ameiko's plan is a good one. If she keeps the dogs' attention on the blocked door, we might be able to sneak up on them. If they're bunched all together, I've got a spell or two left...
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:34 pm

I say we rush in from both doors as long as there's not too many of them. That way we surround them. says Durmisht.

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

All right, let's do it. But for all we know, there could be a horde of Goblins on the Dinning room... So let's not split up Mak says, looking at Durmisht. When everyone is ready, Mak nods to Ameiko Give us a minute - unless you hear combat!

Mak leads the way and opens the double doors.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did we keep the Journal & the Key to her bro's cell? I'd hate to see Ameiko run away with it to protect her family from their crimes...

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.
Posts: 3611
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:43 pm
Location: Morrisville, PA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by klakxor » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:02 am

Tuck listens to the plan and nods agreement to Ameiko's plan.

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by BusyCowboy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:08 pm

Chada looks at the book and ponders, while turning it an all directions then shrugs Yay, we get to get our boogy on!

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:45 pm

And so with a plan agreed on, everyone returns to the hall and Mak opens the double doors. The hall ahead is dimly lit not by candles but by fissures in the wall of the furnace. This hall is VERY warm and very long. To the far end the hall swings to your right. On the left wall about half way down the hall is the door that Ameiko pointed out. It becomes clear that even an iron golem could sneak down this hall with the steady roar of the furnace blazing away. As you come to the door and try to listen, you find it very difficult to hear anything on the other side of the door.
OUT OF CHARACTER
All Listen Skill Checks are at -4

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13465
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by admin » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Mak waits for the allowed time (and tries to hear it when it starts by putting his ear to the door) - then opens the door just enough to see what's inside (He will make sure to get a good grip on the handle should he need to close it ASAP - meaning if enemies are incoming)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21
Posts: 6868
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:21 pm

In position and ready, you wait for the time to pass and soon enough, furnace or not, you hear the dogs inside raise up in a furious bark. They sound as though they're elsewhere but near your door. Taking advantage of the distraction, Mak opens the door. Sure enough, in the passage leading to the door Ameiko was at, he spots five goblin dogs. Their all eagerly trying to get through the door at Ameiko keeping their attention.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Do you rush in and take the surprise round?

 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1579
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Round Rock, TX
Contact:

Re: Trouble at the Sandpoint Glassworks

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:28 pm

Durmisht will look over Mak's shoulder into the room, look at Mak, grin and rush into the room moving to 4452.

Locked

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”