Rise of the Runelords; Converting to PF RPG CRB

Moderator: Duniagdra

PF RPG CRB or PF Beta

Poll ended at Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 pm

Convert to PF RPG CRB once v3.0 is available
100%
Keep my character as it is and stay with PF Beta.
No votes

Total votes: 5

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Rise of the Runelords; Converting to PF RPG CRB

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Do we convert, or do we hold where we're at? Pathfinder RPG CRB (Role Playing Game Core Rulebook) is out and available to the masses. TOS+ is being modified to support this. There have been changes to the classes and races. Some are small, some are big. You would each need to look over your character build and compare the differences and choose. The cleric went back to something like 3.5 as did the wizard. Favored classes has changed too. The half-orc only gets a bonus to one ability like the human does; same for the half-elf. CMB is now countered by CMD (combat maneuver defense). Some of you may like the changes, some of you may not. This thread will be for discussing this choice and comparing the changes. I will keep this poll open for as long as needed and allow you to change your vote if desired, but there will be only one vote per player.

Financial reasons will not be considered here as Richard points out there is a SRD version of the Core Rules.
Another reason to consider the switch is that Richard is looking for testers of TOS+ v2.9 Beta. If you are willing to convert your character over to the 2.9 Beta Release, then vote for the conversion, otherwise vote to stay.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Rise of the Runelords; Converting to PF RPG CRB

Post by patransom » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:37 pm

From a purely practical standpoint, it would be difficult to keep running the Beta rules once TOS+ integrates the final ruleset. It would mean keeping an old version of the sheet around or making custom classes/races that use the Beta rules. Not that either of those are overwhelmingly difficult...

Although the changes actually mean a reduction in power for Vi, I like them. It was getting to be too much like playing a warlock, not a sorcerer.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:21 am

I voted yea to the changes, as well. I figure, the Beta rules were Beta for a reason, and the standard rules are standard for a reason. Probably problems with the Beta rules somewhere down the line.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:31 pm

I am in for changing over. Beta is for testing and since the final release is out, that is the way we should go.

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”