[RotR] Burnt Offering - Thistletop Lower Level 2

Moderator: Duniagdra

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: [RotR] Burnt Offering - Thistletop Lower Level 2

Post by admin » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:05 am

Mak focuses on Shadow #3, and should it fall, Shadow Dregs (which is flanked!)

Again, as a swift action, Mak uses one ki point to give himself a +4 dodge bonus to AC and use 1 Action Point to gain one extra attack (ooc note: Mak's strikes are considered Magic)

Round #3: Inspired Courage, FoB Ki Strikes vs Shadow #3 (+2 to atk vs Shadow Dregs) (1d20+8=13, 1d8+5=9, 1d20+8=9, 1d8+5=10, 1d20+8=20, 1d8+5=7) (crap I suck at IC these days...)
Mak
Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) = 21 (until the next round)
Action Point left: 4 APs
Ki Points left: 3 points

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:45 am

Carter 5 foot steps back to R11 and cracks his whip loudly in the air before lashing out at Shadow Dregs.

1d20+10=11, 1d4+6=8
OUT OF CHARACTER
Natural 1. Do you do critical misses or anything? let me know if I need a follow up.

-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:23 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Durmisht.

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My apologies for the delay, its been a very busy week.

Durmisht grunts in response to the shadow's attack and swings at what was once Dregs while still raging.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+8=11, 2d6+6=13 action point to increase attack roll (1d6=1)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
My apologies to you all for this extended delay. My current uncertain situation has me full of occupied duties trying to keep from losing my apartment.

On another note, I'm in need of a player to take over Erin, a character from Legacy of Fire, who's player has dropped out.

1. Round 1:
  2. Ryder <--- Full Action
  3. Durmisht Rul <--- Full Action
  4. Carter Jenkins <--- Full Action
  5. Mak Kroket <--- Full Action
  6. Violasha <--- Full Action
  7. Dregs <--- Shadow Full Action
  8. Shadow <--- Full Action
Ryder's eyes go wide in shock at beholding Dregs' fate. He wheels about and rises his spear high preparing to thrust at the shadow Dregs has become, I'm sorry, Dregs. Let me release you from this torment, my friend, Ryder murmurs under his breath as he brings his spear down. As good as his attack may have been though, he finds nothing solid to connect with. Durmisht grunts in response to the shadow's attack and swings at what was once Dregs while still raging but his focus if off and misses. Again, Vi waits to act last. If there are any shadows left at that time, she will shoot at one of them with an elemental ray. Carter steps back to R11 and cracks his whip loudly in the air before lashing out at Shadow Dregs and also hits nothing. Mak focuses on shadow 3, drawing from within himself his ki and lashes out in a Flurry of Blows, managing to squeak in an extra attack, but it's like attacking air. Vi lets go her elemental attack, but her aim is off and the ray skims over the shadow's head.
Incorporeal Touch Attack/Strength Damage vs Durmisht and Mak (1d20+4=5, 1d6=1, 1d20+4=22, 1d6=6)
The two remaining shadows then attack, one seeking out Durmisht while the other continues with Mak. When the two shadows attack, Durmisht manages to avoid the debilitating touch, but Mak is not so fortunate.
(Mak, 6 Strength Damage)
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party[*]Mak, 6 Strength Damage[list][*]Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) +2 (Fighting Def.) +2 (Boost defense) = 25 (until the next round)[*]Action Point left: 5 APs[*]Ki Points left: 4 points[/list][*]Storm, 23/30[/list][list]Foe:[*]Shadow 1, Dead[*]Shadow 2, Dead[*]Shadow 3, 12 Damage[/list][list]Other:[*]Carter - Bardic Performance (Rounds 1/13)[list]Inspire Courage; +1 attack and damage, +1 save vs fear[/list][/list]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:25 am

I don't feel very good.... Mak says, still trying to dispatch the nasty shadowy undead

Focusing on Shadow #3, and should it falls, Shadow Dregs (which is flanked, so add +2 on those attacks!)

Using a swift action, Mak uses one ki point to give himself a +4 dodge bonus to AC and use 1 Action Point to gain one extra attack (ooc note: Mak's strikes are considered Magic and do half damage vs Incorporeal)

Round #4: Inspired Courage, FoB Ki Strikes vs Shadow #3 (or Shadow Dregs with +2 to attack) (1d20+6=17, 1d8+2=5, 1d20+6=12, 1d8+2=9, 1d20+6=15, 1d8+2=5)
Mak
Ability Damaged (STR): 6
Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) = 21 (until the next round)
Action Point left: 3 APs
Ki Points left: 2 points

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:27 am

Once again, acting last, Violasha shoots an elemental ray at any shadow left standing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I typoed the first roll 1d20+6: 1d6+2=0, here's the real one: Elemental Ray with inspire courage (1d20+6=21, 1d6+2=6)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on player activity now, instead of player waiting on DM activity. ;)

Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:47 am

Carter takes another crack at Shadow Dregs with his whip, while continuing to inspire courage on the group.

Attack and damage (Whip is magical) (1d20+11=26, 1d4+6=8)
-SM

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Durmisht keeps his rage going and unleashes a blow towards shadow Dregs.
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+8=11, 2d6+6=12

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:45 am

Ryder curses in halfling and attempts to strike the shadow Dregs once again.
Shortspear melee vs. Shadow Dregs (1d20+9=18, 1d4+4=8)
Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:09 am

1. Round 5:
  7. Shadow <--- Full Action
Ryder curses in halfling and attempts to strike the shadow Dregs once again, but even though his aim is solid, he never makes contact with anything substantial. Durmisht keeps his rage going and unleashes a blow towards shadow Dregs that end up out of control and missing the shadow completely. Carter takes another crack at Shadow Dregs with his whip, while continuing to inspire courage on the group. Carter's magical whip lashes out into the wispy form of the shadow and snaps at some form of solidity within inflicting some damage to it. [talk]I don't feel very good....[/talk] Mak says, still trying to dispatch the nasty shadowy undead. Mak connects twice somewhere withing it's airy form and brings it further to its final death. With two shadows still standing Vi lets go an elemental ray at shadow Dregs and hits for a fair amount of damage.
The two shadows attack Durmisht and Mak and they both feel their strength sapped further from them.
(Shadow Dregs, 10 Damage; Shadow 3, 5 Damage; Durmisht, 5 Strength Damage; Mak 2 Strength Damage)
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party[*]Mak, 6 Strength Damage[list][*]Str: 10[*]Load: Medium[*]Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) = 21 (until the next round)[*]Action Point left: 3 APs[*]Ki Points left: 2 points[/list][*]Durmisht, 8 Strength Damage[list]Rage[*]Str: 14[*]AC: 13+1[*]Load: Light[/list][*]Storm, 23/30[/list][list]Foe:[*]Shadow 1, Dead[*]Shadow 2, Dead[*]Shadow 3, 17 Damage[*]Shadow Dregs, 10 Damage[/list][list]Other:[*]Carter - Bardic Performance (Rounds 1/13)[list]Inspire Courage; +1 attack and damage, +1 save vs fear[/list][/list]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Just to remind you, Ryder has a mount that can also attack. Why let that attack be wasted.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:38 am

Vi is beginning to grow concerned about the continued sapping of her comrades' strength. So, she moves to T10 and, casting defensively, provides Mak with a spell offering some additional protection.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Concentration check to cast defensively (1d20+8=26). Vi casts Mage Armor on Mak, which provides a +4 armor bonus to AC for 4 hours. Per the spell description here, since mage armor is made of force, incorporeal creatures can't bypass it the way they do normal armor. So this should make him harder to hit... Maybe he'll live through this encounter...

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:50 am

patransom wrote:Vi is beginning to grow concerned about the continued sapping of her comrades' strength. So, she moves to T10 and, casting defensively, provides Mak with a spell offering some additional protection.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Concentration check to cast defensively (1d20+8=26). Vi casts Mage Armor on Mak, which provides a +4 armor bonus to AC for 4 hours. Per the spell description here, since mage armor is made of force, incorporeal creatures can't bypass it the way they do normal armor. So this should make him harder to hit... Maybe he'll live through this encounter...

OUT OF CHARACTER
That's not fair to me, is it now?

Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:01 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="patransom"]Vi is beginning to grow concerned about the continued sapping of her comrades' strength. So, she moves to T10 and, casting defensively, provides Mak with a spell offering some additional protection.
[ooc]Concentration check to cast defensively (1d20+8=26). Vi casts Mage Armor on Mak, which provides a +4 armor bonus to AC for 4 hours. Per the spell description here, since mage armor is made of force, incorporeal creatures can't bypass it the way they do normal armor. So this should make him harder to hit... Maybe he'll live through this encounter...[/quote]
It's too bad Vi waited for so long to use that spell! lol Mak was much more dangerous when he had more STR!!
In any case, I don't think you 'automatically' cast this spell on Mak, unless you make a touch attack, as Mak is presently in Combat... (at least, that's how my DM does touch spells that are cast on people in combat (like cures) I do not know if that is an 'official' ruling, or something he made up though, so your mileage may vary!)

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:42 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
It's Vi's last 1st level spell, that's why she waited to use it until things started to look desperate...

I've never had a DM who required touch attacks on friendly characters. Nor is that an official ruling, at least per 3.5 (see here under "touch spells in combat"): "You can automatically touch one friend or use the spell on yourself, but to touch an opponent, you must succeed on an attack roll."

If that's the house ruling here, though, here's Vi's Melee touch (1d20+1=6). Clearly a miss. I don't know if it's changed in PF, but in 3.5, a miss with a melee touch spell means the character can still hold the charge, if desired. Vi will do that, if allowed, and probably use the spell on herself next round, since she's clearly got no chance to touch Mak. I assume that she won't need a roll to touch herself :)

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:48 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Hmm I'll have to speak to my DM about this! I found the ruling:
[quote]Touch Spells in Combat: Many spells have a range of touch. To use these spells, you cast the spell and then touch the subject. In the same round that you cast the spell, you may also touch (or attempt to touch) as a free action. You may take your move before casting the spell, after touching the target, or between casting the spell and touching the target. You can automatically touch one friend or use the spell on yourself, but to touch an opponent, you must succeed on an attack roll.[/quote]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:12 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Vi's touch is automatic. The rules in PF are simple to follow in this instance. Even though it means my poor innocent shadows will have a harder time hitting Mak. :wtf:

Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:35 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Duniagdra"]...Even though it means my poor innocent shadows will have a harder time hitting Mak. :wtf:[/quote]
Having 20+ in touch armor class has NOT prevented those nasty shadows to drain Mak so far! :rant:

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:33 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Okay, so far I have a post from Vi, and admin's posting but leaving nothing for Mak's action, so I'm needing five more actions posted.

Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Focusing on Shadow #3, and should it falls, Shadow Dregs (which is flanked, so add +2 on those attacks!)

Using a swift action, Mak uses one ki point to give himself a +4 dodge bonus to AC and use 1 Action Point to gain one extra attack (ooc note: Mak's strikes are considered Magic and do half damage vs Incorporeal)

Round #5: Inspired Courage, FoB Ki Strikes vs Shadow #3 (or Shadow Dregs with +2 to attack) (1d20+5=6, 1d8+1=7)
Round #5: Inspired Courage, FoB Ki Strikes vs Shadow #3 (or Shadow Dregs with +2 to attack) (forgot 2 attacks!) (1d20+5=18, 1d8+1=2, 1d20+5=17, 1d8+1=9)
Mak
Ability Damaged (STR): 8
Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) +4 (Mage Armor) = 25 for this round
Mage Armor
Action Point left: 2 APs
Ki Points left: 1 points

The Hunter
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by The Hunter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:36 am

Ryder thrusts again at shadow Dregs, praying to the gods he strikes something substantial.
Short Spear melee vs. Shadow Dregs (1d20+9=25, 1d4+4=6)
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Just to remind you, Ryder has a mount that can also attack. Why let that attack be wasted.

OUT OF CHARACTER
I had thought about it but, I had witnessed the creatures touch sap my allies and even slay one and he then rise amongst their numbers. Previous DMs I have had have made it so that should a living creature strike a shadow with natural weapons that they too become susceptible to the strength drain as you had touched them all the same as if they had reached out to touch you. Perhaps that is not how it works but it made sense to me when they stated why when our druid in animal form struck one she lost strength. What is your ruling on this?

Image Kaladron Daladar-Elf Wizard 2/Fighter 1
Image Daglaron-Elan Psion-Wizard 3/Cerebremancer-Druid 4/Psion-Arcane Hierophant 3
Image Ryder-Halfling Cavalier 4
Image Scorpius Black-Human Rogue 4

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:58 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="The Hunter"][quote="Duniagdra"]Just to remind you, Ryder has a mount that can also attack. Why let that attack be wasted.[/quote]
I had thought about it but, I had witnessed the creatures touch sap my allies and even slay one and he then rise amongst their numbers. Previous DMs I have had have made it so that should a living creature strike a shadow with natural weapons that they too become susceptible to the strength drain as you had touched them all the same as if they had reached out to touch you. Perhaps that is not how it works but it made sense to me when they stated why when our druid in animal form struck one she lost strength. What is your ruling on this?[/quote]If that was the case, Mak (a Monk) would have been drained a long time ago, as he has been using Unarmed strikes (Flurry of Blows) from the start against the Shadows! :P

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:36 pm

Durmisht is feeling the effects of the shadows attacks as he swings at shadow Dregs
OUT OF CHARACTER
1d20+6=24, 2d6+3=12

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:42 pm

The Hunter wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

OUT OF CHARACTER
I had thought about it but, I had witnessed the creatures touch sap my allies and even slay one and he then rise amongst their numbers. Previous DMs I have had have made it so that should a living creature strike a shadow with natural weapons that they too become susceptible to the strength drain as you had touched them all the same as if they had reached out to touch you. Perhaps that is not how it works but it made sense to me when they stated why when our druid in animal form struck one she lost strength. What is your ruling on this?

OUT OF CHARACTER
I've never heard such a ruling and while it could make sense, it's not a tactic I would employ. Shadows can be enough of a bitch as is.

As for Mak's unarmed strike, as you keep reminding me, his attacks are considered magical and thus would not be subject anyhow. :P

Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Duniagdra"]As for Mak's unarmed strike, as you keep reminding me, his attacks are considered magical and thus would not be subject anyhow. :P[/quote]Unarmed strikes, magical or not, are still in the "Natural Weapon" category :P

I think that natural weapon suffer damage against effects that 'cover' a creature - like if it is wreathed in flames, or like those Goblins dogs, who have their whole body covered in parasites that you need to 'save' against. Creatures who drain, do so from their own natural attacks, not from 'any' part of their bodies - at least, as far as I know.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:50 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just waiting on Carter.

Image Image

scarymike23
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by scarymike23 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:45 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Crud! I somehow totally lost track of this. I've very sorry.

Carter continues to inspire his comrades and cracks his whip at shadow dregs: attack,damage with magical whip (1d20+11=21, 1d4+6=8)
-SM

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:25 pm

1. Round 6:
Ryder thrusts again at shadow Dregs, praying to the gods he strikes something substantial and feels the tip of his magical spear imbed into substance. The Shadow reals in pain. Durmisht is feeling the effects of the shadows attacks as he swings at shadow Dregs and also fails to connect with any form of substance. Carter continues to inspire his comrades and cracks his whip at shadow Dregs and hears in the crack his whip makes that he caught something again. Shadow Dregs wails. Mak bolsters himself again by channeling his ki and lashes out at shadow 3 and while his first attack misses, his second and third attacks connect, finishing off the unnatural creature. Vi is beginning to grow concerned about the continued sapping of her comrades' strength. So, she moves beside Mak and, casting defensively, provides him with a spell offering some additional protection. Energy transfers from Vi to envelope Mak and he feels more protected.
Shadow Dregs reaches out for Mak, but it seems he's too well protected.
(Shadow Dregs, 7 Damage; Shadow 3, Dead)
  1. Round 7:
ACTIVE EFFECTS
[list]Party[*]Mak, 6 Strength Damage[list][*]Str: 10[*]Load: Medium[*]Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (ki point) +4 (Mage Armor) = 25 for this round[*]Action Point left: 2 APs[*]Ki Points left: 1 points[/list][*]Durmisht, 8 Strength Damage[list]Rage[*]Str: 14[*]AC: 13+1[*]Load: Light[/list][*]Storm, 23/30[/list][list]Foe:[*]Shadow 1, Dead[*]Shadow 2, Dead[*]Shadow 3, Dead[*]Shadow Dregs, 17 Damage[/list][list]Other:[*]Carter - Bardic Performance (Rounds 5/13)[list]Inspire Courage; +1 attack and damage, +1 save vs fear[/list][/list]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun May 01, 2011 11:22 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
For the record: Incorporeal Touch Attack/Strength Damage vs Mak (1d20+4=23, 1d6=6) would have drained another 6 STR damage from Mak, *IF* Vi had not cast Mage Armor (+4 to AC) on Mak... *shivers*

Mak turns his full attention to Shadow Dregs, but cannot use any more of his ki, to retain the magical nature of his attacks.

Round #6: Inspired Courage, FoB Ki Strikes vs flanked Shadow Dregs (1d20+5+2=16, 1d8+1=6, 1d20+5+2=24, 1d8+1=7)
Mak
Ability Damaged (STR): 8
Armor Class & Touch Armor Class: 17 (base) +4 (Mage Armor) = 21 for this round
Active Spell: Mage Armor
Action Point left: 2 APs
Ki Points left: 1 points
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”