[RotR] Burnt Offering - Returning to Thistletop

Moderator: Duniagdra

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [RotR] Burnt Offering - Returning to Thistletop

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:40 pm

patransom wrote:[ooc]Actually, per this post, Vi wanted to be in Yiri's spot. Whether Yiri wants to switch or not, if Vi can be at O17 for the monster's approach, that allows her better casting position than from the back row... So, if O17 is a reasonable starting position...[/ooc]
[ooc]Not an issue. She's be relocated when I post again.[/ooc]
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:17 pm

[ooc]New map posted. Seems I forgot to make the creature visible in maptool. :blush:[/ooc]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:22 pm

[ooc]Query: L18 is obviously a 'squeezed' square (half of it is rock) - but would M18 also be considered 'squeezed' for a medium character? (I see only about 25% of the area being rock)[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 pm

admin wrote:[ooc]Query: L18 is obviously a 'squeezed' square (half of it is rock) - but would M18 also be considered 'squeezed' for a medium character? (I see only about 25% of the area being rock)[/ooc]
[ooc]M18 would be fine.[/ooc]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:14 pm

[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:
admin wrote:Query: L18 is obviously a 'squeezed' square (half of it is rock) - but would M18 also be considered 'squeezed' for a medium character? (I see only about 25% of the area being rock)
M18 would be fine
ok - I was thinking of doing this with Mak but was wondering if it was doable rule wise...!!??!!??[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:23 am

admin wrote:[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:
admin wrote:Query: L18 is obviously a 'squeezed' square (half of it is rock) - but would M18 also be considered 'squeezed' for a medium character? (I see only about 25% of the area being rock)
M18 would be fine
ok - I was thinking of doing this with Mak but was wondering if it was doable rule wise...!!??!!??[/ooc]
[ooc]The rules for invisibility will apply. Specify your action and I will let you know if it would be legal. If you intend to move to M18, through the creature's space, while invisible, that would be legal, but you'd be exposed to any sensory abilities not hindered by invisibility. Your group knows some things about this creature.Yes, I will permit the action. But understand that your action holds risk of detection.[/ooc]
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:39 pm

[ooc]I'm missing an action from Ryder. Will be posting tomorrow.[/ooc]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:30 pm

[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:The rules for invisibility will apply. Specify your action and I will let you know if it would be legal. If you intend to move to M18, through the creature's space, while invisible, that would be legal, but you'd be exposed to any sensory abilities not hindered by invisibility. Your group knows some things about this creature.Yes, I will permit the action. But understand that your action holds risk of detection.
ok then - Mak will keep on his original plan, and fire his crossbow at the creature in the surprise round while it is Squeezed (-4 to AC if Medium Sized) at M18[/ooc]
[ooc]Carter Jenkins waits until the creature is in view before starting to sing...[/ooc]

Surprise Round
Attack:[dice]0[/dice]
Damage: [dice]1[/dice]
Round #1
Mak will FoB the creature:
FoB #1 Attack: [dice]2[/dice]
FoB #1 Damage: [dice]3[/dice]
FoB #2 Attack: [dice]4[/dice]
FoB #2 Damage: [dice]5[/dice]
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:55 pm

admin wrote:[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:The rules for invisibility will apply. Specify your action and I will let you know if it would be legal. If you intend to move to M18, through the creature's space, while invisible, that would be legal, but you'd be exposed to any sensory abilities not hindered by invisibility. Your group knows some things about this creature.Yes, I will permit the action. But understand that your action holds risk of detection.
ok then - Mak will keep on his original plan, and fire his crossbow at the creature in the surprise round while it is Squeezed (-4 to AC if Medium Sized) at M18[/ooc]
[ooc]Carter Jenkins waits until the creature is in view before starting to sing...[/ooc]

Surprise Round
Attack:[dice]84340:0[/dice]
Damage: [dice]84340:1[/dice]
Round #1
Mak will FoB the creature:
FoB #1 Attack: [dice]84340:2[/dice]
FoB #1 Damage: [dice]84340:3[/dice]
FoB #2 Attack: [dice]84340:4[/dice]
FoB #2 Damage: [dice]84340:5[/dice]
[ooc]Just to clarify, at what square are you making this attack for the creature being squeezed. Specify the square the creature is in to be squeezed when you attack. You're making a ranged attack with the crossbow. You're then following up with a flurry of blows using what, fists, stars, kata?[/ooc]
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:58 pm

[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:Just to clarify, at what square are you making this attack for the creature being squeezed. Specify the square the creature is in to be squeezed when you attack. You're making a ranged attack with the crossbow. You're then following up with a flurry of blows using what, fists, stars, kata?
Certainly:
Squeezed (crossbow) attack: M18
Flurry of Blows: Using kicks when the creature gets at N18 (Yes Mak still retains his crossbow in hand)[/ooc]
admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:45 am

Knowledge: Dungeoneering DC 14 to identify.Show
Tentamort
Based on die roll, I will PM that person any results that differ from what you have already learned of this thing from notes you found.
With Durmisht Mak and Ryder invisible, The creature continues to drag itself across the floor, all its eyes focused on the first it sees, Storm. Then some shift to Vi, then Carter respectively. Being invisible, and anxiously waiting to strike, Durmisht as an opp attack plus a surprise attack. Mak and Ryder each have a surprise attack. Then everyone who intends on attacking gets to act.
  • Opp Attack
    1. Durmisht <--- Single Action Only Foiled
  • Surprise Round
    1. Mak <--- Single Action Taken
    2. Durmisht <--- Single Action Taken
    3. Ryder AND Storm <--- Single Action Missed
    4. Carter <--- Single Action Taken
    5. Vi <--- Single Action Pending
    6. Yiri <--- Single Action Pending
  • Round One
    1. Mak <--- Full Action
    2. Durmisht <--- Full Action
    3. Ryder AND Storm <--- Full Action
    4. Carter <--- Full Action
    5. Vi <--- Full Action
    6. Yiri <--- Full Action
    7. Creature <--- Full Action
The creature enters into view of every and Durmisht is poised to strike as the creature moves past him, but to Durmisht's surprise, Mak does not wait for the creature to come into the chamber and makes a ranged attack verse the creature. His bolt hits the creature below its ring of eyes, and you almost think you see its eyes wince from the sting. Ready and alert, Durmisht takes his surprise attack, losing the chance to strike the creature had it moved in closer. Fortunately though, to Durmisht's advantage, with Mak attacking ahead of the planned attack, his attack does hit, where before there was a good chance nether of his attacks may have. Durmisht's broad sword slices deeply into the creature's body. Seems however, that Ryder and Storm were not ready for Mak's preemptive ranged attack and miss their chance to attack. Carter fills the chamber with an inspiring ruse you heard him sing once before. His song fills you all with heightened focus and enthusiasm. With the creature in sight Carter tries to recall what it is, but he's only able to recall it's name, Tentamort, at this time.
OUT OF CHARACTER
For Vi's attack, Burning Hands, She would now need to step into the doorway to effect the creature. Will Vi do this?

OUT OF CHARACTER
For Mak to use his flurry, he'll need to step forward to meet the creature. Will he do this?

(Creature, 4+15 Damage)
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm expecting, assuming I'm right with Attack of Opportunity, that Durmisht would be posting three actions, a first SINGLE OPP ACTION for the creature passing through the first threatened square, a second SINGLE SURPRISE ACTION because Durmisht was Invisible, and a Third FULL ACTION for the full round action, Round One. I think it would be two single actions because, Durm would get the opp attack, and if taken, would still get the surprise attack with the others because he was invisible. I'm expecting Mak, Ryder, Carter, Vi and Yiri to post two actions, each a Single Surprise Action and a Full Round Action. Ryder and Mak still get the surprise action because no mater Durmisht's actions, they still are invisible to the creature. Carter Vi and Yiri get the surprise action because they won the surprise check.

[ae]
  • Party
    • Carter 39/39
      • Bardic Performance - Inspire Courage (+1 morale bonus vs charm and fear effects, +1 competence bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls
      • Bardic Performance used = 4/13 rounds
    • Durmisht 43/57
    • Mak 34/52
    • Ryder 39/39
    • Storm 22/30
    • Vi 36/36
    • Yiri 38/39
      • Life Link for Mak, Durmisht, Ryder, and Storm
  • Foe
    • Creature ??
[/ae]
OUT OF CHARACTER
To be as soon as everyone has posted. I have my afternoons AND weekends to myself now.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:24 pm

[ooc]
Duniagdra wrote:For Mak to use his flurry, he'll need to step forward to meet the creature. Will he do this?
YES TOTALLY!!
This will keep the creature squeezed thus giving it -4 to all its attacks, -4 to its Armor Class, -4 to its CMB and a -4 to CMD!!!
referencesShow
Combat rules:
CMB: Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll
CMD: Any penalties to a creature's AC also apply to its CMD.
[/ooc]

admin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 am

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
For Vi's attack, Burning Hands, She would now need to step into the doorway to effect the creature. Will Vi do this?

[ooc]I'm still waiting on confirmation from patransom.[/ooc]
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Duniagdra wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

[ooc]I'm still waiting on confirmation from patransom.[/ooc]
[ooc]Sorry for the delay. Yes, Vi will do this.[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:33 pm

[ooc]I will continue Sunday.[/ooc]
Image Image

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Carter Jenkins will continue to sing, hoping to inspire his companions in this final fight. As he does, he will unlimber his whip and strike at the tentamort.

[ooc]Bardic Performance used = 5/13 rounds

Attack
[dice]0[/dice][/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:47 am

Knowledge: Dungeoneering DC 14 to identify.Show
Tentamort
Based on die roll, I will PM that person any results that differ from what you have already learned of this thing from notes you found.
With Durmisht Mak and Ryder invisible, The creature continues to drag itself across the floor, all its eyes focused on the first it sees, Storm. Then some shift to Vi, then Carter respectively. Being invisible, and anxiously waiting to strike, Durmisht as an opp attack plus a surprise attack. Mak and Ryder each have a surprise attack. Then everyone who intends on attacking gets to act.
  • Opp Attack
    1. Durmisht <--- Single Action Only Foiled
  • Surprise Round
    1. Mak <--- Single Action Taken
    2. Durmisht <--- Single Action Taken
    3. Ryder AND Storm <--- Single Action Missed
    4. Carter <--- Single Action Taken
    5. Vi <--- Single Action Pending
    6. Yiri <--- Single Action Pending
  • Round One
    1. Mak <--- Full Action
    2. Durmisht <--- Full Action
    3. Ryder AND Storm <--- Full Action
    4. Carter <--- Full Action
    5. Vi <--- Full Action
    6. Yiri <--- Full Action
    7. Creature <--- Full Action
The creature enters into view of every and Durmisht is poised to strike as the creature moves past him, but to Durmisht's surprise, Mak does not wait for the creature to come into the chamber and makes a ranged attack verse the creature. His bolt hits the creature below its ring of eyes, and you almost think you see its eyes wince from the sting. Ready and alert, Durmisht takes his surprise attack, losing the chance to strike the creature had it moved in closer. Fortunately though, to Durmisht's advantage, with Mak attacking ahead of the planned attack, his attack does hit, where before there was a good chance nether of his attacks may have. Durmisht's broad sword slices deeply into the creature's body. Seems however, that Ryder and Storm were not ready for Mak's preemptive ranged attack and miss their chance to attack. Carter fills the chamber with an inspiring ruse you heard him sing once before. His song fills you all with heightened focus and enthusiasm. With the creature in sight Carter tries to recall what it is, but he's only able to recall it's name, Tentamort, at this time. Vi adjusts her position and reaches from the doorway toward the creature and baths it in a curtain of flames.
Mak then steps forward to meet the tentamort head-on and attempts to flurry the creature. While his first strike connects, his second misses. Durmisht follows up with another mighty blow, and thanks to Vi's flaming bath, is able to bring the beast down. The creature's tentacles continue to flail about, but gradually lessen over moments as its life drains out in a puddle beneath it, it's would having taken their toll.
(Creature, 4+15+6(or 3 if half)+8+12 Damage, Unconscious, Dying)
Tentamort dice rollShow
Reflex Save DC15 for half[dice]0[/dice]
A search of the chambers reveal little worth taking back, and any attempts to discover anything of magic turn up nothing.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I'm expecting, assuming I'm right with Attack of Opportunity, that Durmisht would be posting three actions, a first SINGLE OPP ACTION for the creature passing through the first threatened square, a second SINGLE SURPRISE ACTION because Durmisht was Invisible, and a Third FULL ACTION for the full round action, Round One. I think it would be two single actions because, Durm would get the opp attack, and if taken, would still get the surprise attack with the others because he was invisible. I'm expecting Mak, Ryder, Carter, Vi and Yiri to post two actions, each a Single Surprise Action and a Full Round Action. Ryder and Mak still get the surprise action because no mater Durmisht's actions, they still are invisible to the creature. Carter Vi and Yiri get the surprise action because they won the surprise check.

[ae]
  • Party
    • Carter 39/39
      • Bardic Performance - Inspire Courage (+1 morale bonus vs charm and fear effects, +1 competence bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls
      • Bardic Performance used = 4/13 rounds
    • Durmisht 43/57
    • Mak 34/52
    • Ryder 39/39
    • Storm 22/30
    • Vi 36/36
    • Yiri 38/39
      • Life Link for Mak, Durmisht, Ryder, and Storm
  • Foe
    • Creature ??
[/ae]
[ooc]Notice I have more to post that will be bring in a new player. Everyone's total Experience should be 9,636, including the tentamort.[/ooc]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Mak grins [talk]That went well![/talk]
THINKING: Darn good thing we hit this creature while it was hampered by the wall
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:00 pm

[talk]Well, if there's nothing here that's of interest or value, why don't we head back to town. We can heal up and trade some of the items that we've found down here. Anyone got other ideas?,[/talk] asks Carter Jenkins.

The bard is ready to head back if the others also wish to go.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 pm

[ooc]Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we explored the northern part of the room, where the Tentamort came from!
So if that is the case, Mak will lead the party over there...[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:07 pm

admin wrote:[ooc]Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we explored the northern part of the room, where the Tentamort came from!
So if that is the case, Mak will lead the party over there...[/ooc]
[ooc]Yes, I know this area remained, but since you're in such a rush... :d100:[/ooc]Venturing into the larger chambers, you find nothing but bones of seagulls and goblins, nothing until a glint catches the eye of one of you. Closer examination reveals the skeletal remains of a goblin still garbed in hide armor. Even closer examination shows the armor to be made of dog hides and is of excellent quality. Beside the same body is a masterfully crafted dog slicer and short bow. Detect magic reveals the armor to be magical. Armor and weapons are of small size.[ooc]The hide armor is +1 Doghide armor.[/ooc]
Image Image

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:58 am

[talk]Whoa! Good thing that you thought to look here, Mak!,[/talk] exclaims Carter as he carefully pats his companion on the back. [talk]I can't wear it but maybe someone else can. If nothing else, it will fetch a pretty penny in the market.[/talk]

The bard is about to leave but turns to his companions and asks, [talk]Is there anywhere else that we need to search?[/talk]

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 pm

[talk]I'm pretty sure that covers most of the area.[/talk] says Durmisht. [ooc]Just a quick question, are we using the fast XP progression or the medium?[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm

marine7312000 wrote:[talk]I'm pretty sure that covers most of the area.[/talk] says Durmisht. [ooc]Just a quick question, are we using the fast XP progression or the medium?[/ooc]
Fast
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm

[talk]Well then, we can sell these![/talk] Mak says, hoping for a few golds to buy an item.

Assuming we have searched ALL the areas here: [talk]All right folks, let's get back to Sandpoint![/talk]

[ooc]Can we sell our loot and SPLIT the $$?
Can we buy stuff in Sandpoint?[/ooc]
Thanks!!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:05 pm

admin wrote:[talk]Well then, we can sell these![/talk] Mak says, hoping for a few golds to buy an item.

Assuming we have searched ALL the areas here: [talk]All right folks, let's get back to Sandpoint![/talk]

[ooc]Can we sell our loot and SPLIT the $$?
Can we buy stuff in Sandpoint?[/ooc]
[ooc]Yes, this thread is done. Use this thread or the treasure thread to trade or sell your things, on the assumption that you get to Sandpoint.

Sorry for the delay. I'm bringing two new players into Runelords. I'm just finalizing some things with them and I'll get a new thread started.[/ooc]
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:13 pm

Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Everyone's total Experience should be 9,636, including the tentamort.[/ooc]
Hey that's 364 Xp left for level 5 !! :thumb1:
admin

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”