[RotR] Burnt Offerings - Unexpected Meet

Moderator: Duniagdra

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[RotR] Burnt Offerings - Unexpected Meet

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:12 pm

With all collected that could be collected from Thistletop, the six of you exit and follow the path back to the main road. There's commotion ahead and when you reach the mail road, you come upon two travelers in an obvious hurry. They have not yet seen you, but there's a clear sight of dread on their expressions. You hear one of the two mention something about bugbears still after them, and you realize their concern. From your position, you look east and sure enough, only a couple hundred yards behind these two are a small band of bugbears racing after them, a team of hounds at their lead.[ooc]PM being sent[/ooc]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Re: [RotR] Burnt Offerings - Unexpected Meet

Post by marine7312000 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Durmisht takes one look at the situation and yells [yell]HURRY UP FRIENDS! EIGHT STAND A BETTER CHANCE THAN TWO![/yell] as he draws his sword.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Seeing more trouble ahead, Mak drinks up a Potion of CLW
[dice]0[/dice]
Mak: 39/52

He then prepares his Repeating crossbow, wondering if this will be his last opportunity to use the magical device that he received as a Load from Sandpoint.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer

JeffK88
EARL
EARL

Post by JeffK88 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:12 pm

"I give to you a hasty greetings and well met friends, you sure are a sight for sore eyes"

Assuming we aren't in "combat" rounds requiring an initiative, i will move next to the individual on the far right with "ak" in their name, and draw my weapons.

If we are requiring an initiative, I will wait for that request, make my initiative and await my turn.
Image Ash Reacone - Human Cleric

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Carter Jenkins shakes out his whip and prepares to welcome these newcomers. In his experience, bugbears are rarely friends of adventurers.

[ooc]Have we bumped up to level 5 yet?[/ooc]
Image Worrel: Half-elf /Undead Scourge

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:05 am

Bugbears. I hate bugbears. Why did it have to be bugbears?

Angling her horse to move upwards at an angle, Vanya will head for H-13 where she will turn to face the oncoming horde and draw her bow.

[yell]If ya want to help in takin' out the foul beasts, I certainly won't complain![/yell]

[ooc]If we need to wait for initiative then I will certainly do so and make my movement at the appropriate time[/ooc]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow
Image Vanya: Half-Elf / Rogue
~ Slip Gallows Abbey - Player ~ | Kasidra: Tiefling / Paladin
Image Tessara: Half-Elf / Rogue
Image Roxana: Half-Elf / Magus

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:57 pm

[ooc]I'll allow some time for anyone else to post, who has not yet posted that wishes to, before putting you in rounds. The bugbears are about two hundred yards, six hundred feet from you, so with double moves, they would be on you in roughly one minute.[/ooc]
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Suddenly realizing how far away the bugbears are, Durmisht sheaths his sword and pulls out his heavy crossbow.

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:14 pm

[talk]Carter, feel like singing one of your inspirational songs when the bugbears get within firing range?[/talk] Mak asks as he prepares to aim at the bugbears.
Duniagdra wrote:...The bugbears are about two hundred yards, six hundred feet from you, so with double moves, they would be on you in roughly one minute.
1 min = 10 rounds: Mak will start firing his repeating crossbow when the foes are 5 rounds away, and fire from round #5 down to round #1 (so 5,4,3,2,1)
His ranged bonus is +6 (+7 if Carter inspires him)
The range increment of his repeating-crossbow is 80' so:
0 - 80': --
81' - 160': -2 to attack
161' - 240': -4 to attack
241' - 320': -6 to attack
321' - 400': -8 to attack

I do not know the distance the bugbears will be, so you'll need to figure that. Mak will try to aim/fire at the closest Bugbear.
His d20 attack rolls (YOU WILL NEED TO ADJUST AS PER ABOVE for range bonus, distance & Inspire Courage) are: (from 'far away' to 'close')
FAR:[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
CLOSE (1 round away) [dice]4[/dice]

I'll roll dmg if anything hits (or you can roll it if you will: 1d8+1 +inspire courage)

admin

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:19 am

[ooc]Vi's status at the end of the tentamort fight was:

[ae]Mage armor on Vi and Mak, around 3 hours remaining

Magic Missile charges used: 7
Elemental Rays used: 2
1st level spells used: 3
2nd level spells used: 3
Action points used: 6/7[/ae]
Is the mage armor still up? If not, she will cast it on herself again. Otherwise, she will wait until the bugbears are within two rounds of movement to do anything.[/ooc]

JeffK88
EARL
EARL

Post by JeffK88 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:06 pm

I will cast Longstrider, then Magic Circle Against Evil, and Bless before they arrive. Then prepare for melee combat in square C17.

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Carter will nod in response to Mak's request. "Sure thing, once they get close enough."

The two new people haven't heard his singing before so this should be a treat for them. The human bard is certain that they will appreciate his performance and the assistance that it will give them.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

[ooc]Before I initiate rounds, is there anyone else who might be making ranged attacks as the bugbears approach?

So far I have Mak with a ranged attack set up and Durmisht with his crossbow ready.
Marine, you wish me to roll your attacks, like Mak?
Patransom, yes, mage armor is still up (2.5 hours approximate)
Ealdwulf, make ready your plans
My next post will have you in rounds.[/ooc]
Image Image

marine7312000
DUKE
DUKE

Post by marine7312000 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 am

[ooc]I'll roll them.[/ooc] Durmisht loads his heavy crossbow and takes aim at one of the bugbears. He begins shooting immediately and shoots every other round. His ranged bonus is +6 and his range increment is 120' so
0-120': --
121-240': -2
241-360: -4
361-480: -6
481-600:-8

First attack/ first round: [dice]0[/dice] [dice]5[/dice]
Second attack/ third round: [dice]1[/dice][dice]6[/dice]
Third attack/ fifth round: [dice]2[/dice] [dice]7[/dice]
Fourth Attack/ seventh round: [dice]3[/dice] [dice]8[/dice]
Fifth attack/ ninth round: [dice]4[/dice] [dice]9[/dice]
Confirmation roll for Critical and damage for attack: [dice]10[/dice] [dice]11[/dice]
Attacks are rolled with the bugbears closing in by one range increment every other round. Carter's singing is not figured into these attacks.

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:31 pm

[ooc]Based upon the distance of the bugbears and hounds and the range of her bow. I will hold off firing until they are a little closer before releasing an arrow per round.

You will need to make adjustments based upon the bard's Inspire Courage and range modifiers[/ooc]

Range Increment: 70 | Ranged Attack Bonus: +7
0-70': -
71-140': -2
141-210: -4
211-280: -6
281-350: -8

at round 5 start firing when approximately 300' away.

Attack: [dice]0[/dice]Damage: [dice]1[/dice]

Attack: [dice]2[/dice]Damage: [dice]3[/dice]

Attack: [dice]4[/dice]Damage: [dice]5[/dice]

Attack: [dice]6[/dice]Damage: [dice]7[/dice]

Attack: [dice]8[/dice]Damage: [dice]9[/dice]
~~~
Ealdwulf
"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist" ~ The Usual Suspects

SpoilerShow

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:55 am

[ooc]My deepest apologies for this delay. I've become unexpectedly busy with some side work I've taken up. [yell]and its driving me nuts![/yell][/ooc]
Durmisht takes one look at the situation and yells [yell]HURRY UP FRIENDS! EIGHT STAND A BETTER CHANCE THAN TWO![/yell] as he draws his sword. Seeing more trouble ahead, Mak drinks up a potion and heals some of his wounds. With time to spare, he readies his repeating crossbow. I give to you a hasty greetings and well met friends, you sure are a sight for sore eyes. Carter Jenkins shakes out his whip and prepares to welcome these newcomers. In his experience, bugbears are rarely friends of adventurers. Bugbears. I hate bugbears. Why did it have to be bugbears? Angling her horse to move upwards at an angle, Vanya will head for H-13 where she will turn to face the oncoming horde and draw her bow. [yell]If ya want to help in takin' out the foul beasts, I certainly won't complain![/yell] Suddenly realizing how far away the bugbears are, Durmisht sheaths his sword and pulls out his heavy crossbow. [talk]Carter, feel like singing one of your inspirational songs when the bugbears get within firing range?[/talk] Mak asks as he prepares to aim at the bugbears. Durmisht loads his heavy crossbow and takes aim at one of the bugbears. He begins shooting immediately. Based upon the distance of the bugbears and hounds and the range of her bow, Vanya will hold off firing until they are a little closer before joining the volley. Vi and Ash begin casting spells as Durmisht is setting sail his arrows with Mak and Vanya joining in once the bugbears are closer. Carter begins singing a lute that fills you all with gusto.

As the bugbears get in closer, the accuracy of the ranged engagement grows increasingly accurate. Soon, a few bugbears fall tot he ground which brings a sudden stop to the spirited advance. Unexpectedly, the bugbears turn heel and flee off into the woods, scattering. Ash and Vanya are both winded, but show a great relief in the timing of meeting at just the right time.

[ooc]Experience Award for scaring off the bugbear chase: 450.
This SHOULD put everyone over 5th level. If not, then put yourself at 5th level with 3 points over.[/ooc]
Image Image

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm

Carter Jenkins twirls his whip with a flourish before coiling it carefully, grinning all the while. The human bard smiles at the new arrivals before speaking, [talk]Where did you find your friends back there? I guess they didn't want to take on the likes of us.[/talk]

[talk]I'm Carter Jenkins, entertainer and public voice of my companions here. I'll let them introduce themselves but I, for one, always welcome a new audience. Where are you tow from?[/talk]

OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice]0[/dice]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:03 pm

[ooc]
JPetherick wrote:HP Roll:
JPetherick rolled 1d8 and got a total of 2:
Happy news for you :)
For Hit Points, we have been using the system provided in the Notes section of the PbP: Rise of the Runelords FORM!!
You'll get a bit more HPs with that!!

Mak HPs: [dice]0[/dice]

admin[/ooc]

JPetherick
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by JPetherick » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:10 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
HP Roll (again)
[dice]0[/dice]

JeffK88
EARL
EARL

Post by JeffK88 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 am

Do I just post a new character sheet to my characters forum?

Hitpoints:

[dice]0[/dice]

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 am

[ooc]
JeffK88 wrote:Do I just post a new character sheet to my characters forum?
You can post it in the same thread as the 'Ash Reacone - Human Cleric' thread in the Adventurer's section.[/ooc]
admin

Ealdwulf
BARON
BARON

Post by Ealdwulf » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:55 am

JPetherick wrote:Carter Jenkins twirls his whip with a flourish before coiling it carefully, grinning all the while. The human bard smiles at the new arrivals before speaking, [talk]Where did you find your friends back there? I guess they didn't want to take on the likes of us.[/talk]

[talk]I'm Carter Jenkins, entertainer and public voice of my companions here. I'll let them introduce themselves but I, for one, always welcome a new audience. Where are you tow from?[/talk]
[talk]Friends, he says.[/talk] Vanya mutters to herself with a snort. [talk]I can see why you are an entertainer. Them beasties have been running after us for a while now. I for one am glad that ye were here to help drive off.[/talk]

[talk]As for who I am, my Name is Vanya, and while you might say I have been an entertainer of various sorts in the past while living in Riddleport, my most recent duties had me workin' with the Varisian caravans as guard, scout, and occasional entertainer.[/talk]
~~~
Ealdwulf

SpoilerShow

JeffK88
EARL
EARL

Post by JeffK88 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:49 am

<Grumble> "Stupid bugbears. Great meeting you folks out here, I am not sure how much longer I could have ran. I am Ash Reacone."

[ooc]I am wielding two light maces.[/ooc]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:08 pm

[ooc]I'm sorry for the delay. I'm doing all I can to get this moving again. In addition to extra work i've taken up for someone, I'm needing to build up maptool for module 2. Yes, we've completed Module 1, Burnt Offering. Everyone should have submitted there 5th level characters.[/ooc]

With the bugbears having retreated, the group of you investigate the terrain through which they passed. The bodies of those felled by your areal assault reveal nothing of value or use. the weapons are of crude or poor quality and the armor tattered or just pieces, possibly the reason they fled as they did. Eventually you return to Sandpoint and provide a full account of all that transpired to Kendra Deverin (mayor), Belor Hemlock (sheriff), and a few other persons of import in Sandpoint. Mak returns to Savah's Armory and gives back the repeating crossbow. He's saddened to an extent that he never really got to make full use of the weapon. Durmisht inquires about an exchange for his broad sword for a greatsword of a similar type and is told to return in a week for an answer. Yiri and Ryder break ties with the group and venture off to other parts of the realm, but having Ash and Vanya keep the group rounded.

For time all seems to have settled. Reports from Shalelu Andosana during her many long excursions into the surrounding wilds show the goblin tribes returning to their usual unorganizational squabbling and fighting between themselves and that the Thistletop tribe has completely disbanded due to its own internal instability. For a time, peace seems to be the welcome norm again. Durmisht eventually gets his request fulfilled and turns over his broad sword for his preferred greatsword. Savah also assists you in liquidating all that is opted for sale and does what she can to procure things you seek that may not be available at Sandpoint.

[ooc]I am still working on a web site that I've been hired for. But I will do all I can to at least get the setting open for the next module. I will have another look at the treasure thread to see where we've come with regard for what you plan to keep and to whom what goes, and what gets sold. The party loot share will determine everyone's buying ability.[/ooc]
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:10 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
[dice=totalonly]0[/dice]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:14 pm

I haven't forgotten you guys. RL issues have taken hold, nothing health-wise, just time consuming. I've been taking what available time I've had to read up on the second module so I know how to proceed with the next thread that will begin module two (AKA chapter two). Let me remind anyone familiar with Runelords that as a player you may know something, but as a character you only know what has thus far been revealed. I'm switching us to the anniversary edition, as a file corruption cost me the individual modules for Runelords and paizo no longer has the individual modules in my downloads since my purchasing the anniversary edition. I'm looking to have the new thread up in the next week or two and am hopping the intrigue and mystery involved will excite you and keep your interest. By PbP it will be difficult to maintain a fast pace, but I will do all I can to manage the minimum of a weekly update.
Image Image

Return to “Rise of the RuneLords: Archives”