[PbP] Legacy of Fire - Two Opening

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[PbP] Legacy of Fire - Two Opening

Post by Duniagdra »

You MUST have an active subscription for consideration.

Hi. I have two opening. The Characters currently available is Sabine, Human Alchemist and Kroft. We're currently at the end of the first module of Legacy of Fire from the Pathfinder Adventure Path Series. Anyone interested please post here for consideration. There WILL BE a chance to bring in your own character.

You MUST have an active TOS+ Subscription to participate.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [PbP] Legacy of Fire - Two Opening

Post by Duniagdra »

It's been decided by my current players that they'd prefer continuing as an infrequent game until my time frees up again. I'm still looking for two players. I'll retrieve the guidelines for character creation.
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

PbP FORM

Title: Legacy of Fire

Brief description: Active Subscription to TOS+ Forums & TOS+ v3.410 or newer required.
Prologue
In the beginning, when Rovagug perfected the way of destruction, the lands were littered with the dead. Crows, maggots, beetles, worms, and the other crawling things of the earth complained to Rovagug.
[talk]You destroy and maim too quickly![/talk] they cried. [talk]We cannot devour all the meat you give us! Please, destroy the people of the earth more slowly.[/talk]
[talk]What?[/talk] shouted Rovagug, in a voice that toppled pillars. [talk]My glorious destruction shall never cease nor slow![/talk]
Yet in the dark, delighting in the destruction god’s slaughter, watched Lamashtu, the Mother of Monsters, and she heard the base things cry. In those black days when all the land was covered with death and all the air stank, she watched as a few tribes of men, her followers and devout worshipers, ate the flesh of corpses as the crows did, plucking out eyes, savoring the bloodiest cuts. To these cannibals she led packs of hyenas, and their ways became as one. Of those louse-ridden beastmen rose the first gnolls, half-hyenas who love the stench of carrion and praise each corpse as an offering to their dark mother. And the demon queen delighted in her own perversion and reveled in these monsters’ terrible howling songs.
Born of devastation, and insanity, and the corrupt of soul, the man-beasts spread upon the world, and where they prowled they indulged in their hunger for murdered flesh. Surely, they are to be despised by any sane god, and so we make ceaseless war on those who seek to feed on the bodies of heroes and innocents. And somewhere in the madness between the stars, the Mother of Perversion and the Mistress of Insanity still laughs her wicked laugh, as her ravening spawn, the bone gnawers and carrion eaters, grow fat off our flesh.
Gnolls are among the first abominations, and their death is a blessing. Remember this when their laughter haunts your steps.

Adventure Background
The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies in particular, the efreeti Jhavhul and the djinni Nefeshti, have warped the Pale Mountain region, twisting fate and contorting coincidence to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. Not far from Jhavhul’s old temple, these tangled strands have ensnared a young merchant princess named Almah, who seeks a new future for the ruined battle market village of Kelmarane at the foot of the Brazen Peaks. Most importantly, the wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers—not any genie—who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.
The mysterious Pactmasters of Katapesh, masked rulers of this mercantile desert kingdom, desire to bring the abandoned battle market village of Kelmarane back into the economic fold. To this end, they recently assigned Almah the task of scouting out the village, clearing it of malign influence, and getting it working again. The PCs are to serve as Almah’s agents in this affair.
In the years since Kelmarane was left to ruin, the little town has become a haven for gnoll slavers, human bandits, and disreputable brigands from the rough-and-tumble northlands. The gnolls pose a particular problem, as all of the local packs cower under the claws of the Carrion King, a legendary gnoll sovereign who rules from a stronghold on Pale Mountain—the ruins of Jhavhul’s ancient House of the Beast. This unity of purpose poses a significant threat to the Pactmasters, who rely upon open trade from the neighboring nation of Osirion to thrive.

Adventure Summary
As the campaign begins, the player characters are mercenaries heading out into the northern scrublands of Katapesh on the camels of a patron named Garavel, the major domo of a merchant princess named Almah. Perhaps the characters are runaway slaves seeking a better tomorrow and the freedom a woman of Almah’s station can grant. Other characters might be traveling merchants looking to make a powerful ally, criminals forced into a service to Garavel as punishment, or simple desert scum in search of adventure. The Legacy of Fire Player’s Guide presents several possible options for PCs to join Garavel’s caravan, but in the end it doesn’t matter who they are or where they come from—events have conspired to mire them here, on the edge of nowhere, at the border between cracked-dirt scrubland and the treacherous Brazen Peaks.

Rule System: The backdrop will be Pathfinder RPG (D&D 3.75 Ed) and will follow the Pathfinder Core Rule Set.

Validation Frequency: Tuesday and Friday, or more if player activity allows.

Min/Max Number of Players: 4-6 I may even take players to be NPCs. Still toying there.

Start Date: In Progress.

Source Books Allowed: All Pathfinder RPG content, PF CRB, Advanced Player's Guide (soon to be released), and any PF RPG source material still to be released 9pending approval).

Classes and Races Allowed: All classes, Races available through PF, DM approval required. Prestige packages MAY be permitted later on in game.

Starting Level of PCs: 1, currently 3rd. Level Progression will be Fast.

Stats Generation: Use Invisible Castle (create use account if needed, it's free.) with the following filled in:
  1. Character Name: Enter your character's name
  2. Campaign Name: Duni's LoF
  3. Number of rolls: 6
  4. Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)
  5. Notes: Anything you wish.
Each character is to include:
  • From LoF Player's Guide
  • 1 Region Trait
  • 1 Race Trait
  • 1 Campaign Trait
  • From the Web Enhancement Character Traits
  • 1 of any of the four available categories: Combat, Faith, Magic, Social.
The WECTs are mostly build into TOS+ v3.4xx and can be found at the bottom of the ALL FEATS list on the BACK Sheet.
Pick your traits and put them into TOS+, or let me know and I'll write them into your sheet.
HP will be using MAX Die + CON + 6.

Starting Equipment/Wealth: Starting Wealth will be average and is found HERE. All equipment is available with The Adventurers Armory pending approval by selection.

Background Information: Your background is to include all the Traits you've selected as stipulated above and anything else you care to elaborate on. Following your background will be your character's appearance, and then personality.

End Conditions: TPK of campaign completion.

About ME: I'm dedicated. I keep my games running and try to keep them going at a quick and steady pace.

Notes: If something comes up, and you are unable to post for your character, please be respectful and let me know if you wish a player to cover your character in your absence or if you have to drop out.

Leveling HP rolls will use the following system:
  • 1d4...1d2+2
  • 1d6...1d3+3
  • 1d8...1d4+4
  • 1d10...1d5+5
  • 1d12...1d6+6
This means that if your character rolls a 1d8 each level, you now roll 1d4+4 instead.

New update regarding the Four Traits required.

If you find that one of the four traits you have to have does not mesh with your character concept, you may drop it in trade for ONE feat from any of the complete books. This change must be noted on the Notes W/S in your character TOS+ file.

NOTE: This is NOT gaining you an extra feat! This is allowing you the privilege to select your normally allowed feat from a source outside that I have specified. AND ONLY THIS ONCE! Your are still required to have a campaign trait regardless.

Signature: D
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Due to an address change, I currently have no internet, other than through my phone. Per resent messaging I have one interest in LOF. That leaves one opening left. I'm hoping on the next couple months I'll be back on line.
Image Image

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”