Replacement Player - Madragar Campaign [CLOSED]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Replacement Player - Madragar Campaign [CLOSED]

Post by klakxor »

Unfortunately, I have not heard or seen Linusmundane online in months. He has not logged in to the boards or responded to IM or PM, so I must make the decision to replace him.

Therefore I have an open spot in the second group for Madragar. I would like someone to take over Jaamus (linusmundane's character) with the intention of playing him until there would be a good opening to bring him out of the game and bring in a new character (unless you decide you would like to keep him).

Any interested parties can reply here or PM me.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Re: Replacement Player - Madragar Campaign

Post by klakxor »

I still have two spots open if anyone would like to play.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I've never played PbP, but if you're willing, I'm game for a game, klakxor... what are requirements? Still need someone to cover that character or...
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I have 2 characters, Jaamus Fireforge and Ween Darkblade who have missing players. I have been NPC'ing them and would give you the choice of taking one of them over or generating your own.

I attached the TOS files for Ween and Jaamus for you to look over.

You can also check this thread if you would like to try your own character out.

This is the Madragar Group 2 campaign, so you can read through the story so far and see where we are at.

My PbP usually run pretty slow, as I validate actions about once a week and at times get backed up and miss validations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

klakxor wrote:I have 2 characters, Jaamus Fireforge and Ween Darkblade who have missing players. I have been NPC'ing them and would give you the choice of taking one of them over or generating your own.

I attached the TOS files for Ween and Jaamus for you to look over.

You can also check this thread if you would like to try your own character out.

This is the Madragar Group 2 campaign, so you can read through the story so far and see where we are at.

My PbP usually run pretty slow, as I validate actions about once a week and at times get backed up and miss validations.
I looked over the 2 TOS+ Characters and I have to be honest - I've never played a gnome or dwarf and was never keen on them from the get-go. However, it's all D&D to step up to new hights, even if they might be not so high. If you want, I'll play the dwarf Jaamus to the best of my imagination.

Has there been any game play? I followed the link you gave, but all I found was 13 posts on one page. Did this get started?
Image Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Here is the forum for the game

Jaamus is actually pretty important at this point in the adventure (as they are in dwarven mines and he is the only dwarf in the party). You can read through all the threads in there.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

klakxor wrote:Here is the forum for the game

Jaamus is actually pretty important at this point in the adventure (as they are in dwarven mines and he is the only dwarf in the party). You can read through all the threads in there.
Okay, it's 4:45 eastern and time for me to lock down my building. I'll check it out when I get home after 6. Playing PbP is really new to me, so we'll see if I can contribute. Playing an existing character can be a challenge since I'll have to try and pick up his style and traits. I have homework to do it seems. If you have trouble finding someone for the Gnome, I can perhaps try filling that role too. Jeez... talking about jumping in the hole blind...
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

PbP is indeed something I'm not too accustomed to. I found myself a bit confused a time or two, okay maybe three. I'm a bit rusty in the game so I'll be reading up on the rules and stats for the weapons and races at play here. I'm going to have to retrieve my 3.5 Core set from storage. I have at this time for sure the DMG I & II, PHB I & II, MM I & II & III & IV, Psionics, and I think one more. I don't remember Dragon Born or this type of Gnome you have in play. Are they in the book I listed?

For sure though, if you like, I'll take Jaamus over (at least until his player returns if you deem). At least now I understand why neither had any treasure; they only had one encouter thusfar. For my own upkeeping, tomorrow I'll go back and copy the posts into an ordered timeline so I can keep up better.
Image Image
Nargath
BARON
BARON

Post by Nargath »

Klakzor, if you want I will take over Ween Darkblade.
Like Duniagrda, I'm not too up on PbP, but I will lend a hand if you need it.

I've had a read through of the game so far, and I have a question for you. Do you handle the combat rolls? All we have to do is describe our action and you do the rest? Or do you want us to start using invisible castle for our combat rolls?
Image Xandos
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Duniagdra, Jaamus' character is all from the core books, except for his dragonhide armor. Dragonhide armor is out of the Draconomicon, however it works exactly as normal armor of its type. The armor itself is resistant to the dragons energy that it came from, however this is not passed on to the wearer.

Nargath, Dice Rolls have been handled by me simply because no one has chosen to use Invisible Castle to roll their attacks. If you feel comfortable doing so, feel free. One less thing for me to worry about.

You guys can take over the positions whenever you are ready. If you feel that after you take over the character that you would like to generate your own because you cannot get into the character (I know how difficult it is to take over someone else's character), just let me know and we can work out how to get a new character in and take out the other one.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Thanks, as I read through the game last night I found a player using Invisible Castle and was impressed. I just assumed that you might be handling combat rolls, having Invisible Castle though ensures true rolls... I'll be using it for my combats. I'm busy today with a tenant moving junk out of my building, but I'll be there tonight I expect. You'll have to give me a bit of a learning curve though as I learn when to use the buttons above. Some are obvious: talk, think, whisper, yell, ooc... what is spoiler and when is it used?
Image Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Here is the thread about how to use the tags, including what the spoiler
SeanB
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by SeanB »

are you guys still running any short? I would be interested in playing if so. I will even run the gnome even though I have never played a gnome. let me know

Sean B
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

Although both the gnome and dwarf have been taken over, if any other openings come up I will PM you for the position

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”