Show of interest for Ptolus campaign [CLOSED]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
SeanB
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Show of interest for Ptolus campaign [CLOSED]

Post by SeanB »

Hello all,

I have been dying to run a campaign in the Ptolus fantasy setting for ages. I can not run a live campaign due to my inablity to commit to a multi hour weekly schedule. However the PBP setting would be perfect for this.

so here is my initial request for a show of hands at people interested in Monte Cooks Ptolus setting. it would start off at lvl 1 and run as long as people continue to show interest. initially it would begin in the city and if the game heads out of town then so be it. however there is more than enough action to keep a party occupied for ages.

here is the intro from Monte cook.

A city of mysteries, secrets, and dark histories, Ptolus lies forever in the shadow of a towering stone spire reaching impossibly high into the sky, itself an enigma and a reminder of evil long past. Ptolus is a place where the supernatural is expected, and treachery lies around every corner—or is it that the supernatural lies around every corner and treachery is expected? Either way, Ptolus is a city of danger, magic, intrigue, and above all: adventure.

let me know the initial interest and I will get the ball rolling to get it running on here.

the game is open to most everything. my collection of references is VERY large so chances are I have the supplement you are looking to play from. no home brew please.

Thanks

Sena B
Phoenix512
BARON
BARON

Re: Show of interest for Ptolus campaign

Post by Phoenix512 »

I love the Ptolus setting. I wouldn't mind playing it again especially that I redo my original character in it.
Benji
BARON
BARON

Post by Benji »

I don't know much about Ptolus, but I have a module written for it called The Banewarrens. Absolutely loved it.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Never heard of this. Being that it's D&D though, I'm game for something with no conclusion.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I am always up for another PbP. Never played in Ptolus but have heard of it.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Unfortunately, this game seems to be heading toward the cemetery, as the DM seems MIA... (his last login is Oct 30th)
I'll be moving it there in a couple of days.

Oh well.
Richard
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Yeah well... is a shame. I'm sure some people put some work into this 3x3 thing. Hopefully, it's just the usual shit in life that has him delayed and nothing serious. This could have been fun I think.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
larenee
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by larenee »

Duniagdra wrote:Yeah well... is a shame. I'm sure some people put some work into this 3x3 thing. Hopefully, it's just the usual shit in life that has him delayed and nothing serious. This could have been fun I think.
My thinking as well.

I had only a passing interest in Ptolus before this. Now I'm actually considering buying the setting materials and running it for my local gaming group. I do hope this one can be revived at some point.
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

larenee wrote:I had only a passing interest in Ptolus before this. Now I'm actually considering buying the setting materials and running it for my local gaming group. I do hope this one can be revived at some point.
Well, if you would like to DM a Play-by-Post in Ptolus, it can be arranged with silentguardian's disappearance :)

R
larenee
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by larenee »

admin wrote:
larenee wrote:I had only a passing interest in Ptolus before this. Now I'm actually considering buying the setting materials and running it for my local gaming group. I do hope this one can be revived at some point.
Well, if you would like to DM a Play-by-Post in Ptolus, it can be arranged with silentguardian's disappearance :)

R
I have none of the materials at present, but I can't rule out the possibility at some point in the future....
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

No problem. That game is now officially "cemeterized"

Richard
Phoenix512
BARON
BARON

Post by Phoenix512 »

I could DM the game since I do have the material and since the PF Ravenloft isn't going to happen, I can do this game. I won't disappear without a trace since I have a good attendance with the other games I'm a player in.
harneloot
Squire
Squire

Post by harneloot »

I'm interested.
Image Kaul Kettlefist - Dwarven Journeyman Mason
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Phoenix512 wrote:I could DM the game since I do have the material and since the PF Ravenloft isn't going to happen, I can do this game. I won't disappear without a trace since I have a good attendance with the other games I'm a player in.
You need to check out this thread to start a new PbP game
Best to start a new thread in the Royal Court for publicity about it (and your requirements/conditions/available sources etc)
I can then use that message to send as a Notice for Mailing List users that might be interested.

Richard
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I'm still interested too.
Phoenix512
BARON
BARON

Post by Phoenix512 »

admin wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:I could DM the game since I do have the material and since the PF Ravenloft isn't going to happen, I can do this game. I won't disappear without a trace since I have a good attendance with the other games I'm a player in.
You need to check out this thread to start a new PbP game
Best to start a new thread in the Royal Court for publicity about it (and your requirements/conditions/available sources etc)
I can then use that message to send as a Notice for Mailing List users that might be interested.

Richard
Why do you still treat me like a new person? Why couldn't this be the thread for renewal interest of the game? You were about to let larenee to take over for it. Why can't I do the same thing?
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Phoenix512 wrote:Why do you still treat me like a new person? Why couldn't this be the thread for renewal interest of the game? You were about to let larenee to take over for it. Why can't I do the same thing?
I posted an update in the "So you want to be a DM" thread, and I only wish DMs to know about it - whoever the DM will be for this game.
There is nothing to 'take over', as the game never started. The DM can also specify his restrictions and preferences, and not necessarily use Silentguardien's choices and way of doing things...

So I only (humbly) ask that whomever wishes to DM that campaign: a) Check the mentionned PbP thread for DMs, and b) Start his own thread. This will avoid any confusion and allow for 'a clean start'.

Richard

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”