New PbP game-Dragontooth Chronichles [CLOSED]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

New PbP game-Dragontooth Chronichles [CLOSED]

Post by DarkCade »

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to try out DM of my own game. The world if of my own creation however I must say that the TOS+ sheet makes character creation a snap. Alright on to the point of my message. I am looking for interest in my game. The Dragontooth Chronichles is a game in a fantasy setting and with D&D 3.5 rules. Enough said on that. The land is of my own creation. I am going to make a webpage so that everyone can get a general idea about the lay of the land. I also have created maps, town, populations, enemies etc. The basics of game mechanics. The basic concept of my storyline is that you're character being an adventurer or whatever (No evil characters apply I got a butt load of baddies believe me...if you are really, really wanting to play evil e-mail me or let me know and i'll see what I can do.) and have been asked help on finding an artifact to the royal family in Pavel (the first continent that everyone will be on). For whatever reason, money, honor, you're bored whatever you decide to help. And that is where the story takes place. The story seems simple and not much too it. But, that's how it always starts, very small. Let me know either here or you can e-mail me at nascentdraconis@gmail.com. Once I get enough interest I'll get the game created.

Chad
Admin Note: Joining and playing in a PbP requires an active subscription to TOS+!
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Re: New PbP game-Dragontooth Chronichles

Post by admin »

Hi Chad!!
New games are quite welcome!
Check out this post for details on how to proceed - Do you want me to advertise your campaign on the mailing list?

Richard
Lanathan
Squire
Squire

Post by Lanathan »

I would be interested in this. I have wanted to try a PbP game for quite some time and just have not had the opportunity to play one. I am eager to see how it is all done and enjoy the experience. I have the majority of D&D 3.5 books in my possesion and am fairly well versed in the game, have played and DMed a fair amount since 95, started in 2nd edition. The only questions I have at this time are; what level are thinking of starting at and how often do you expect posts/play? I look forward to your response and hope to be part of the game.

Nathan
Benji
BARON
BARON

Post by Benji »

I'm always up for a new game! Sounds like you've thought out your world quite well so it should be fun!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Thanks for the interest so far. If I get a couple more people who would be interested I'll see if I can get it posted and what not. I don't remember if I mentioned this before but the starting lv would be 1 kind of room to grow. Have a happy new years eve.

Chad :mrgreen:
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Richard,

I would really appreciate it if you would advertise my game on the mailing list. Thanks a bunch and there was good info on that posting info, will PM you as soon as thre are 4 or more interested players.

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud »

I'm probably going to have some more time. I just totaled my car tonight. If you have space for someone who is already in a ton of games (I'll be bottom of the list, of course), I would love to join.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Image Kolgu 'Sparky' Dermott: Android Rogue/Wizard
Image Garrick Cae'Sarr: Human Bard
Image Hormy Noodzo: Goblin Hunter
Image Gregory Milliken: Human Rogue
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

shai-hulud wrote:I'm probably going to have some more time. I just totaled my car tonight. If you have space for someone who is already in a ton of games (I'll be bottom of the list, of course), I would love to join.
bummer to hear about your car shai.
Sorry, saw shai's post and thought I'd respond, but I'm in enough PbP right now.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I would be interested too (although I too am in a bunch of games). Bummer about the car Shai, but I know how you feel. My oil heater died on monday and my car died tuesday.

Anyways, always interested in a new PbP game. I will hang out on the bottom of the list with Shai though so any newcomers have first shot. Happy New Year every one :D
Ceroill
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ceroill »

Gee I see a bunch of buddies here! Count me as interested as well. Shai- commiserations on the car, man.

Chad, does your world have any special naming conventions? Racial restrictions? I've already got about 3 or 4 ideas flitting through my head for potential characters.
Image, Image
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

All righty then :)

I'm going to get the game set up on this site and I'll hopefull see all of you want to join. Thanks again for the interest I hope we can make this game fun and lasting.

admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

What is the Status of this PbP, DarkCade ?

Richard
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: New PbP game-Dragontooth Chronichles [OPENING]

Post by rednetra »

im up for another game. Im always up for another game
Ceroill
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ceroill »

I'm still interested
Image, Image
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

I am still planning on running the PbP I think I must have done something wrong or I don't know where to go. I thought I had everything in order hmmm...I'll see what I can do on getting it fixed but I am very much still running the game.

Chad
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Since it has been a while and I just want to make sure i'm not wasting my time let me know how many of you are still interested. Here is a brief introduction to my game (May be a double post I hope now)

The Dragon Tooth Chronichles takes place in the Nine Isles, a land wrought with mystery... A heavy mist has descended upon the islands, bringing with it a plague of monsters known simply as the Horde (note: no knowledge of the Warhammer gaming system is needed to play this game). Over the years, the people of the islands have learned to cope with the presence of the monsters, and they develop into a highly defensive society.

One day, the Empress of the Nine Isles calls forth the bravest, most powerful heroes of the islands for a special mission. The Sight Crystal, an ancient family heirloom, has disappeared from the fortress. She charges the heroes with recovering the lost artifact; returnof the crystal to the empress will encompass a reward of their own choosing(Be careful what you ask for).

Thus begins your adventure. More quests are sure to follow, leading you farther into the depths of the mist and into the jaws of the Horde. Additional information will be provided for you if you are accepted into the game.
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Alrighty

I have fixed the issue, it was all me :P now it is up. Let me know if you want to play and submit a character to me if you feel so inclined. I hope to see you all on my game and as always Happy Gaming. :mrgreen:
Ceroill
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ceroill »

Yayyyy!!!
Image, Image
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I"ll play if you do not get enough players.
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

You both are welcome. You can e-mail me the character you like (keeping a copy for yourself of course) to nascentdraconis@gmail.com or if you don't want to post it here and I'll add it to my comp to keep track of lvl and what now.

Chad
Ceroill
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ceroill »

What guidelines do you have? Any restrictions on race, class, etc? I assume we're beginning at lvl 1?
Image, Image
Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by Aeion »

This sounds cool, are there still places available ?
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Sure there is room. So far nobody has submitted a character, I know they take some time to do. Anyhow I don't really have a restriction on race or class as long as I know about it and understand if it is a one that doesn't have a rule for it on the forums. I do have several books so some of them are not on the forum. So as soon as I get 5 people submitted to me. I'll get the game posted up for real and we can start.

Chad
Ceroill
Horseman
Horseman

Post by Ceroill »

Ok, emailed you a character to your gmail acct. See whatcha think.
Image, Image
Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by Aeion »

What method should we use to generate starting stats ?
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Well the method I use personally is the 4d6 drop the lowest score however I am not going to sweat it if you have a method that you prefer as long as you don't roll all 18's I know the tricks to the trade. All that will happen is I'll make the game tougher if you chose to cheat. However I don't think anyone around here does that. :mrgreen:
DarkCade
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by DarkCade »

Oh, by the way I forgot I got one submission so far. If I can get 4 more then we can get the game started. So please if you have any interest at all submit a character. My only requirements are you be lv 1 (Easier in my mind). Also if you use a class/race that is not on the forums here just let me know so I can either look it up. I do have a lot of books for 3.5 edition (Bucking 4.0 ATM). With that being said, thank you for you're time and patience. 4 more and we will be good to go. :D
Aeion
Level 2 Contributor
Level 2 Contributor

Post by Aeion »

Would you like participants to use Invisible Castle dice rolling site (info: http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... =96&t=5437 ), you do have to register but it is free and it was used in another PbP I'm in.
With it you can do rolls of 4d6 drop the lowest and if everyone puts in the same campaign name then every roll gets logged and can be viewed by anyone.
klakxor
Retired Global Op.
Retired Global Op.

Post by klakxor »

I was going to use Invisible Castle anyway. I will work on my character today and tonight and hopefully have something to you. Now to decide on what kind of character to be :evil:
rednetra
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by rednetra »

im always up for a new game if it is not too late to join

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”