First-timer LF a 3.5 adventure PbP

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Black Phoenix
Soldier
Soldier

First-timer LF a 3.5 adventure PbP

Post by Black Phoenix »

I'm somewhat new to PbP never played one before am very interested, am hoping to get in on a game any game plz :D .

i had a certain character i want to play if this character can fit into your campaign sweet.

I'm going for a wandering samurai :mrgreen: initially i planed up to lvl 4 as fighter then start my classes as a samurai-(complete warrior) and eventually into the prestige class : Iaijutsu master-(Oriental adventure)
if you can tell me a bit about your campaign i can make a story and fill in the background info as needed. i have the TOS+ updated version and if i need anything else let me know.

I'm in school but I'm available Sundays, and most of the time Saturdays my schedule changes monthly but Sundays are always guaranteed, i have YIm and Aim, ventrilo and skype at the ready hehehe
and Maptool (though not sure how it works yet)

looking forward to playing with you guys :D !!
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: First-timer LF a 3.5 adventure PbP

Post by Duniagdra »

BP,
Welcome to The Only Sheet Forums.

I'm running a Pathfinder game; Module #1 Rise of the Runelords: Burnt Offerings. If you're familiar with Pathfinder, I currently have an Elf Paladin named Devion that needs taking over. He's 2nd level, lawful good and pretty well rounded. Perhaps you might be interested in taking this spot and at some point we can integrate you're character concept into the campaign? If you're interested, my validation schedule is frequent; Friday through Monday as posts are made and Wednesdays. I understand that everyone has a life outside of D&D and the Internet. All I'm asking is if you have 10 or 15 minutes a day to spare, maybe you could punch in real quick and post? I'm not saying everyday, but I am trying to run a quick paced game. Most PbP games run on a weekly to monthly update schedule, this feels too slow to me. I've started some "Off Hook" Role Playing for my players that I need to update, something to add a little flavor to the experience.

If your interested, come check out my Forum for Rise of the Runelords. The FREE PDF Runelords Player's Guide can give you some good insight on what the campaign is. Converting your character concept should be simple enough and you might consider "killing time" with Devion while we covert this concept to Pathfinder.
Jim
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Black Phoenix
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Black Phoenix »

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with pathfinder but i am taking a look at that pdf you have there I don't mind playing Devion to "kill time" for my character.
I am going to read through this pdf you have here first to get a sense of whats going on i sure you dont want someone asking basic questions constantly.
though don't hesitate to correct me on anything i do wrong or misunderstand i can only pick up so much in a short time but i do look forward to it.

like i said before i've never done a pbp before might need some insight on how its actually done as well as anything i might need to get started.
if you think that it might be too much to add me in its understandable, ummmm..... other than that just let me know the times and ill try my best.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

BP,

The beautiful thing about PbP is that time is on your side. When you mentioned times, there are no time-of-day setting in any PbP. It's really a post-when-you-can type of RPG. Do you seriously believe you can meet my needs of checking in more than once a week? I'm trying to run a fast paced game and many of my players post at least twice a week, more often during encounters. As I said initially, I'm not expecting you to post everyday, but two to three times per week would be nice, more even better. :D

I have no problem answering questions or helping with the rules. Keep in mind that, though I'm the best DM there will ever be, I still don't know all the rules, but in a PbP I have plenty of time to look things up, just as you will. If you're serious, and can meet my schedule request, then I'll send you Devion. In fact, I have him posted already. He's still 1st level in that post, so feel free to level him, everyone is at 2nd now. If you need help in leveling him, I'm almost always in the chat area many times with Richard. I do recommend equipping him with a bow so he can take range attacks too. One other thing, this concept character you spoke of will end up starting at what ever level the party is at once he's ready to emerge. Cool?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Black Phoenix
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Black Phoenix »

:mrgreen: ..."Awesome"

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”