Mission:The Mansion of Aachen Trah-The old k... [full]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Mission:The Mansion of Aachen Trah-The old k... [full]

Post by Arpat »

NEW MISSION PARAMETERS
Mission Title: The Mansion of Aachen Trah - The old knight
Brief description of the Mission:
At the house of old man Aachen Trah, once a famous knight is something strange. The old man hasn't been seen over a week and there are strange noises and weird blueish lights at night. The local law enformcement doesn't want to go there. Probably because a young thief has been found just outside a window, his head severed from his body. Those things tend to scare people you know? Now the local law enformcement has announced that anyone who investigates what is happening there, will get a reward of 100 gold. rumour is that the local thiefs guild also has put up a reward of 500 gold for anybody who can deliver information about the young man's death and another 500 if the killer is brought before them.

Rule System to be used:
pathfinder 3.5e + special attacks

Validation Frequency:
normally within 48 hr after last added message.

Minimum/Maximum Number of Players requested:
minimum 2 - optimum 4 - maximum 6

Source Books Allowed/Denied:
pathfinder 3.5e + Strategists & Tacticians. (i.e optional enhanced combat rules)

Classes and Races Allowed/Denied:
all dnd 3.x / pathfinder including slower XP races like snirvneblin - NO monster classes, no gestalt...

Starting Level for the Champions:
11000 XP (+/- lvl 4) edited from 5 to 4 - also medium progression - not fast ;)

How to Generate Attributes:
point buy 32 points - http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html

Starting Equipment/Wealth:
14.000 gold per joining player into the group, divide as wished.
prices as in PHB http://www.launchpadzero.net/DND/3.5Equ ... e_v1.0.pdf

End Conditions:
get the rewards (or total party kill)

Notes about this Mission:
Encounters: combat (40%) / puzzle (20%) / diplomacy (30%) / other (10%) -
Encounter levels average CL+1, some CL+2, rare CL+3.

starting date:
the first weekend after we have 4 players

if you have an account at http://www.unseenservant.com then add: Campaign ID: 22 <-- preferred (not mandatory)
if you prefer invisiblecastle.com then add to campaign: OldKnight
[/b]

How to start
Please send me a full character with
- Name, age, height, weight etc.
- Alignment
- Class
- Race
- Points (32 point buy, pathfinder mechanics - see below)
- Skills
- Feats
- Traits
- additional information that you think is important.

Next steps
Create a token for your char, a short description about him or her...

Pathfinder point buy:
all stats at 10
9-14 each costs 1 point / 15 and 16 each costs 2 points / 17 and 18 each costs 3 points
then add your racial adjustments

Signature
Here I confirm that I have read the DM Code of Conduct and will respect it: Arpat

Something not right? let me know. For me this is also a learning process..
Last edited by Arpat on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arpat
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Re: Mission:The Mansion of Aachen Trah-The old k... [recruit

Post by kabkal »

Any news on this game?
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image BART 1173: Andriod/Pisterol
ImageDM of We Just Stopped Here...
ImageMach Agh: Goblin/Barbarian
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

currently your the only one responding to the game....
Arpat
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Arpat wrote:currently your the only one responding to the game....
Have you promoted this mini campaign in the newsletter? That might help in spreading the word.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Duniagdra wrote:Have you promoted this mini campaign in the newsletter? That might help in spreading the word.
Unfortunately, this game was announced the day after the latest newsletter was sent!! :P
I'll sent a tweet about it.
marine7312000
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by marine7312000 »

This sounds fun. I'll join in. Do we have any character ideas yet? As a side note 11,000 xp is level 4 by medium progression.
Last edited by marine7312000 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Hi Marine7312000,

Since nobody knows what to expect, i made sure that the characters feel (o)ver(l)y confident. (32 points is a lot so the characters have high scores for a level 5) and by javing no clue you can't really prepare for anything. -- i'll give some clues when the characters are meeting in the Smoly Hoke inn. (yea right... forget it.. this is not your as-usual-dm-with-the-as-usual-starting.) it all will be revealed as soon as we have enough players to actually start.

The basic idea is that this mission actually is a short (in tabletop hours possible 2 sessions of say 4 hours) adventure. The adventure is too short to reach another level. However... that is only because the idea of a mission is .... a mission.
So... 1 mission? thats all?
no.
if there is enough willpower left after i crushed all morale, made all effort to survive in vain, eradicated all chances of survival, whooped stupid ideas of bieng rich and famous to all eternity and even whopped some godly ass back to hell and byond... and some of the party survive the wrath of Aroden after bieng spilled into the eye of abandengo...

what? what? i am overdoing it? but i just got warmed up... ah geesh... ok. There is a chance that this mission will be followed up. :-) lets see how all things will go... <insert evel laugh here>
Arpat
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

marine7312000 wrote:This sounds fun. I'll join in. Do we have any character ideas yet? As a side note 11,000 xp is level 4 by medium progression.
I did PM a human monk earlier. So count me in if this game takes off.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

I hope that a 3th player will join (soon), otherwise we just start.
maybe a third one will join when we actually start.
Arpat
UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo »

I'm in if you need it. Dwarf Fighter okay with you?

A short dwarf with a miners helmet and shining chain mail vest over his bare chest. He wears brown doeskin trousers and hard leather boots. His beard and hair are a strong orange colour, with his beard pleated at the front. A heavy cord of rope is tied about his waist, a multitude of pouches and purses hanging from it. A shortsword hangs in its scabbard by his right hip, but the large pickaxe slung over his shoulder looks far more menacing. The axe has several markings wrought into its head and the haft is a sturdy looking steel . He carries an air of ease about him, very rarely seen not smiling. His voice carries the hint of an accent though it is not too pronounced.

Thogric started life as a simple miner. Cutting and ferrying iron ore for the Hammerfist clan he soon became disillusioned with his lot, wanting something more, something exciting, something that would make him rich. Unfortunately he got his chance soon enough when the miners hit a seam which was already being mined by kobalts. The vicious creatures attacked en mass, dragging clansmen down and ripping the miners to shreds. Thogric managed to stay alive, fighting his way through the beasts with his trusty pickaxe leaving smashed and battered bodies all around. Several other dwarves rallied to him and eventually the Kobalts which hadn’t perished had fled. Thogric was hailed as a hero and a great feast was held in his honour but when he was to be recognised by the rest of the clan he was nowhere to be found.
Using the excitement as cover young Hammerfist struck out for the surface, the thrill of combat urging him on and the smell of gold always just beyond his reach. he has been plying his trade with a pickaxe ever since.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Whoohoo! 3 players!

i'll check the characters and adjust things here and there in my story. the game will start probably next week, maybe a week later. i will start posting some information to get warmed up and to give some hints for your characters as well. (what to buy etc.)

The reason for the delay is simple: its 32 degrees here (about 90 F) and they even have a code yellow (never heard of that one before) for the extreme temperatures and it will last for some time. (and in a moderate climate its no fun at all when its humid and warm)
Arpat
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

If there is available spots, I would like to join:

a) This is a pathfinder game, right? (the initil post says 'Pathfinder 3.5" ... does this means a hybrid 3.5/pathfider?
b) should more ppl apply, I don't mind giving my spot away to someone with less PbP games than I!
c) can you list the current class/race layout so I can build my character accordingly?

thanks!
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Yep. it's a 100% pathfinder game, for me that is a Golarion based campaign. (or mission in this case).
I also allow the 3.5 (prestige) classes... as far as possible, thats why i added 3.5.
I would also allow the use of runes, truename magic and such...
for me pathfinder is an somewaht more sophisticated gaming tool then 3.5 is. I would not want to drop all my 3.5 books. With 4.0 i would feel urged to buy everything again.

There is still room to join, so happy to see you here too R.
About the list: the main idea is that the characters are what you want it to be, so i could end up with 5 similar characters or 5 totally different. There is no team (yet) and i want to see what comes up if players don't have to worry about a good mix for an normal campaign.
The introduction will not be starting in a Inn.... :-) so i would say... take a pick and have fun with it :)
Arpat
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Roger that - I'll prepare my character!

How do we do Hit Points? Do we take the statistical average, or do we roll according to a formula? (sorry if this was in the initial post, i didn't see it!) :P

By the way:
Arpat wrote:How to Generate Attributes:
point buy 32 points - http://tools.digitalightbulb.com/pbcalc.html
Point Buy is already available in TOS+, in the Customize worksheet!
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Ah... i knew i had forgotten to add something :-)
i use max. hitpoints for all levels. (in a campaign i would use max. hitpoints for lvl 1 and 75% for subsequent levels)

About my miscalculation on xp vs. level: it should be lvl 4 for a normal character (11.000 xp)
i already have 1 lvl 5 character, but that difference should be no problem.
if someone builds a snirvneblin or aasimar like character you probably get a lower level due to the fact that one needs more xp to level up.
(or are those rules cahnged in pathfinder?)

About point buy:
i noticed that with pathfinder system this is a really high point buy. :-) but believe me... you will be glad it is that high ;)
Arpat
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Here is Clarson the human monk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Well...
i am editing my data and it will start in a short time.
currently we have:
- Clarson, male, elf, monk
- Rogar stonefist, male, dwarf, fighter
- Brak the Barbarian, male, human, barbarian
Arpat
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

If you're willing to take one more, I will create a character to round out the group. I think I will make a rogue, so that the party isn't all muscle.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Your'e welcome :-)
The party is somewhat biased to a hit-squad :-) but only just a little....

The monk hasn't bought any gear yet.

by the way:
- if you want to know how much you could spend: 14k gold.
- The gold-divide rule is to make it possible to buy expensive gear for one character if the party would like to do so. But then less is to be spend on another character, ofcourse.
Arpat
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Arpat wrote:- The gold-divide rule is to make it possible to buy expensive gear for one character if the party would like to do so. But then less is to be spend on another character, ofcourse.
Best to keep the GP for each character - else it's too complex to manage (and it's easy to spend all your gold.. DON'T forget to buy some Curing Potions as we don't have a Cleric!!!!!!!!)
patransom
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by patransom »

Here's a tiefling rogue. I assumed it was okay to take two traits, since your first post mentioned traits. If traits are not okay, it's easy enough to drop them. Maybe you can use the attached picture to create a token.
Skara is the only daughter of the infamous devil-worshipping wizard, Sharnak Syralis. Her mother is unknown to her but, given her odd appearance, probably had significant infernal blood. As a child, she was frequently left to her own devices while her father was off furthering his fiendish plots. The only rule was that she was never, ever to enter Sharnak’s laboratory at the top of the tower. A naturally curious youth, Skara broke this rule regularly, picking the lock or climbing around the outside of the tower to gain access. She spent many hours tinkering with Sharnak’s arcane devices and trying to make sense of his notes.

Thus, Skara was present, hiding behind the alchemy workbench, when Sharnak’s final summoning ritual went horribly wrong (probably as a result of Skara’s messing about with the pentagram). She watched as the summoned devil broke free of the protective circle and devoured her father. Although the experience was frightening, Skara wasn’t particularly bereaved over the loss of her inattentive parent. However, she wasn’t exactly better off after Sharnak’s death. The wizard’s tower was repossessed and she found herself a homeless orphan.

Life on the streets was particularly hard for Skara. No temple-sponsored orphanage would take her in because of her father’s association with devil worship. She has a great disdain for all organized religions as a result. Her infamous father and infernal appearance made her a target of suspicion and bullying. Taunting was commonplace and violence frequent. Skara had to be quick on her feet to dodge sudden attacks by intolerant gangs. Individual attackers, she found, could sometimes be deterred if she talked a good game, portraying herself as either a harmless victim or a dangerous she-devil with infernal powers like her father. When all else failed, Skara learned to be quick with a blade, striking a point of weakness to incapacitate an attacker, before running away.

Skara eventually survived all the hardship, making a living by returning to her experience with breaking and entering. She made wizard's towers and temples her particular targets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Humble Servant of the Wormgod
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Traits are no problem...
2 traits sounds fine... as long as they are from different kinds.

*makes note to self: make sure its clear how many traits etc...*
Arpat
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Here is Clarson with his Equipment.
UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo »

Arpat wrote:Well...
currently we have:
I guess i'm out then?

Unknown Dobo
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

UnknownDobo wrote:
Arpat wrote:Well...
currently we have:
I guess i'm out then?
No ... I need to update this list. :-)
but i am doodle- ing on my iphone... Very bad for writing on forums..
Arpat
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Ah so we can take 2 traits?
Cool - I'll check them out tomorrow!!
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

:-)
yes, you can/may take two traits. I should have mentioned it. (i have added it to the to-do list)

- Skara Syralis, female, tiefling, rogue
- open spot (optional)
- open spot (optional)

I'll write the primary introduction (you know... the famous inn where everybody meets...) for wednesday.
The setting will enable your character to show themselves (i.e. a introduction as in the way he or she looks).
if there are other things not mentioned by me (besides the starting point in time and place) that you feel are important, just let me know.
Arpat
kabkal
Divine Rank 13
Divine Rank 13

Post by kabkal »

Here is Clarson with two traits.
UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by UnknownDobo »

Arpat wrote:- Clarson, male, elf, monk
- open spot (optional)
- open spot (optional)
Missed me again. I'm starting to think that this is some not so subtle hint :wink:.
- Thogric Hammerfist, male. dwarf, fighter

I wonder if the Hammerfists know the Stonefists.

Unknown Dobo
marine7312000
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by marine7312000 »

UnknownDobo wrote:
Arpat wrote:- Clarson, male, elf, monk
- open spot (optional)
- open spot (optional)
Missed me again. I'm starting to think that this is some not so subtle hint :wink:.
- Thogric Hammerfist, male. dwarf, fighter

I wonder if the Hammerfists know the Stonefists.
It is possible. Maybe even likely. We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”