[PbP] Duni's World Bazaar - 1 Player Needed [CLOSED]

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[PbP] Duni's World Bazaar - 1 Player Needed [CLOSED]

Post by Duniagdra »

I have one opening in my campaign. The setting is in Darkmoon Vale using the PF RPG Rules.

So far our heroes helped procure the ingredients for a remedy to cure an illness plaguing the town of Falcon's Hollow. Currently they are in search of some missing children. The only difference with below is that you will not be life-long friends of the group unless you can give a pretty good story connecting you to them.

PbP FORM

Title: Duni's World Bazaar

Brief description: Active Subscription to TOS+ Forums & TOS+ v3.410 or newer required.
This story will be played out "off the cuff" using modules I have in PDF or just plain improvising as things unfold. There is no running plot as of now, but characters in the game may end up causing the birth of a plot or two by their action.

Prologue: The group of you are life-long friends, "brothers in crime". You have a tendency of causing trouble, but mostly it's all pranks, some of which go terribly wrong. Many in the village know of you and the trouble you've caused for them, and some just don't even like you. You're well known by the Sheriff and his men (names to be given once I know them) and have spent brief visits at his "hotel". The village is plagued by an illness that no one knows the cause of fully. Each of you have a relative who's come ill (or know of your friend's relative who is ill) and now people are known to have died from it.

Rule System: The backdrop will be Pathfinder RPG (D&D 3.75 Ed) and will follow the Pathfinder Core Rule Set.

Validation Frequency: Every Monday and Thursday. Minimum of twice weekly if players can't post more often.

Min/Max Number of Players: I'll be hoping for 4-6 players that can log in each day or each other day and post their character's action if necessary.

Start Date: In Progress.

Source Books Allowed: All Pathfinder RPG content, PF CRB, Advanced Player's Guide (soon to be released), etc.

Classes and Races Allowed: All classes, Races available through PF, DM approval required. Prestige packages MAY be permitted later on in game.

Starting Level of PCs: Starting Level will be 1st and everyone will be native born to the same village. Level Progression will be Fast.

Stats Generation: Use Invisible Castle (create user account if needed, it's free.) with the following filled in:
  1. Character Name: Enter your character's name
  2. Campaign Name: Duni's World Bazaar
  3. Number of rolls: 6
  4. Dice: 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)
  5. Notes: Anything you wish.

Starting Equipment/Wealth: Starting Wealth will be average and is found HERE. All equipment is available with The Adventurers Armory pending approval by selection. Starting HP will be Max HD Value.

Background Information: Everyone will be selecting a number of Character Traits that are in TOS+ v3.410. At least one of these traits will be tied to your background. A background story will be required but determined once I have players. Your backgrounds will be based off the prologue using my copy of Darkmoon Vail that I can send to you. It has been edited to remove a whole section near the end that contains spoiler content.

End Conditions: TPK, Campaign Completion, or further.

About ME: I'm me. I like a fast paced game. Waiting a whole week for validations or player posts just drives me nuts (nothing personal to those who like the once weekly thing).

MY Subscription End Time: Duniagdra has a permanent subscription!

Notes: I validate often and gauge a player's activity by the number of times he/she misses my validation without notice. When in rounds, I stick to the Monday/Thursday validation days. If you♠ be regular practice for a player.

Leveling HP rolls will use the following system:
  • 1d4...1d2+2
  • 1d6...1d3+3
  • 1d8...1d4+4
  • 1d10...1d5+5
  • 1d12...1d6+6
This means that if your character rolls a 1d8 each level, you now roll 1d4+4 instead.

I plan on this to be fun and fast. Are you interested?

Signature: D
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Re: [PbP] Duni's World Bazaar - 1 Player Needed

Post by Arpat »

Hi Duniagdra,
my alchemist Azla Atatalka, is in need of some company.

while reading the bazaar i noticed that the rules had been adjusted... so i rerolled. (4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=17, 4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=16, 4d6.minroll(3).takeHighest(3)=16)

Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2620510/

I'll post my character today.

By the way... i used these http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... 211#p48669 rules to roll up my character. (i rolled 6 times instead of 7 because i think the results are already great))
if i need to use the roll method as mentioned in this post... no problem..
the ones i rolled previously conforming the old method (and the method in this post:

Azla Atatalka - Alchemist (4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=5, 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=8, 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=9, 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.minroll(1).takeHighest(3)=12)

just let me know ifi need to change anything.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Kablam! Her is my new creation to enter te world.
Azla Atatalka.

I want to write an introduction, but i need some information about the location where my hero is born.
Currently i am tinking to let him accidentally blow up (a part of) his house... (boms you know, tend to do these things.)
Let's dibble dabble with some liquids... :-)

His Alchemist Formulae Book is a 'copy' of the Wizards Spell Book.... (Same weight, price etc.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arpat on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpat
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

PM me your email and I'll send you player friendly material.
Image Image
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Azla Atatalka lvl 2
Azla discovered something!
He found out how to make the concotions last longer, even when not in his possesion and he calls it 'infusion'

Infusion: When the alchemist creates an extract, he can infuse it with an extra bit of his own magical power. The extract created now persists even after the alchemist sets it down. As long as the extract exists, it continues to occupy one of the alchemist’s daily extract slots. An infused extract can be imbibed by a non-alchemist to gain its effects.
i have updated the file with gear. Since the list with vials and such can be very long i have created a "Vials in Belt" item for weight purposes and i created a list with potions i bought.
it can be found here azla atatalka vials
i used the adventurers armory to add items to the character.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arpat on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arpat
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Just waiting on Rednick's character.
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

it will be posted after work tonight, sorry about the wait.
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

rednick90 wrote:it will be posted after work tonight, sorry about the wait.
no trouble. :thumb1:
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

An important Note! As second level, you can follow the wealth by level chart. 2nd level is 900 gold I believe.
Image Image
admin
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-
-={ ARCHMAGE }=-

Post by admin »

Duniagdra wrote:An important Note! As second level, you can follow the wealth by level chart. 2nd level is 900 gold I believe.
Seems to be 1,000gp as listed in this table.
Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat »

Ok. i'll add some items and such to the character.
Like the oh-so-welcome portable dabble-your-chemicals table to mix and match the fun chemicals to make things go BOOM!

i feel chemistry here!
Arpat
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

i will stick with a human rogue. i will also add a few items (=
BTW here is the token picture once again sorry bout the confusion:
Artemis.jpg
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

Scorpius Black: Human Rogue 2

Brief History:
When he was 10 Scorpius's parents were murdered. He wass forced to live the life of an orphan. He tought himself how to survive by stealing. Usually never more than he needed, but occasionaly he broke into the lumber consortium to play tricks and get coin. He allied himself with others who were in his same situation. His closest friend saved his skin more times than he could count and when he came down with the mysterious illness, Scorpius had to repay his debt. Using his good looks and his stealth abilities he was able to find out a group of adventurers had learned of a cure. Scorpius set out at once to get it at all costs.

Personality:
Suspicous of athority figures and strangers. He loves chaos and practical jokes. Will do pretty much anything to put more coin in his purse.
Scorpius Black (level 2) PFRPG.tos
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [PbP] Duni's World Bazaar - 1 Player Needed [CLOSED]

Post by Duniagdra »

rednick90 wrote:Scorpius Black: Human Rogue 2

Brief History:
When he was 10 Scorpius's parents were murdered. He wass forced to live the life of an orphan. He tought himself how to survive by stealing. Usually never more than he needed, but occasionaly he broke into the lumber consortium to play tricks and get coin. He allied himself with others who were in his same situation. His closest friend saved his skin more times than he could count and when he came down with the mysterious illness, Scorpius had to repay his debt. Using his good looks and his stealth abilities he was able to find out a group of adventurers had learned of a cure. Scorpius set out at once to get it at all costs.

Personality:
Suspicous of athority figures and strangers. He loves chaos and practical jokes. Will do pretty much anything to put more coin in his purse.
Scorpius Black (level 2) PFRPG.tos
Arpat wrote:Azla Atatalka lvl 2
Azla discovered something!
He found out how to make the concotions last longer, even when not in his possesion and he calls it 'infusion'

Infusion: When the alchemist creates an extract, he can infuse it with an extra bit of his own magical power. The extract created now persists even after the alchemist sets it down. As long as the extract exists, it continues to occupy one of the alchemist’s daily extract slots. An infused extract can be imbibed by a non-alchemist to gain its effects.
i have updated the file with gear. Since the list with vials and such can be very long i have created a "Vials in Belt" item for weight purposes and i created a list with potions i bought.
it can be found here azla atatalka vials
i used the adventurers armory to add items to the character.
Characters approved. I will bring you into play this weekend.
Image Image

Return to “The Old Die [Old PbP news]”