[PbP Council of Thieves - Another Player Needed

Archives of old PbP requests/news and such.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[PbP Council of Thieves - Another Player Needed

Post by Duniagdra »

PbP FORM
Title: Council of Thieves
Brief description:
ImageThrown into chaos after the death of the god Aroden, Cheliax found a new spiritual guide to help tame the resulting lawlessness and destruction—Asmodeus. Dominated today by the Thrice-Damned House of Thrune, Cheliax is a land of inflexible order, like a rigid steel blade tempered in the fires of Hell. It is a land where nobility and virtue take second place to a ruthlessly imposed harmony. It is a place where talks of past glories are only whispered in the dark, where heroic ambitions are kept to oneself, and where normal people strive to blend into the safe anonymity of the crowd. It is here, in the country’s former capital of Westcrown, that the Council of Thieves Adventure Path takes shape.
ImageEven before Aroden’s death, the Council of Thieves had been an open secret in Westcrown. The city’s first (and most successful) thieves’ guild, the Council of Thieves was comprised of members from influential and often noble families in Westcrown. Subtle and content to rest upon the work of past generations, these rich and affluent criminals grew wealthier off of all manner of smuggling, gambling, prostitution, and more nefarious but increasingly white collar crimes. Yet now, insurrection boils within the Council’s inner ranks, and if left to bloom, the resulting coup could engulf all of Westcrown.
ImageIn this Adventure Path, you and your fellow adventurers help restore the crumbling honor of Westcrown, fight against a decades-old curse, and do battle with an enemy far more deadly than any simple fiend, all in the hopes of returning a measure of splendor to this long-beset metropolis.
ImageWe open up with, The Bastards of Erebus, AP#25, the first under the PF RPG CRB.
Rule System: Implements the Pathfinder RPB Core Rulebook (CRB)
Validation Frequency: As often as humanly possible. I like to run a fast-paced PbP. I require ALL applicants to have an ACTIVE SUBSCRIPTION and check in to the site at least every two days. If you miss too many validations, non consecutively, without informing me, you may see your character having a harder time or be asked to drop out if you are unable to maintain activity. I will Validate a minimum of every Tuesday and Friday, regardless of actions posted or not.
Min/Max Number of Players: 6
Start Date: In Progress
Source Books Allowed: PF RPG CRB Also useful to players are the Council of Thieves Player's Guide (Free) and Pathfinder Companion: Cheliax, Empire of Devils (PFRPG) PDF (USD 7.99). In addition to this, I'm allowing use (pending approval) of other PF RPG sources released up to now and any to yet be released.
Classes and Races Allowed: All found in PF RPG CRB other sources released up to now and still to be released (pending approval).
Starting Level of PCs: 1st. Current level, as of 08/01/2010, is 2nd, soon to be 3rd.
Stats Generation: Use the Stat roller as follows:
  • Character Name: Choose your name
  • Campaign Name: Duni's CoT (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end. IC IS Case Sensitive.
  • Type of Stats: D20 (default, don't change)
  • Dice: 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3) (note: copy and paste this with no space at the end.
Do this twice and pick the better set of the two. Don't worry about the order of your scores, as you'll be placing them into your sheet.

Applicants are to submit characters with background in post. Please do not give background in file.
The Character Name and Campaign Name MUST be entered into ALL uses of IC to be counted as valid. If you are unable to roll for one reason or another, please let me know and I will roll for you.
HP will be MAX HD+6 at Level 1, and Half HD plus half for each new level. Ex: If your character has 1d8 for HD, then you would roll 1d4+4.
Leveling will be rolled using IC.
Starting Equipment/Wealth: As defined by class and trait. I will be accepting your roll or the average, whichever is greater. You MUST post the IC link-back of your roll even if the average is better.
Background Information: Background is required as follows:
Character Background, must include your character traits. I'm requiring you each take one region trait and campaign trait and you may also select up to two other traits from two other categories of your choosing.

End Conditions: TPK or completion of 6 module adventure path.
About ME: I am currently the DM for three other PbP Pathfinder campaigns and I play in several other PbP games. I'm as fair as I can be and have been gaming for years.
Notes: A Wiki can be opened for this so Players have a place to record notes, XP & Treasure Awards, secrets, people, places, etc... If a Wiki is opened, This will be the players responsibility, with me having only little to do with it.
Please let me know if you have trouble downloading anything.

Current position being lost is the cleric, but there's a tiefling witch, a human rogue, a human ranger, a half-orc barbarian, an elf wizard, and the lost human cleric.

Signature: Duniagdra DaaMyour, AKA Jim
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Agrous: Human Cleric
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Re: [PbP Council of Thieves - One Player Needed

Post by scarymike23 »

Are you still recruiting for this? If so, I'll roll up a human cleric to replace the one you lost. Is the ranger melee or ranged based? that will help me decide how to focus him.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

scarymike23 wrote:Are you still recruiting for this? If so, I'll roll up a human cleric to replace the one you lost. Is the ranger melee or ranged based? that will help me decide how to focus him.
There's a chance I may be. I have a player that's been out for some time now due to the loss of a friend. He came back briefly, but has disappeared again. I sent him a PM, but I suspect I'll be replacing him. This is not unusual for him to just vanish, so it's highly likely in a week or two that I will replace him.

If you wish, you can generate a character and submit it here and if in two weeks he's not back, You'll be in.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

Here he is at 1st level. I'll write up a back story if I end up getting in. Let me know if you need anything else for now.

Stats (I swapped chr and dex):
STR 15, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 10

starting wealth:
Starting Wealth if higher than avg (avg = 140gp) (4d6*10=) 160, not sure why its not part of that link text)

Equalis Rivermore, Level 1 Human Cleric of Milani.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

scarymike23 wrote:Here he is at 1st level. I'll write up a back story if I end up getting in. Let me know if you need anything else for now.

Stats (I swapped chr and dex):
STR 15, DEX 14, CON 14, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 10

starting wealth:
Starting Wealth if higher than avg (avg = 140gp) (4d6*10=) 160, not sure why its not part of that link text)

Equalis Rivermore, Level 1 Human Cleric of Milani.
Looks good. Level him up. I'll let you know when to jump in.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

Duniagdra wrote: Looks good. Level him up. I'll let you know when to jump in.
Current level, as of 08/01/2010, is 2nd, soon to be 3rd.

Level 2 or 3? Starting wealth in that case?
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

scarymike23 wrote:
Duniagdra wrote: Looks good. Level him up. I'll let you know when to jump in.
Current level, as of 08/01/2010, is 2nd, soon to be 3rd.

Level 2 or 3? Starting wealth in that case?
Current level is second. I see I didn't point out what to do for leveling? Go by the character wealth table in the CRB.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

He is almost ready. I'm having a hard time deciding on traits, and I didn't have much time today. I'll try to get this to you asap though. monday at the latest.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

scarymike23 wrote:He is almost ready. I'm having a hard time deciding on traits, and I didn't have much time today. I'll try to get this to you asap though. monday at the latest.
There's no rush. They have to get out of the sewer first and that's going to be a few weeks at least.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

Charchter Level 2 attached.

Background:
Raised his whole life in Westcrown, Equalis Rivermore has seen his fair share of injustice. Raised by clerics of Milani, he has always been fighting an uphill battle. As Milani, The Everbloom, is the patron of all those who fight against oppression and unjust rule, and it is his churches very function offer help and aid to those who wish to free Westcrown from Asmodus'es influence. Being born into this fight means he comes battle ready and eager to fight. This attitude has not always served him well, but he has learned when to keep quite. The church of Milani does not function out in the open in Westcrown. So they have sent Equalis off to find out who is standing up against the Hellknights and join him. Brash, bold and fearless, he has set off... looking for these rumored anti-establishment groups, morningstar and holy symbol in hand.

Traits:
Dangerously Curious - Equalis has always been brash, bold and fearless. He often played with artifacts he shouldn't have and tinkered with spell components that belonged to his temple. This was the cause of many accidents, but also led him to a solid understanding of magical devices.
Focused Mind - A childhood full of focused study has sharpened Equalis'es ability to stay on task even when distracted.
Chivalrous (Region trait) - Raised on storyies of knights in the charge of Milani, Equalis wishes to emulate their great deeds.
Westcrown Firebrand (Campaign trait) - Equalis has had enough of the evil, enough of the fear and enough of corruption. The people of Westcrown
have sufered long enough! It’s time for a change.

Other:
let me know what you think and if there are any issues.

Edited TOS file to fix spell data in tos+3.420
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by scarymike23 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I'm in need of one more player here. I thought I had what I needed, unless I misplaced someone?
Image Image
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

Equalis is good to go. I just need a token for him. Any image will do. Just post it and I'll take care of the rest.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

here ya go. Thanks.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

I just noticed that there are two spells on the spell planner that have no data. Spark and Ant Haul. Where are these from?
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

Those are Advanced Player's Guide (APG) spells. I'm using the most recent TOS+ beta that has incorporated some of the APG material. My appoligies if APG stuff isn't approved.
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

scarymike23 wrote:Those are Advanced Player's Guide (APG) spells. I'm using the most recent TOS+ beta that has incorporated some of the APG material. My appoligies if APG stuff isn't approved.
It's not that it's not approved. I'm not using the beta TOS+ for my games yet. Not until it's full release. If you want the spells, You'll need to add them as custom spells for now.
Image Image
scarymike23
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Post by scarymike23 »

Duniagdra wrote:
scarymike23 wrote:Those are Advanced Player's Guide (APG) spells. I'm using the most recent TOS+ beta that has incorporated some of the APG material. My appoligies if APG stuff isn't approved.
It's not that it's not approved. I'm not using the beta TOS+ for my games yet. Not until it's full release. If you want the spells, You'll need to add them as custom spells for now.
OK. I edited the TOS file with that spell data. (I just edited my background post)
-SM
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [PbP Council of Thieves - Another Player Needed

Post by Duniagdra »

I'm still in need of another player to this game. Any takers?
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

what classes are there already?
Image Sabine Human alchemist 4
Image Jormungandr: Dwarf/Fighter
Image Baron Von Freeze: Gnome/Summoner
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

As of right now, we have a cleric (replacing a cleric), a barbarian, rogue, ranger, and wizard. The other class lost is a tiefling witch.
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

mind if i play a cavalier?
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

rednick90 wrote:mind if i play a cavalier?
Sure.
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

i have my character done for the most part but am having some trouble finding the campaign and region traits.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra »

rednick90 wrote:i have my character done for the most part but am having some trouble finding the campaign and region traits.
In the OP of this thread, you'll see a link to the players guide. They are not in TOS+. If you find what you want and can add them, great, otherwise, give the the name and page number and I'll add them.
Image Image
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

ok here's what i got.

From a young age, Tyr has know of the injustice of westcrown. when he was old enough to fend for himself he left home in search of a means to fight it, when he stumbled upon the order of the shield. The order of the shield adopted him in and taught him the oaths and edict of their order. when his training was complete they provided him with a mount and he set of back to westcrown to find individuals who, like him, are fighting the injustice.

traights:
Courageous:+2 saving throw bonus against fear effects
Natural born leader: +1 to leadership score; +1 morale on will saves for cohorts, followers, vs. mind altering effects.
(not good at entering things into the sheet. srry for the extra work)
Regional: Patient optimist: +2 Diplomacy vs. hostile or unfriendly and may retry once if you fail your attempt
campaign: Pathfinders Exile: Westcrown’s dilapidated
Pathfinder lodge of Delvehaven has long excited your
imagination. Forcibly closed by the order of the city’s
diabolical rulers, the Pathfinders of Westcrown were
exiled, forcing them to leave behind untold knowledge and
the treasures of countless expeditions. Today, Delvehaven
lies under the pale of fearful rumors and dark magic, and
bureaucratic red tape has prevented trespass on the lodge’s
well-protected grounds. Having secretly and illegally
contacted agents of the Pathfinders, you’ve expressed
your interest in aiding their ventures in Cheliax—with
a particular eye toward investigating Delvehaven, the
source of your long-standing adventuresome interests. To
your surprise, some days ago you received a message back
from an unnamed Pathfinder operating underground in
the country. Along with encouraging you to investigate
the lodge and report your findings to the Grand Lodge
in Absalom, he’s sent along a battered and tarnished, yet
still functional wayfinder. You’ve promised yourself to pay
back your unknown contact the 500 gp cost of the item
someday, but until then, it’s yours to use. A wayfinder is a
magical compass that grants you a +2 circumstance bonus
on Survival checks to avoid becoming lost, and can be
commanded to emit light as the spell (CL 5th) as a standard
action.

Stats 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=15, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=12, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=10, 4d6.minroll(2).takeHighest(3)=9

Editing: forgot looks.

He has light brown hair just past shoulder length, with a goatee. When riding Fenrir, he holds his lance straight up and down with the bottom of the handle resting on his leg. this makes it easy for him to ready it for a charge. he holds it always in his right hand his left holds his shield and the reigns.
Tyr (level 2).tos
rednick90
Templar
Templar

Post by rednick90 »

is he approved?