[PbP] Legacy of Fire; Pathfinder Adventure Path [FULL]

The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies have warped the Pale Mountain region to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. These wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.

Moderator: Duniagdra

larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS

Re: [PbP] Legacy of Fire; Pathfinder Adventure Path [FULL]

Post by larenee » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:52 pm

Kroft Gypsum lost his family in Kelmarane, including an older sister and a younger brother. Only he and his father escaped to Katapesh. He was only about five years old at the time, and doesn’t remember much of his previous home. He did always remember his father as being a studious man, and can vaguely recall sitting in his father’s lap as the man showed him scrolls and tomes written in many languages. Kroft’s memory of the journey to the great city of Katapesh is dominated by fear and grief; his father followed others traveling the same road, blinded by his own grief at losing his wife and two of his children, one only an infant.

Once in Katapesh, Kroft’s father’s studiousness served him well, as he did find employment with various libraries and schools. Despite a financially stable and comfortable life, there were no more father-son moments. His father’s grief turned to a deep lengthy depression, during which he buried himself in work. After a couple years, his depression transformed into obsession. Kroft never knew exactly what prompted the change in his father, he only knew that his father began to undertake some kind of personal research, the results of which were kept in a locked drawer in his father’s room. There were many nights that Kroft went to bed with his father still bent over his desk intently studying some documents, only to awaken in the morning to find him in exactly the same place. This obsession led to a steady decrease in work, putting their financial situation at risk.

The end result was that from an early age, Kroft essentially raised himself. He quickly figured out how to run the household, cooking, cleaning, purchasing, etc. He even had to face down would-be robbers a few times, all while his father was still lost in his ‘studies.’ By the time he was ten, Kroft was working for the Duskwalkers, his skills in perception and stealth made him a successful watcher, and occasional enforcer, for them among the Nightstalls. The income, and other benefits, generated from Kroft’s employment slowly began to replace his father’s dwindling earnings, allowing them to keep their small home and maintain their relatively comfortable lifestyle.

Once, at about age 12, Kroft caught a glimpse of what his father spent so much of his time studying. Upon returning home one night, just before dawn, he found his father asleep as the desk, his head slumped into his forearms. This was nothing new, but, unlike previous occurrences, Kroft actually approached the desk. The usually locked drawer was open, and visible on the desk, partially covered by the sleeping man, was a tattered map. What he could see of the old scroll showed numerous strange characters or glyphs scattered across a map of Kelmarane and the Brazen Peaks. Despite having seen several languages, Kroft did not recognize the writing. In fact, there was something vaguely disturbing about the glyphs. He didn’t get a chance to investigate further, for his father moved and began to awaken. He moved away from the desk, going about his normal predawn routine, hoping his father didn’t suspect anything. Kroft never tried again to look at his father’s project; always hoping that someday his father would share whatever it is he was discovering with his son.

He never got that chance. Only a couple weeks ago, while Kroft was busy working in the Nightstalls, a fire broke out in their home, destroying most of what he owned and killing his father. Investigators suspected that Kroft’s father had fallen asleep at his desk and knocked over an oil lamp. Kroft, having been cautious enough to keep a significant stash of coin on deposit with the Duskwalkers, has been able to get by without much hardship. When word of the mission to Kelmarane reached him, Kroft saw an opportunity to potentially learn something about the tragic events of his past and discover what secrets had so obsessed his father.

Personality: Most people don’t realize that Kroft is only 14 years old. His generally serious attitude and wide array of skills give the impression of someone closer to 20. In the right circumstances, he will occasionally act or speak in a way more consistent with a typical adolescent, but for the most part he remains cool and focused.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by larenee on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat

Post by Arpat » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Erin Okapala

Background

As youngster Erin travelled with her mom and dad who sell herbs and other small things for a living and sometimes her father did some courier services. Travelling through the hills and mountain passes did teach her to move silent and carefull. She learned to survive in warmer areas, colder passes and at the age of 12 Erin had her first encounter with a fearsome gnoll. She had learned to evade them quite well and this one wasn’t aware of the little halfling after a long and patient waiting against the cold rock the creature moved on. Later Erinfound out that life could be harsh and sometimes unforgiffing and that the real monsters arent the beasts in the world but humans could be the real monsters.
Erin was send on a errand to get some herbs for her mother and in the shop she was asked to come to the back. A man bullied her around and on a certain moment he tried to make Erin believe that he loved her and when he jumped upon her she found that silly little knife and stabbed him with it in his neck. He died quickly spraying blood all over the place. Erin cleaned herself up and noticed a change inside her… so easy… she grabs the little bag of herbs and she walked out… she heard some people screaming…
Time passes and in the next year Erin always searched for things… small things, big things even magical things… as long as it had some intricate mechanism or mysterie to unravel it would be interesting to Erin. Her parents decided to travelling around for the pathfinder society and the world with her parents was exiting and there where always new exiting things to discover. She was amazingly adept in finding out how things work and even while there where some.. euh well… minor incidents… nothing really bad happened… Her father showed her once the home of the society called the pathfinders.. they had lots of intriguing things and the fire inside Erin grew… nothing was safe…
On a day her father was muredered in an argument and before Erin knew she had stabbed the murderer with a quick slice of his spine. Some investigations in the nearby surroundings made her aware of a thief guild and she found out that her father was killed over a argument. The trader that had ordered the murder of her father was mentioned and Erin knew him!
Silently she moved away and after a few hours travelling she found the merchant lauging in his mansion. She climbed up to the roof and waited patiently until midnight.With one carefully placed thrust she stabbed the man in his throath… the blood filled his mouth.. he tried to scream… his eyes openend and he recognised the girl… his eyes opened in amazement and then he died…. She left… the knife still in his throath..
Times didn’t get better…. her mother became ill and a few months later she died. All she could say was… I miss your father so much…
Erin packed her backpack and moved to absalom to to apply at the pathfinder society… As a smart girl she had no problems in passing the tests and when she was handed over her first assignment as full member of the pathfinder society she knwe that her parents would be proud.
Finnaly she arrived in Katapesh… just in time to accompany the group of Caravel to Kelmarane….
Erin Ookapala is a beautiful young woman that has learned life the hard way. Her whole attitude is based upon her lifes experience and I can tell you it was a hard school.
She dresses accordingly. Everything is functional and has a use. Her clothing is greenish garment and a she wears a black mouthcloth to keep out dust. She has a very elegant way of moving and a smooth way of talking. She gets things done. She is a tiny woman, but large for a halfling. Travelling around and exploring has done her body well and she is a very strong and powerfull woman.
She has a strong feeling for right and wrong and would not kill for fun. Killing for survival would not be any problem and even killing as a profession has crossed her mind. But then she realised that not all victims are rightfully killed (like her own father).
Currently there is no god that has her attention…
She has a sharp eye and fast reflexes. Quick thinking and a lot of patientce make her a very powerfull allie or enemy. She sees (physical) traps as well as she can sense (people with ill plans) them. She is very cautious and doesn’t feel any rush. She loves gold but only to improve her skills and training. As an assasin she could easy make a living. However… exploring is what she likes most. Exploring, discovering and well getting rich is nice. But not the main motivation behind exploring. Finding and understanding knowledge is. She probably would use gold to buy a better weapon or gear to unlock secrets. Maybe even a magic device to help her find hidden secrets..
She would look stunning in a long dress but she will rarely wear them. She also has fun in disguising herself as a man. Her muscular build and strong legs and arms can fool almost anybody… and her skills get better with every practice…
She wears a black/darkgreen outfit that is complemented with a greywhite woven coat for colder regions. Her backpack is filled with items that you mostly could need in mountain areas or caves… she is very fond of personal hygiene… and that also helps her with hiding… On her side she wears two razor sharp blades and if you look carefull you can see that she also wears a starknife. She wears a rapier because she finds it more suitable for a woman. She could handle a short sword very well but this is more her style. Elegant and deadly.
She tries to become friends with a dog that follows her for a few days now… it’s a little black wolf like animal that does’t take risks and only shows up when its safe… When she looks carefully she can sometimes see him run parallel with her on a long distance… almost invisible for everybody else…
OUT OF CHARACTER
I hope this is a good start. just let me know if i have to change stuff.

the lookup for Erin Ookapala http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2158003/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Arpat on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Arpat

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:18 pm

Hrashin was born into slavery. Being as the 'business' was having a hard time keeping any of them alive, he was trained a special way, to help heal. Granted no one at the time knew that he would come out to have orc blood in him.

After Hrashin was born, they noticed that he was not always quick and was very, well stupid. His health wasn't all that great either, however he did possess decent strength from the orc blood in him and for some strange reason, had this aura of wisdom about him that was almost unexplainable for his type.

Shortly after he was of age, a local church came by to take on the slave. He had learned many things about a variety of deities, none in which the church fully worshiped. He had learned many ways on how to heal creatures great and small, however they also noticed that Hrashin had a streak in him that wanted to cause destruction. Even though it was not the way of the church, they taught him how to use this in a manner in which would be best for all.

After many years of training, instead of returning him to the slave pits, they allowed him instead to go free, and also gave him a very valuable weapon. This weapon he cherishes with his life. The church was like a family to him and vow one day that he would return with great riches to give to the church as a way to say thanks.

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:40 pm

My name is Elisandra. I am a child of the desert where I lost my family and was raised by Haleen who kept me safe and out of trouble. When I was of age we came to Katapesh to seek our fortune and there, with Haleen's blessing, I became a cleric of Iomeda. Haleen left recently for her own reasons but I seek her still as she is the only family I know.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Traits from LOF: Desert Child, Ekujue reflexes, Finding Haleen.

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Twiglet wrote:My name is Elisandra. I am a child of the desert where I lost my family and was raised by Haleen who kept me safe and out of trouble. When I was of age we came to Katapesh to seek our fortune and there, with Haleen's blessing, I became a cleric of Iomeda. Haleen left recently for her own reasons but I seek her still as she is the only family I know.
OUT OF CHARACTER

Please let me know what her two domains are. Also, on the back sheet, remove the armor and shield from the carried gear. You're adding the weight and value twice by doing this. Everything else looks good I think. I'll let you know when to jump in.

Character Approved.

Oh Yeah, I'll work on adding the traits feats for her.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Twiglet
BARON
BARON

Post by Twiglet » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:06 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Domains are on the Customize sheet -- Glory and Sun. Thanks for the help Duni.

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Twiglet wrote:My name is Elisandra. I am a child of the desert where I lost my family and was raised by Haleen who kept me safe and out of trouble. When I was of age we came to Katapesh to seek our fortune and there, with Haleen's blessing, I became a cleric of Iomeda. Haleen left recently for her own reasons but I seek her still as she is the only family I know.
OUT OF CHARACTER

Where did you find the Ekujue trait? I'm having trouble finding that.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:40 pm

Twiglet wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Domains are on the Customize sheet -- Glory and Sun. Thanks for the help Duni.

Okay, I have them set now.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:00 pm

Here is Elisandra.
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Legacy of Fire {Pathfinder}”