Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies have warped the Pale Mountain region to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. These wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.

Moderator: Duniagdra

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by admin » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:34 pm

Ox delays to play after the Pug
THINKING: This thing is trying to get our attention... now where is the real danger Ox thinks, trying to prepare himself for the real danger.

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:29 am

Round 1
Initiative:
  1. Kroft
  2. Laron
  3. Ox
  4. Erin
  5. Simi
  6. Hrashin
  7. Dashki
  8. Pug
larenee wrote:THINKING: No guts, no glory. Kroft moves quickly to the ugly-looking creature [to -AH 15]. He hopes to keep it from doing more of it magical tricks. His blade flashes toward it...
Rapier attack (1d20+4=21, 1d6+2=8)
SpoilerShow
Kroft seems fortunate as his strike cleaves the creature through the chest. The pug drops dead at Kroft's feet. (Pug Dead)
Benji wrote:Laron, hearing noises, decides to enter the cacti patch cautiously.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think he can make his way to -AF,11

 

Katja will shriek and dive at the Pugwampi.

Attack;Damage (1d20+5=12, 1d4-2=2)
Laron has begun to make his way into the cacti. With the pug dead, Katja merely lands on its chest and begins picking at the open wound, tearing strips of flesh from it and tossing his head back to throat the meat in one swallow.
admin wrote:Ox delays to play after the Pug
THINKING: This thing is trying to get our attention... now where is the real danger Ox thinks, trying to prepare himself for the real danger.
Arpat wrote:Erin drops the rope and let the goat go.
She looks at the pugwampis...
THINKING: Darn what a hideous ugly creature!
YAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
With all her power she is throwing a dagger at the pugwampis (1d20+5=23, 1d3+2=5)
When the dagger is out of her hands she is drawing her rapier and prepares for whatever is happening next
OUT OF CHARACTER
not sure if throwing a weapon and straight after that pulling a melee weapon is possible... and i wasn't 100% sure if i have a straight line. if there was/is no straight line Erin has to move to -AJ 12 and then throw her dagger... with some fantasy she was already standing there to cut the rope at the log...

 

With Kroft taking out the pug in one easy sweep, Erin retains her dagger, acting fast to catch the rope before the goat runs wildly into the cacti.
tdsprouse wrote:Simi moves around Dashki, to -AJ, 15. Activating Detect Evil on the way (at-will). Upon arriving, he plunges his longsword toward the dog-like creature.


Atk/Dam (1d20 6=11, 1d8 3=6)
Simi becomes more sensitive to that which others may be unaware of. Being that the pug is dead, this allows Simi to not have to abandon the spell to take an attack.
OUT OF CHARACTER
It's not clear if Simi was looking to find anything using his Detect Evil, but if he was, then remember that if you are in combat (attacking with a weapon or another spell) while concentrating on a spell, a spellcraft check will be required to maintain concentration on Detect Evil.

 

Simi focuses to the east and finds nothing evil in that direction.
BusyCowboy wrote:Hrashin looks at the others attacking the pug thing and then grins while making his way towards the goat with a look of hunger in his eyes Mmmm...goat chops as he drools even more.
Erin waddles a finger at Hrashin as if to say, "this is not food." Hrashin kicks at the dirt.
Leaving the bird to its meal Dashki begins searching the creature. He rips open the crude leather it wore and soon begins tossing stuff from it. You all see now a pile of charred Harrows, a single candle like one of those you saw in the crate just slightly melted, and a pile of blackened coins. Dashki looks up, I suppose one of you would try to say I pulled this all from within my own gear and acted as though it came from the pug?! His tone is sarcastic, but his actions clearly revealed that the pug was definitely at the fire when it happened.
Round 2
Initiative:
  1. Kroft
  2. Laron
  3. Ox
  4. Erin
  5. Simi
  6. Hrashin
  7. Dashki
You've found what you came for. Now what?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Benji » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:06 am

Laron moves to -AI,12 and tries to calm the goat.

Animal Empathy (1d20+3=10)

Katja continues with her grisly meal, allowing Dashki to do his looting.

Dashki, Laron says, whilst trying to soothe the goat, I don't believe that any of us were thinking that. We came here to find the source of the fire and it looks like we've done that. Tell me, do these creatures usually roam in packs or is it quite usual to find just one of them?
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Arpat » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 am

I was suspecting you, i admit, but i am not blind or stupid Dashki. Everybody there that wasn't in our caravan was suspect except for the princess. she looks at Dashki with a charming smile and continues I am sure we all are aware that you where the first to enter and attack the pugwampi. The princess must be proud with such a professional scout! again she smiles at Dashki and then she looks around Dashki... do you think this was the only pug? it seemed to me that i saw lots of footprints here... lets report to the princess what we know

She pulls the goat closer and looks at Hrashin no Hrashin... its not food... she grabs a ration and hands it over to Hrashin here, this is food.. she continues then somewhat louder Pay attention everybody, my gut feeling tells me this isn't over yet.

Erin looks around to see what's making her feel uneasy....
THINKING: only one pug? i don't believe all those tracks are just from one so easy to kill pug...
Image
Arpat

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by admin » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:53 am

Ox remains on guard, his senses trying to locate sources of danger
Hurry it up, I don't like this...thorn forest he says quickly.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 pm

Simi, stays put but slowly scans the area, concentrating for a time in each direction, looking for signs of evil.

His demeanor indicates he is also expecting more, but remains quiet.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by BusyCowboy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Hrashin frowns and gets a sad look on his face Aww...goat look tastier... as he eyeballs the ration in his hands. It goat flavor? as he follows Erin since she now has the goat.

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by larenee » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Using a handful of sand from the ground, Kroft cleans the blade of his rapier. Once clear of the creature's ichor, he pointedly does not sheath his weapon. I don't trust this, either. Let us report back, before something else happens.
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Arpat » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:15 am

Erin looks around Someone please bring a piece of the pug as prove for the princess...
She pulls the goat, ready to move back to the camp through the cacti. (move to path in cacti at AG12)

lets stay together... not spreading out too much and make easy targets...
when she reaches the cacti she will wait until everybody is ready to move back, still not convinced that there was only one pugwampi.
Image
Arpat

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:35 am

Still concentrating on his surroundings, Simi interjects... Might as well Bring the whole pug, it's not that big.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:54 am

Benji wrote:Laron moves to -AI,12 and tries to calm the goat.

Animal Empathy (1d20+3=10)

Katja continues with her grisly meal, allowing Dashki to do his looting.

Dashki, Laron says, whilst trying to soothe the goat, I don't believe that any of us were thinking that. We came here to find the source of the fire and it looks like we've done that. Tell me, do these creatures usually roam in packs or is it quite usual to find just one of them?
ImageLaron does not have much luck calming the goat.
ImageIt depends. They are most common when gnolls are nearby, but they can be found alone. They have a habbit of fighting amongst themselves if there is nothing threatening them or no gnolls are around. I know the gnolls don't like them much. Something about bad luck.You now know as much as I do about these creature, but we also now know they can cast spells. Dashki seems a bit amused at Laron's attempt to calm the goat.
Arpat wrote:I was suspecting you, i admit, but i am not blind or stupid Dashki. Everybody there that wasn't in our caravan was suspect except for the princess. she looks at Dashki with a charming smile and continues I am sure we all are aware that you where the first to enter and attack the pugwampi. The princess must be proud with such a professional scout! again she smiles at Dashki and then she looks around Dashki... do you think this was the only pug? it seemed to me that i saw lots of footprints here... lets report to the princess what we know

She pulls the goat closer and looks at Hrashin no Hrashin... its not food... she grabs a ration and hands it over to Hrashin here, this is food.. she continues then somewhat louder Pay attention everybody, my gut feeling tells me this isn't over yet.

Erin looks around to see what's making her feel uneasy....
THINKING: only one pug? i don't believe all those tracks are just from one so easy to kill pug...
ImageDashki looks at the prints in the ground and confirms, This is the same pug indeed. Most of the tracks here are old and though they vary only slightly, they are his. I'd say from these others, the freshest ones, this pug was tormenting the goat. You'll be hard pressed to calm him in here. Best to try again on the way back. In the mean time, if we're to get him back to camp alive... Dashki removes a sap from under his vest and without warning smacks the goat in the head and it falls to the ground out cold. He cuts the rope from it's neck and slinging it up on his shoulders. I say we go.
admin wrote:Ox remains on guard, his senses trying to locate sources of danger
Hurry it up, I don't like this...thorn forest he says quickly.
tdsprouse wrote:Simi, stays put but slowly scans the area, concentrating for a time in each direction, looking for signs of evil.

His demeanor indicates he is also expecting more, but remains quiet.
BusyCowboy wrote:Hrashin frowns and gets a sad look on his face Aww...goat look tastier... as he eyeballs the ration in his hands. It goat flavor? as he follows Erin since she now has the goat.
ImageWith Dashki now carrying the goat, Hrashin changes course and follows the goat instead. Maybes I carries goat? Hrashin offers, almost sounding convincingly innocent. Erin rolls her eyes. Dashki doesn't even pay him any mind.
larenee wrote:Using a handful of sand from the ground, Kroft cleans the blade of his rapier. Once clear of the creature's ichor, he pointedly does not sheath his weapon. I don't trust this, either. Let us report back, before something else happens.
Arpat wrote:Erin looks around Someone please bring a piece of the pug as prove for the princess...
She pulls the goat, ready to move back to the camp through the cacti. (move to path in cacti at AG12)

lets stay together... not spreading out too much and make easy targets...
when she reaches the cacti she will wait until everybody is ready to move back, still not convinced that there was only one pugwampi.
ImageErin follows Dashki and keeps an eye on Hrashin that he don't try to take the goat.
tdsprouse wrote:Still concentrating on his surroundings, Simi interjects... Might as well Bring the whole pug, it's not that big.
ImageSimi takes the rope that was used for the goat and ties it to the pug. He then drags the pug behind him. Katja protests as it continues to try and gorge on the dead creature as it's being dragged. As you enter the cacti, Katja takes to the air. He's not a stupid bird it seems.
ImageGetting back out of the cacti requires a bit of balance on your part (something I forgot before when you entered) and each of you take a small bit of damage that some sleep can easily take care of.
When you return to camp the guards inform Almah of this and she comes out to greet you. Excellent. I see you found the goat. Is it alive?
ImageYes princess, It is. And we found this pug thingy that Dashki was talking of. Simi says as he dangles the pug from the rope.
ImageAlmah appraoches the pug to see it better and scowls at it. Very good. I had no doubt in you Dashki.
ImageDashki holds out the hilt of his scimitar, Damn thing shattered my weapon before I could get it. Kroft there took it out in one fast cut.
ImageOne of the caravan drivers comes over to Dashki and takes his goat back. Thank you for bringing Rombard back to me. He then takes the goat away.
ImageDashki calls to Almah, Princess, where there is one, it is likely there may be others. It will not be safe to camp here. We should leave at first light.
ImageAgreed. With our water supply low, we'll need to head out anyway. With this pug thing to watch out for, this only adds to our concerns. I know there's an old monastery to Sarenrae near Kelmarane. This ruined building should make for a much more suitable base for us. We'll head there first light. It's likely that this place will be inhabited by something unsavory and need to be cleared out. Almah turns to her new additions. Come with me. We must discuss you terms of employment.
ImageYou all follow her into her tent. Inside, the tent is very comfortable with pillows and cushions covered by silk and cotton bedding. There is also a folding table and chair to another side and several cushions piled against the side of the tent near the desk. She takes the cushions and begins tossing them to the center of the tent. The ground the tent is mounted on is covered by a large round carpet with intricate patterns sewn into it. When Almah takes one of the pillows and makes herself comfortable on it, you all follow her like, forming a circle.
ImageI'm offering 200 gold to each of you. You'll receive you orders from me or me through Garavel. She waits for your answers.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:14 am

A most generous offer, your highness. What would be expected of us and for how long? Ox asks politely.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:27 am

admin wrote:A most generous offer, your highness. What would be expected of us and for how long? Ox asks politely.
Almah answers, Your services will vary dependent on the situation. Your term of service will be for as long as you do not get killed or we've completed this mission.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:08 pm

May I inquire what the mission will be? Ox asks.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Almah blushes, I'm sorry, I thought Garavel told you. We're here to take back the village of Kalmarane, It's been overthrown by a tribe of gnolls and a criminal element is deeply rooted in it's foundations as a result. Kalmarane used to be under my family's province, but misfortune had taken that away. I'm here to reclaim the village and rebuild my family's name among the other known merchants.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by tdsprouse » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:23 pm

Your offer is generous, and I accept. My father, Deral, was in Kelmarane's militia. He was killed protecting my mother and covering our escape. Simi says as he puts a gently hand on the hilt of his father's sword...

I will be at your service until the town is cleansed and i can honor my father's sacrifice.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Benji » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:17 pm

Laron walks up to Ox. Do you think Haleen could be in Kelmarane? I don't particularly like the implication of being a mercenary, but I suppose it's all for the greater good at the moment.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by admin » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Ox put his large hand gently on the shoulder of his best friend: Laron, I hope she will be there... or perhaps find someone who would know where she would be. As for being Mercenaries, helping out the princess to her holdings is a fine cause... he trails off.

We accept Ox says to the Princess, speaking for both himself and his friend.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6843
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm

So I have three with cause for continuing this mission to it's end. How about the rest of you?
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by Arpat » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:57 pm

Erin looks at her new companions...
THINKING: good people... all of them... even Hrashin.
she smiles...
I will work for you Princess.
Image
Arpat

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by larenee » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:31 pm

THINKING: With or without the gold, I'd sign up. I accept your terms, as well. A bow of his head seals the deal, acknowledging her authority.
Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
Posts: 365
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:37 pm
Location: Onalaska, WA

Re: Carrion King: Hunting Pugs

Post by BusyCowboy » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:12 pm

Hrashin looks at the others and shrugs Me no know what go on, but me want goat for later eats. Me help tho

Locked

Return to “{PbP} Legacy of Fire {Pathfinder}”