Conversion to Pathfinder

The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies have warped the Pale Mountain region to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. These wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.

Moderator: Duniagdra

tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE

Conversion to Pathfinder

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:48 pm

Duni - What is the timeframe for moving out of Pathfinder Beta to the Full Release?

I think the Pally changed a little, but i can wait for a level up before converting him, if you want to do that.

EDIT: Actually, i suppose we'd need to wait for TOS+ to support the released version first, yeah?
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Re: [PbP] Legacy of Fire; Pathfinder Adventure Path [FULL]

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:03 pm

tdsprouse wrote:Duni - What is the timeframe for moving out of Pathfinder Beta to the Full Release?

I think the Pally changed a little, but i can wait for a level up before converting him, if you want to do that.

EDIT: Actually, i suppose we'd need to wait for TOS+ to support the released version first, yeah?
This will have to be a whole group decision; ALL or nothing. Each of the classes and races have been changed in some way. Some had big changes, some not so much. And yes, this would have to wait for the release of TOS+ Pathfinder. I'll start a poll.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:10 am

Duniagdra wrote:This will have to be a whole group decision; ALL or nothing. Each of the classes and races have been changed in some way. Some had big changes, some not so much. And yes, this would have to wait for the release of TOS+ Pathfinder. I'll start a poll.
Why "all or nothing"?
Why wouldn't the majority work?

Everyone KNEW that the beta was... well a BETA...

R

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:50 am

admin wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:This will have to be a whole group decision; ALL or nothing. Each of the classes and races have been changed in some way. Some had big changes, some not so much. And yes, this would have to wait for the release of TOS+ Pathfinder. I'll start a poll.
Why "all or nothing"?

R
In my view, it would be all or nothing. If one person is unable to acquire the necessary resource do to financial restraints, that can be overcome by the simple fact that the PF RPG CRB has been converted to a SRD type format and that the PDF is also just $10 USD, cost is not an issue. The even simpler fact that their character would lose certain features that beta gives has no other work around. This is and will remain all or nothing. That's why the poll thread was started, to discuss and decide. I'm closing this thread so no further discussion on this can continue, since it simple just does not belong here.
Image Image

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:21 pm

The more people that can test TOS+ v3.0 with Pathfinder, the more bugs and issues will be detected [sooner rather than later], and the better I will produce a quality product.... If 20x PbP characters from 4 games "stay" in beta pathfinder, that is 20 characters that will not be testing v3.0.

That is NOT helping me :(

So I humbly ask you to reconsider the "All or Nothing" decision - specially in the light that all the core rules are freely available, money will not be an issue as long as you can have access to the internet (and you could not play a PbP if you lost your access to the internet anyways). Polls on this forum have always followed the Majority, so I see no reason why to digress from that.

Richard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:23 pm

admin wrote:The more people that can test TOS+ v3.0 with Pathfinder, the more bugs and issues will be detected [sooner rather than later], and the better I will produce a quality product.... If 20x PbP characters from 4 games "stay" in beta pathfinder, that is 20 characters that will not be testing v3.0.

That is NOT helping me :(

So I humbly ask you to reconsider the "All or Nothing" decision - specially in the light that all the core rules are freely available, money will not be an issue as long as you can have access to the internet (and you could not play a PbP if you lost your access to the internet anyways). Polls on this forum have always followed the Majority, so I see no reason why to digress from that.

Richard
I'm not considering money as a reason for not switching. As I stated in a thread that I'VE ALREADY OPENED FOR THIS TOPIC IN MY PBP FORUM, all discussion is to occur there. There is no reason for anyone to open a new thread, when one already exists and it's not appreciated that this was done so.

Richard, I understand your reason for looking for PbP's to test out the Beta Release of TOS+ v3.0, but you should have talked to me first. I'll be in chat and am closing this thread as I'm not having any luck merging this with the ONE AND ONLY thread I intend on having for this discussion.

If you read this last post I left:
Duniagdra wrote:
admin wrote:
Why "all or nothing"?

R
In my view, it would be all or nothing. If one person is unable to acquire the necessary resource do to financial restraints, that can be overcome by the simple fact that the PF RPG CRB has been converted to a SRD type format and that the PDF is also just $10 USD, cost is not an issue. The even simpler fact that their character would lose certain features that beta gives has no other work around. This is and will remain all or nothing. That's why the poll thread was started, to discuss and decide. I'm closing this thread so no further discussion on this can continue, since it simple just does not belong here.
You clearly see that I'm not going to be considering financial limitations as reason. A player has a right to not want to convert his character and I'm giving them that right to exercise that right. It's the fair thing to do. If you're looking to ask players to convert for testing out TOS+ v3.0 Beta, then you should be saying so there, not starting up a new thread to get you point across.
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Legacy of Fire {Pathfinder}”