LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies have warped the Pale Mountain region to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. These wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.

Moderator: Duniagdra

Post Reply
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Sun May 09, 2010 10:12 am

Erin looks about and sees nothing more than Ox has.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by larenee » Sun May 09, 2010 8:25 pm

While allowing the rest of them to consider the options, Kroft joins in the search for anything hidden.
Searching inside (1d20+5=20)
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by admin » Sun May 09, 2010 8:34 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Kroft take any of the Potions we last split HERE? As far as I can see, there was 7 potions in that treasure, and Ox has 2.

 


User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Sun May 09, 2010 8:47 pm

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Kroft take any of the Potions we last split HERE? As far as I can see, there was 7 potions in that treasure, and Ox has 2.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
In all, there are 10 CLW potions and 2 CMW potions. Ox took 2 as that was noted in the LD for LoF. Since no one responded to my remark about the service provider causing the loss of posts that others made claiming things, I didn't concern myself to it, as it wasn't important to any of you.

Here's the list of unclaimed items.
Loot for each of the 6 players: 244 gp, 8 sp / 3 cp (standard rate of 50%)
Kelmarane; Overthrowing the Gnolls[list]
Ambush #2; 6 Gnoll Beatdown[list]
[*] 6x Scimitar (8gp)
[*] 6x Spear (1gp)
[*] 6x Leather Armor (5gp)
[*] 6x Heavy Wooden Shield (4gp)
[*] 5x Potion of Cure light wounds (25gp)
[*] Gold$285
[*] 2x Potion of Cure light wounds (25gp) {Ox}[/list]
The Big Bad Boar[list]
[*] Masterwork thieves' tools (50gp)
[*] Climber's Kit (40gp)
[*] 2x Hand Crossbow (50gp)
[*] 40x Crossbow Bolt (gp)
[*] Everburning Torch (55gp)
[*] Disguise Kit (25gp)
[*] 3x Potion of Cure light wounds (25gp)
[*] 2x Potion of Cure moderate wounds (150gp)
[*] Gold$310[/list][/list]
Generated by the Loot Divider, Version 1.10

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by larenee » Mon May 10, 2010 12:45 am

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Kroft take any of the Potions we last split HERE? As far as I can see, there was 7 potions in that treasure, and Ox has 2.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, Kroft has one Cure light potion; and the masterwork thieve's tools. Since there are 10 potions total, I'll take a second one, if there are no objections.
Question, do the specific items taken count a part of the gp total for each character? In other words, does Kroft get the two CLWs, the tools, and 144 gp?

 

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Mon May 10, 2010 6:56 am

larenee wrote:
admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Did Kroft take any of the Potions we last split HERE? As far as I can see, there was 7 potions in that treasure, and Ox has 2.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
Yes, Kroft has one Cure light potion; and the masterwork thieve's tools. Since there are 10 potions total, I'll take a second one, if there are no objections.
Question, do the specific items taken count a part of the gp total for each character? In other words, does Kroft get the two CLWs, the tools, and 144 gp?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
What Items you take, TOS+ will sum the values of. Items assigned to players do not count to the distributed loot to each player, as indicated in red. That represents the shared value of items that would be sold and coin found and other.

Expendable items, like potions and such, should only remain in you carried gear section for as long as you have not used it.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Tue May 11, 2010 11:08 am

Erin has a strange interest in the thiefs tools (can't have enough of those she says) and the disguise kit (can't make me look bigger she laughs)
and one potion of cure light wounds would also be nice... just for dire situations...
Image
Arpat

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by larenee » Thu May 13, 2010 9:27 am

Noticing Erin's interest... Have you used these types of tools before? I would be happy to show you. If you need some, you're welcome to my spare set. He offers his older kit, even while making sure the masterwork set is safely stored in his gear.
Image

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Twiglet » Thu May 13, 2010 7:00 pm

I will take the climber's kit if no one else wants it.
Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by tdsprouse » Fri May 14, 2010 7:15 am

Simi will take a couple Cure light wounds if there are any left, if not, that's ok.


So, are we waiting or going? If waiting, i suggest we hide, leaving maybe one or two of us with our backs to the door, perhaps searching the corpse or room.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by admin » Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 am

I saw we ambush them here... Perhaps we could make it so it looks like the creature is resting? Ox says
OUT OF CHARACTER
For Loot, we really need a better way to 'split it' - Most likely outside of the adventuring thread itself, as it 'breaks' the beat.... And we need to split it faster - for instance, we really should assign all the potions, so we're not stuck in mid-combat, wondering if we have a potion on us or not. Ideas?! Don't post here! Open a new thread?!

 


Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Fri May 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Erin looks at Kroft and smiles, "I am always eager to learn something new, Kroft... I didn't know you were so well educated in the art of opening locks..." she speaks softly. "Are you sure you want me to have these tools?"
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Benji » Fri May 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Laron looks back to the others from his watch point. Come on... We can discuss the takings once we're done here! Lets finish our task!
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Fri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
What's your task? What are you doing.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by admin » Fri May 14, 2010 9:01 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there anything/objects that can be used to 'hide' behind for an ambush?

 


Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Erin moves to the door "I'll go outside and check the surroundings" and opens the door carefully and slips out if it seems safe.
moving stealthy out of the door (1d20+13=19)

//ooc unless there is a way to get on the roof of the house from the inside erin will go outside to check if there are enemy closing in.
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 pm

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Is there anything/objects that can be used to 'hide' behind for an ambush?

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
It's a mill. There's enough large cogs and gears and other mechanisms to try and hide behind. It all depends on how well you roll. :wink:

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by admin » Fri May 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Alright then - I propose we hide here and ambush the Gnolls that come to feed this thing... We can be out of view behind these gears. The experts at hiding could help us non-experts to hide better, and Laron's familiar can keep a discreet eye outside to advise us when the Gnolls come. Ox lays out his plan for the next phase.
Once this task is done, we're out of here he concludes.
OUT OF CHARACTER
A) Is Kroft healed a bit?!
B) If we have time, can we take 20 to find superb hiding positions, with the help of the rogues to evaluate these positions?

 

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Fri May 14, 2010 10:56 pm

// ooc I don't know how ruined the mill is, but if erin is outside can she climb up the mill and keep watch and using her bow to shoot from outside to at enemys inside?
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Benji » Sat May 15, 2010 3:49 am

When Erin goes to move outside, Laron will shake his head. It will be safer for you inside. Katja can keep an eye out for trouble.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Sat May 15, 2010 7:24 am

Arpat wrote:// ooc I don't know how ruined the mill is, but if erin is outside can she climb up the mill and keep watch and using her bow to shoot from outside to at enemys inside?
OUT OF CHARACTER
While the integrity of the structure is still stable, and the roof has many points where a ranged attack could gain advantage, the still is the stair leading to an elevated room. I think I mentioned it as an office? This would likely be better, at least to me it would. :D

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Sat May 15, 2010 6:08 pm

//ooc ah... i must have missed something...
Erin closes the door and moves into the "office" like room and prepares her bow and arrow... She also looks for other places to hide for her comrades.
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Sat May 15, 2010 7:00 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Anyone attempting to hide/conceal their presence must roll for stealth to do so, otherwise, you are not hidden/concealed. You know the rules.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13292
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by admin » Sat May 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Ox asks help from the rogues to help with his hiding place
Can you two help me for my hiding place?
Stealth to hide in the Mill (add synergies from Rogues if they can help out) (1d20-2=6)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by larenee » Sat May 15, 2010 7:35 pm

If there is enough cover in the corner (F-37), Kroft will attempt to hide there.
Stealth to hide at F-37 (1d20+9=12)

If his skills can be used to assist others in their attempts to hide, he will help.
Stealth roll to 'aid,' if possible (1d20+9=11)
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Arpat » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 am

Erin nods in agreement...
she moves up inside the mill to hide in the office (1d20+13=27) and use her bow to shoot at enemys
and aid others with hiding (1d20+13=30)
she points out a good particular good spot for Ox
Image
Arpat

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by tdsprouse » Mon May 17, 2010 7:54 am

I'll wait in the center of the room, near the dead creature, with my back to the door. I'm terrible at hiding, and this way I might entice them to focus on me giving some of you an opportunity to come around behind.

Simi takes a position as described, waiting for signal that they're coming. When they arrive, Simi doesn't react, but readies a full defensive posture if they attack.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Benji » Mon May 17, 2010 2:13 pm

I also don't trust myself to keep hidden, I'll wait with Simi. Laron says, taking up a position next to his new friend.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
Twiglet
BARON
BARON
Posts: 256
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Location: Apache Junction Arizona USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Twiglet » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
-1 stealth bonus - - - I think I will just stand with the other two.

 

Twiglet
Image Anna Conda Human cleric
Image Elisandra Half Elf cleric
Image Branch Half Elf ranger
Image Artemis Half Elf paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6842
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Three

Post by Duniagdra » Wed May 19, 2010 5:54 pm

admin wrote:Ox asks help from the rogues to help with his hiding place
Can you two help me for my hiding place?
Stealth to hide in the Mill (add synergies from Rogues if they can help out) (1d20-2=6)
larenee wrote:If there is enough cover in the corner (F-37), Kroft will attempt to hide there.
Stealth to hide at F-37 (1d20+9=12)

If his skills can be used to assist others in their attempts to hide, he will help.
Stealth roll to 'aid,' if possible (1d20+9=11)
Arpat wrote:Erin nods in agreement...
she moves up inside the mill to hide in the office (1d20+13=27) and use her bow to shoot at enemys
and aid others with hiding (1d20+13=30)
she points out a good particular good spot for Ox
tdsprouse wrote:I'll wait in the center of the room, near the dead creature, with my back to the door. I'm terrible at hiding, and this way I might entice them to focus on me giving some of you an opportunity to come around behind.

Simi takes a position as described, waiting for signal that they're coming. When they arrive, Simi doesn't react, but readies a full defensive posture if they attack.
Benji wrote:I also don't trust myself to keep hidden, I'll wait with Simi. Laron says, taking up a position next to his new friend.
Twiglet wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
-1 stealth bonus - - - I think I will just stand with the other two.

 

OUT OF CHARACTER
[list]Conditions/Effects:[*]Kroft, Hiding, 18/25 (received 2 Lay on Hands from Simi)[*]Ox, Hiding, 31/33[*]Erin, Hiding in "office", 24/25[*]Laron, Standing around creature (weapons still drawn?)[*]Simi, Standing around creature (weapons still drawn?), 25/28[*]Eli, Standing around creature (weapons still drawn?)[/list]

 

Each of you take your positions and wait. Time drags as you watch the beams of sunlight streaking in glide across the floor until reaching near vertical. Any moment now. Must have been the longest two hours you've spent waiting, not counting all the other times you've sat in waiting for your prey to show. Then Laron gets a twitch. He signals.
They're crossing the bridge now, with a goat. Four gnolls, as before.

A couple more minutes pass and you can hear the goat being lead around the building to the large door. There's grunts and dog-like chatter and a bleating from the goat and then the door opens. The four gnolls shove the goat forward, into the mill before really looking inside. When they do, they see Simi, Laron, and Eli standing over the body of the creature they were going to feed.
  1. Round 1:
  2. Gnoll
  3. Kroft Gypsum
  4. Laron Jilliet
  5. Elisandra
  6. Erin Ookapala
  7. Simi
  8. Ox
Gnoll 1 howls and the four of them charge in.
G1,2,3,4 Charge Attack/Damage vs Simi FF (1d20+3+2=15, 1d8+3=11, 1d20+3+2=18, 1d8+3=9, 1d20+3+2=8, 1d8+3=5, 1d20+3+2=17, 1d8+3=9)
Whether it's do to the debris or the body parts, Simi is lucky either way. Only Gnoll 2 manages to hit with any success. (Simi, 16/28)
  • Current Conditions/Effects:
    • Simi, 16/28
    • Kroft, 18/25
    • Erin, 24/25
    • Ox, 31/33
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Legacy of Fire {Pathfinder}”