LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

The wishes unleashed over the ages by two genies have warped the Pale Mountain region to keep alive both a terrible beast and a heroic protector. These wishes have subtly warped the weave of the world to put a handful of adventurers on a trail to Kelmarane. It is these adventurers who will tread the path of fate at its most treacherous juncture, and it is they who will ultimately chart the course of history.

Moderator: Duniagdra

Post Reply
User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:51 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Waiting on Erin.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Arpat » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Erin grins at Laron and his magnificent bird "We did well! ... damn harpys" and she pulls her blade and moves back down back to the others...
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:12 pm


  1. Third Floor Round 15:
  2. Laron Jilliet (& PG4) <---- Full Action
  3. Erin Ookapala <---- Full Action
Laron and Erin return to the stairs, where the ogre clogs up the way. As they begin to try and get over, and past the ogre, they hear grunts and shuffling underneath. Further examination reveals the three bugbears, pinned, under the ogre. On has a clearly visible broken leg, the other two are just stuck, though in a very awkward position, and unable to free themselves. It seems this last battle had a greater impact than first perceived. To get by the ogre, they will need to do something about the bugbears or suffer opp attack, though greatly penalized, in passing. If they opt to take the chance and pass, the bugbears will still need to be handled later, but leaving them also risks at least one of them getting free. Also, further examination of this situation will reveal that climbing past the ogre will take almost a minute.
  1. Second Floor Round 15:
  2. Ox (& PG5) <---- Full Action
  3. Haleen <---- Full Action
  4. Scully <---- Full Action
  5. Simi <---- Full Action
  6. Kroft Gypsum <---- Full Action
  7. Party Gnolls <---- Full Action
  8. Dashki <---- Full Action
  9. Eli (& PG1)<---- Full Action
  10. Gnolls <---- Full Action
  11. Urgak
Ox and Haleen share words briefly and Haleen turns heading off after some gnolls getting a last minute alarm from Ox that some of these gnolls are considered friendlies at the moment. She partly looks back at him, with an odd expression on her face. THINKING: He said what...
Scully steps out into the open right beside a gnoll he neither knows as friendly or foe, but takes a chance. The gnoll does not take an opp attack at him for moving through its threatened area as it is more focused on combat to the east. Simi shares some brief words regarding his recent oddity in passing and tries setting himself for attacking position. Kroft repositions himself to remain in the thick of it, but is unable right now to get a clean target.
Hargk and PG3 continue to bleed out and PG2 remains unconscious, but stable. PG4 finds his opportunity of targets to be minimal, or at best, difficult, with so many bodies in the way, so he holds his action for a more opportune time. PG5 tries cleaving into G1 again, but he misses in the attempt. PG1 also goes for G1 and misses as well. Dashki weaves in and out of the group building up on the balcony and takes a shot at G1 and misses as his arrow narrowly skims past Haleen and the two Friendly Gnolls and skaters across the floor beyond.
OUT OF CHARACTER
I forgot that I was still waiting on a post from Eli too, If UD wishes, he may post an action for this round (14) and the next (15).

 

Gnoll 5 coup de grace's PG3 and Ugruk moves back to Hargk and lifts his head with one hand and holds a blade to Hargk's throat with the other, set to coup de grace Hargk as well. G1 attacks PG5 with his battleaxe and cuts a deep gash into PG5's arm.
(PG5, 6 Damage)
  1. Third Floor Round 16:
  2. Laron Jilliet (& PG4) <---- Full Action
  3. Erin Ookapala <---- Full Action

  1. Second Floor Round 16:
  2. Ox (& PG5) <---- Full Action
  3. Haleen <---- Full Action
  4. Scully <---- Full Action
  5. Simi <---- Full Action
  6. Kroft Gypsum <---- Full Action
  7. Party Gnolls <---- Full Action
  8. Dashki <---- Full Action
  9. Eli (& PG1)<---- Full Action
  10. Gnolls <---- Full Action
  11. Urgak
  • Conditions/Effects:
    • Eli, 24/27
    • Erin, 21/25
    • Kroft, 18(16 NL)/25
    • Ox, 45(3 NL)/47/
    • Simi, 22/28
    • 3rd Floor:
    • Gnolls 1-15, Dead
    • Ogre, Dead
    • 3 Bugbears, Pinned
    • 2nd Floor:
    • Gnoll 1, 8/11 Damage
    • Gnoll 2, Dead
    • Gnoll 3, -2/11 Damage, Unconscious, Dying
    • Gnoll 4, Dead
    • Gnoll 5, 3/11 Damage
    • Gnoll 6, -4/11 Damage, Unconscious, Dying
    • Kardswann, 96 Damage, Unconscious, Dying
    • Ugruk, 35 Damage
    • Harpy, Dead
    • Hargk, -10/11, Unconscious, Dying (roll to stabilize)
    • PG 2, -3/11, Unconscious, Stabilized
    • PG 3, Dead
    • Ox, No Shield in use, AC is normal
    • Bless, +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves against fear or fear effects, 16 rounds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13097
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by admin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:48 pm

How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by tdsprouse » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:09 am

Hagrk - Stabilze (1d20+1=5) (couldnt beat dc10 with 3 tries???)




Simi runs around the corner (to V20), ignoring the bundle of gnolls, keeping his shield high. Seeing the big gnoll with a knife to Hagrks throat, Hey, Big Ugly! Killing a helpless foe? I thought you were more of a warrior than that!, he yells as he bashes his shield in challenge.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Benji » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:20 am

Laron glances at Erin Do you want to try getting past them, or should we try and take them out? Laron will wait for whatever Erin decides before proceeding with doing it.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by kabkal » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Scully is still not sure who is friend or foe with all the gnolls and people he has not met yet. He will keep his crossbow ready just in case it becomes clear who he should attack.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
UnknownDobo
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:25 am
Location: England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by UnknownDobo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:17 am

Albi batters away at gnoll 1 with his battleaxe.
1d20+2=8, 1d8+3=11, 1d20+2=6, 1d8+3=5
Again wondering if somone replaxed his weapon with the foam padded variety.

In the meantime Eli will reload her crossbow and follow Ox, not wanting to risk hitting the friendly gnolls by shooting.

Unknown Dobo
Cause you know, when you've been doboed.
http://www.unknowndodo.co.uk

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Arpat » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:49 am

"It's not my nature to kill helpess foes..." Erin assess the situation.
"If they attack they are not helpless and then i'll kill them. It's up to them" Erin states with a strong voice and she moves agile past the obstacles trying to evade any attempt to attack her.
Image
Arpat

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 am

OUT OF CHARACTER
Just an action from Kroft and we continue.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by larenee » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:53 pm

With the balcony crowded with allies, it is difficult for Kroft to reach any enemies. I tries to wend his way through, but expects there to be little to do when he finally gets there....
OUT OF CHARACTER
Let me know if I actually need to make an attack roll.

 

Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:20 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry for my delay. I'm having a lot of stress right now, as well as have been distracted with other projects.

 


  1. Third Floor Round 16:
  2. Laron Jilliet (& PG4) <---- Full Action
  3. Erin Ookapala <---- Full Action
Laron glances at Erin. Do you want to try getting past them, or should we try and take them out? Laron will wait for whatever Erin decides before proceeding with doing it.
It's not my nature to kill helpless foes... Erin assess the situation.
If they attack they are not helpless and then I'll kill them. It's up to them, Erin states with conviction as she moves skillfully past the obstacles trying to evade any attempt to attack her.[/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
For both of you, I need a few rolls. I'll need an acrobatics check and climb check (DC 16 and 12 respectively) for maneuvering over the ogre. I also need three Ref Saves, one vs each Bugbear. All Three will try to attack. If they roll a natural 20 in their attack, only a confirming roll will mean it hits. They have already failed escaping their current predicament twice or thrice.

 


  1. Second Floor Round 16:
  2. Ox <---- Full Action
  3. Haleen <---- Full Action
  4. Scully <---- Full Action
  5. Simi <---- Full Action
  6. Kroft Gypsum <---- Full Action
  7. Party Gnolls <---- Full Action
  8. Dashki <---- Full Action
  9. Eli (& PG1)<---- Full Action
  10. Gnolls <---- Full Action
  11. Urgak
Ox advances to be beside Haleen. Haleen holds her actions, waiting to see who of these gnolls wins. Scully is still not sure who is friend or foe with all the gnolls and people he has not met yet. He will keep his crossbow ready just in case it becomes clear who he should attack. Simi runs around the corner (to V20), ignoring the bundle of gnolls, keeping his shield high. G1 tries taking his opportunity to attack Simi as he passes, but he misses horribly. Seeing the big gnoll with a knife to Hagrks throat, Hey, Big Ugly! Killing a helpless foe? I thought you were more of a warrior than that!, he yells as he bashes his shield in challenge. With the balcony crowded with allies, it is difficult for Kroft to reach any enemies. He tries to wind his way through, but expects there to be little to do when he finally gets there.
PG5 attacks G1 with a strong chop of his battleaxe, cleaving a nasty gash into G1's right color bone. The extend of the damage drops to gnoll to his feet. PG1 swings away at G1 just as he's dropping from his brother's successful attack, which causes him to miss in his attack. PG4 rushes past the bodies to face Ugrak. Dashki moves forward also with bow in hand, and fires an arrow at Ugrak, which misses, instead hitting Hargk in the chest. Dashki curses as Ugrak sneers and drops the lifeless Hargk to the floor.
Eli advances keeping close to Ox and Haleen, loading her crossbow in the process.
(G1, 11 Damage, Unconscious, Dying)
G5 suddenly appears from the stairs and roars as he rushes to attack Simi. Ugrak does the same. Both miss Simi.
  • Conditions/Effects:
    • Eli, 24/27
    • Erin, 21/25
    • Kroft, 18(16 NL)/25
    • Ox, 45(3 NL)/47/
    • Simi, 22/28
    • 3rd Floor:
    • Gnolls 1-15, Dead
    • Ogre, Dead
    • 3 Bugbears, Pinned
    • 2nd Floor:
    • Gnoll 1, -3/11 Damage, Unconscious, Dying
    • Gnoll 2, Dead
    • Gnoll 3, Dead
    • Gnoll 4, Dead
    • Gnoll 5, 3/11 Damage
    • Gnoll 6, Dead, Unconscious, Dying
    • Kardswann, 97 Damage, Unconscious, Dying
    • Ugruk, 35 Damage
    • Harpy, Dead
    • Hargk, Dead
    • PG 2, -3/11, Unconscious, Stabilized
    • PG 3, Dead
    • Ox, No Shield in use, AC is normal
    • Bless, +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves against fear or fear effects, 15 rounds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by tdsprouse » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Simi reaches back and swings hard toward Urgak's chest.

Atk, w/ Bless & Pwr Atk (1d20+8+1-1=18, 1d8+1+2=8) Crap, +3 more damage from Strength. oops.


if that hits, he Cleaves into the other gnoll there.

Cleave - Atk, w/ Bless & Pwr Atk (1d20+8+1-1=16, 1d8+1+2=4) DAMIT, +3 for str.

:blush:
Last edited by tdsprouse on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Benji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:50 pm

Get ready for the fail...

Acrobatics;Climb;Reflex (x3) (1d20-2=11, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=17, 1d20+2=18)

Looks like Laron failed the Acrobatics check.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13097
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by admin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:36 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
You guys up on level 3 did not want to use Simi's dangling rope instead of trying to go down the staircase?
Heck, even jumping down a level is less dangerous then going pass 3 enemies sprinkled under a bleeding Ogre!! >:)

 

Ox double moves to U20 to support Simi

PG5 moves to V21 and swings at Ugruk
Two Handed Battleaxe attack vs Ugruk (1d20+3=22, 1d8+3=7)
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Benji » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 pm

admin wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
You guys up on level 3 did not want to use Simi's dangling rope instead of trying to go down the staircase?
Heck, even jumping down a level is less dangerous then going pass 3 enemies sprinkled under a bleeding Ogre!! >:)

 


Hmm... One dead ogre and three pinned bugbears versus a (if the falling rules weren't so weird) bone crunching jump? Yeah, I think I'll take the non-suicidal way :P
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13097
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by admin » Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:52 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
[quote="Benji"]Hmm... One dead ogre and three pinned bugbears versus a (if the falling rules weren't so weird) bone crunching jump? Yeah, I think I'll take the non-suicidal way :P[/quote]suicidal? ok!

By the way, how are the falling rules 'weird'?
[quote]Falling
Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Creatures that take lethal damage from a fall land in a prone position.
If a character deliberately jumps instead of merely slipping or falling, the damage is the same but the first 1d6 is nonlethal damage. A DC 15 Acrobatics check allows the character to avoid any damage from the first 10 feet fallen and converts any damage from the second 10 feet to nonlethal damage.[/quote]

 


kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by kabkal » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:01 pm

Not sure if Scully can see the stuff going on with Simi, will continue to hold ground. If Scully can see he will roll to hit G5. I am also not sure if I can move past everyone to get to a better firing shot on G5.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:23 pm

kabkal wrote:Not sure if Scully can see the stuff going on with Simi, will continue to hold ground. If Scully can see he will roll to hit G5. I am also not sure if I can move past everyone to get to a better firing shot on G5.
OUT OF CHARACTER
you can move past/through squares that friendlies occupy.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

Arpat
Arpat
Arpat
Posts: 597
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:05 pm
Location: Netherlands, Almere
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Arpat » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:22 am

Image
Arpat

kabkal
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor
Posts: 2100
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:13 pm
Location: USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by kabkal » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:43 am

Scully will take a double move to get to u17 and be ready to move a bit and attack the next round.
Image Lola: Amazon/Cleric
Image Coty: Gnome/Summoner
ImageBART 1173:Andriod/Pisterol

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by larenee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 pm

Kroft moves up with Ox and Simi getting closer to the enemy. (Double move to V-22.)
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:21 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry guys. Got side tract. Will update tomorrow.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 am


  1. Third Floor Round 16:
  2. Laron Jilliet (& PG4) <---- Full Action
  3. Erin Ookapala <---- Full Action
Laron attempts to climb and succeeds in getting on top of the ogre, but finds his balance difficult to maintain and has a tough time negotiating this awkward terrain. Laron advances only a few feet over the ogre and has not yet gotten within reach of the bugbears. Erin already warmed up by the battle advances up and over the ogre as if crawling on a soft stone. She reaches to where the bugbears are pinned, passing Laron with relative ease. As she attempts to pass though She's not able to maintain a safe distance from two of the bugbears and they try feebly to attack her, but is still struck by one of them for minor damage to her shin. She reaches the other end of the ogre and is now on the lower stair just ten feet from the second floor landing.
The three bugbears are still pinned, though one seems to have made a little bit of progress getting free.
(Erin, 1 Damage)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Benji, while your acrobatics was poor, it does not mean you fail, only that you have greater difficulty negotiating climbing over the ogre's body. This is only for story effect and slightly improvised as I could not find anything in the text regarding this type of action. You moved almost ten feet (about 7.5'), but not far enough to be in reach of the bugbears with their current condition. Also, remind me of your 17's and 18 for reflex, as I'll still apply them when you make further progress.

 


  1. Second Floor Round 16:
  2. Ox <---- Full Action
  3. Haleen <---- Full Action
  4. Scully <---- Full Action
  5. Simi <---- Full Action
  6. Kroft Gypsum <---- Full Action
  7. Party Gnolls <---- Full Action
  8. Dashki <---- Full Action
  9. Eli (& PG1)<---- Full Action
  10. Gnolls <---- Full Action
  11. Urgak
Ox advances to his pal for added support in combat. Haleen advances to have a better view of what's all going on and holds her attack. Scully holds his ground, waiting until he can make sense of what's all going on. Simi winds up for his attack and unleashes a sure blow at Ugruk's chest, dropping the flind gnoll where he stood. Simi carries the momentum of his swing into the flank of G5, dropping him as well.
(Ugruk, 11 Damage; G5, 7 Damage)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Just a note on cleave. Just because you hit, it doesn't mean you cleave. You have to drop a foe for the cleave to occur. I'm assuming though that you deduced Simi's damage would be enough to likely drop the flind.

 

ACTIVE EFFECTS
Taking count, you find there are no more foes and thus no more threats. Your objective has been met, the Battle Market is yours. Anyone on the second floor, and knows of Erin and Laron, have no account for their whereabouts. To locate them, a search would have to be conducted. Calling up to the third floor will require a DC 20 Perception check for Laron to hear. Erin will not hear any call unless succeeding with a DC 22 for being in a stairwell and in a room. The bugbears, if left to their own, will continue to try and get free, and eventually do so.

What will you do now?[list]Conditions/Effects:[list][*]Eli, 24/27[*]Erin, 20/25[*]Kroft, 18(16 NL)/25[*]Ox, 45(3 NL)/47/[*]Simi, 22/28[/list][list]3rd Floor:[*]Gnolls 1-15, Dead[*]Ogre, Dead[*]3 Bugbears, Pinned[/list][list]2nd Floor:[*]Gnoll 1, Dead[*]Gnoll 2, Dead[*]Gnoll 3, Dead[*]Gnoll 4, Dead[*]Gnoll 5, Dead[*]Gnoll 6, Dead[*]Kardswann, 97 Damage, Unconscious, Stabilized[*]Ugruk, -6/40, Unconscious, Dying[*]Harpy, Dead[*]Hargk, Dead[*]PG 2, -3/11, Unconscious, Stabilized[*]PG 3, Dead[/list][list][*]Ox, No Shield in use, AC is normal[/list][list][*]Bless, +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves against fear or fear effects, 14 rounds[/list][/list]I will update with XP Rewards and loot according to your actions. Currently, Ugruk is bleeding out. Kardswan has just stabilized but is still unconscious. From his reaction to an unexpected scolding and declaration from Ox, you have enough to know that he's not acting of his own free will. Do you let him die, do you maintain his current condition, keeping below 0 HP, or do you heal his wounds and try to secure him in a secure place? I'll allow any knowledge roll you can give an applicable reason for to solicit any hints from me on what MAY happen by any given action you take with him.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-
Posts: 13097
Joined: Wed May 25, 2005 5:51 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by admin » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 am

Seeing no other foes, Ox turns toward Haleen
Haleen! What happened? What is going on here? Were you a prisoner? Are you all right? he asks, overjoyed at having finally found his mentor.

Then, as an afterthought:
Was that Kardswann guy possessed or something!? We should help him out if he was not himself... He trails off.
How can I help this project?Show
If you like my work, here are various ways to help out!
HOW do I SHARE my CHARACTERS?Show
Please take a moment to post your character .tos file in the Adventurers [User Created Characters]! This allows others to use your creation in their game, and for yourself, it makes for a secure backup for your .tos files! Feel free to add any background information, images and documents to accompany your Character. To create your .tos file, simply use "Save Character" on the Control worksheet!
Thanks!!
My Play-by-Post GamesShow
Image Morck: Half-orc/Sorcerer
Image

User avatar
larenee
MARQUIS
MARQUIS
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 31, 2005 12:19 pm
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by larenee » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:48 pm

Pointing to Kardswann, Kroft asks, Is there a jail of some kind here? That's where I would suggest we put this fellow -- at least until we know more about what has going on here. He then turns to Haleen, both caution and curiosity in his eyes. At first, he seems about to ask a question, then realizes something. Aren't we missing a couple? With that, he goes in search of the 'lost' members of the team.
Image

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:02 pm

Seeming somewhat ashamed, she responds to Ox, I got in over my head in debt to the wrong people. I had to leave fast before leaving was no longer an option. What work I found back home was never enough to settle the debt, so here I wound up. I'm sorry I left so suddenly, but I did leave a letter. Did you not get it? After hearing Ox's next remark, she comments, I'd like more so to know what you meant by telling him you're Vardishal. Who is that and why would he know this name? What came over you Ox?
OUT OF CHARACTER
I think one of you rolled fairly well with a knowledge check some posts back. Another attempt at the same, with a higher result, may glean more information. Remember, there is such a thing as aiding another with knowledge checks. Being that so few times anyone makes use of their skills, let me remind you. One person rolls for knowledge (history) or two or more. How ever many make the roll, you must declare clearly that you are rolling for Knowledge or rolling to aid, and who you are aiding. If you do not declare who you are aiding, or if you are rolling on your own, I will not count your roll. The last attempt gleaned a lot of information, which I'm not sure was yet shared with anyone. All that's needed now is a DC 25 for the last bit of information. I advise you find who has the best chance to roll the highest result, then the rest aid. To aid, you only need roll a 10 or better to grant a +2 to the person you are aiding.

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
tdsprouse
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 1949
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:10 am
Location: Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by tdsprouse » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:32 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
In Pathfinder, Cleave grants a 2nd attack if the first hits. Its a Standard action (so cannot be used as part of a full attack) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-fe ... ave-combat

 

Simi turns his back on on the fallen bugbears gnolls, and walks back towards the corner saying, If that brute was not acting of his own free will, we must secure him in the jail below, until we can verify that and he is no longer a threat. Has anyone searched him yet?
Last edited by tdsprouse on Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Fash Falath: Whisper Gnome
Image Tex Treebender: Dwarven Ranger
Image Simi Hasar: Human Paladin

User avatar
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2
Posts: 6810
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Newark, New Jersey, USA
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:40 pm

tdsprouse wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
In Pathfinder, Cleave grants a 2nd attack if the first hits. Its a Standard action (so cannot be used as part of a full attack) http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-fe ... ave-combat

 

Simi turns his back on on the fallen bugbears, and walks back towards the corner saying, If that brute was not acting of his own free will, we must secure him in the jail below, until we can verify that and he is no longer a threat. Has anyone searched him yet?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Ah. Okay.

Simi does not know of the bugbear situation though. :P

 

Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image
Image

User avatar
Benji
DUKE
DUKE
Posts: 3033
Joined: Sat May 28, 2005 7:42 am
Location: Portsmouth, England
Contact:

Re: LoF: The Carrion King; Day Six - Taking Back Kelmarane

Post by Benji » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:45 pm

Laron continues to try and make his way past the pile of corpses. Erin! Wait up! Not all of us are as good at this as you!

Acrobatics;Climb (1d20-2=17, 1d20+3=13)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry Duni, I didn't know these were for flavour. Good call on adding something extra though, climbing over an ogre is definitely not an easy task :D

I think those two checks, together with my reflex saves from earlier, should mean this attempt works.

 

Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Post Reply

Return to “{PbP} Legacy of Fire {Pathfinder}”