Interested Players:

The city of Cauldron sits in the caldera of a dormant volcano. Life is good in Cauldron; the merchants are happy, the trade routes are unmolested. But lurking below the quiet city are a myriad of tunnels. Some are simply old lava tubes, some are far more sinister. The comfortable life in Cauldron is about to change.
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Interested Players:

Post by apwhite » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:07 am

The following individuals have expressed interest:
Duniagdra -- "Len" the Half Elf Scout
Benji -- "Kazz" the Halfling Warlock
Patransom -- "Kholuk" the Half Orc Barbarian
Cave_Lion -- "Marius" Human Druid
Jennaver -- "Sable" Half Elf Bard
Phoenik -- Forin ka'alan the Half Elf Rogue

I would really like to see Jennaver sign up to play. Having fresh PbP players can really energize a capaign (so long as they are willing to login and check status)

Lets get some characters rolled up or at least what race/class combo you are considering. We might be in trouble if we end up with 6 wizards. (Although, I wonder what a game of 6 bards would be like. 6 druids would be devastating-- for the monsters) Send a picture of your character so I can make tokens for them.

One thing to consider, the party needs to have either a bard or a cloistered cleric. There is a lot of diplomacy and knowledge checks that go on during the campaign. A good bard with strong performance and knowledge checks would be very helpful.
Last edited by apwhite on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: updating the players' classes and races.

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Re: Interested Players:

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:04 am

For my character, I'm thinking Warlock if that's okay? Race will be something normal but I don't know what yet.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 am

As I posted before, Len will be a Half-elf Scout. Just waiting to verify his background.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:51 am

Kholuk Rateater, half-orc barbarian, stats before application of racial adjustments: STR 16, DEX 15, CON 16, INT 11, WIS 11, CHA 13. Kholuk will be played even dumber than his adjusted INT score of 9 would indicate, thanks to a complete lack of education and an impulsive personality. He is distracted by shiny things and FOOD.

apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by apwhite » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:30 pm

Benji wrote:For my character, I'm thinking Warlock if that's okay? Race will be something normal but I don't know what yet.
Warlock from Complete Arcane is fine. Plan ahead. You character will level up so plan for the future with respect to feats and such.

The game is to be fun. So have fun with it.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:10 am

just found this section of the board--so here is a paste of the last message I sent to the closed recruiting post:

OK--just registered a second account for Jennaver (my wife) and requested access from Richard. Did some background work on remembering how to use 3.5 rules and tos (it's been awhile since we've played). We are going to Arkansas this weekend for a mini vacation with friends--the middle of no-where usa. No internet/phone/alcohol-free county. go figure... That is not the norm, by the way, I generally have a computer soldered in at the hip like a cyberpunk junkie...

But we will be working on character development and be back in touch next Sun/Mon with you apwhite (assuming I survive the weekend.) Depending on how things go here we may be able to do some things sooner (like tomorrow night). But like you--we have a bunch of kids and own our own business--so that depends on how well I can ignore all the other things going on around me and whether I can find the time to sit down with my lovely wife and work on this stuff :-)

Gordon (cave_lion)

I'll read through all the posts here and talk to Jennaver tonight about picking character classes.

One question at this point--with the die roller and character stats--I am assuming it is ok to move the rolls around to fit the stats as needed for the character type we are creating?

apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by apwhite » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:21 pm

cave_lion wrote: I'll read through all the posts here and talk to Jennaver tonight about picking character classes.

One question at this point--with the die roller and character stats--I am assuming it is ok to move the rolls around to fit the stats as needed for the character type we are creating?
You bet! rearrange the rolls so that they fit your character's needs best. The ability scores get entered in to BY5 or there about.

Keep in mind we will need a Bard and Cleric, or Divine Bard and Druid. As noted in the PM I sent, the warlock does not have access to Arcane spells (the bard does), and Clerics and Druids have access to Divine spells. The Bard will be very useful for Perform/Bardic Knowledge and useful tool spells. The bard is a very useful class in SCAP. A divine bard would be helful if we do not have a full cleric, since he can have access to divine spells instead of the usual arcane ones. If we do not have a bard then a Cloistered Cleric will be able to make Knowledge checks. Druids get some great spells as well. Keep in mind, you won't need to be front line fighters. The barbarian can handle just about all of it with strong support from the scout and rogue. The warlock can stand on his own without difficulty and can fight toe to toe with most monsters (his Eldritch blast is a touch attack, which really helps). What the party needs is two pple to stand back and buff the front line players in battle, but more importantly, supply the tool-box spells when not in combat. There is a lot of knowledge checks, gather information, and some performance checks so a bard is very handy.

If you decide to go into different classes, which you are entirely welcome to do, the party will be spending a lot of cash on potions and scrolls. And this campaign is really tight on the money disbursements. Don't worry, we will make special arrangements so the party is able to get some cash between adventures.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Looks like we are adding to the group a Bard and a Cleric...

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Kholuk claps his hands for the Bard, Yay! Pretty music! He's not sure what a cleric is, but he will learn to appreciate it, I'm quite sure.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:16 am

I'm heading out of town, so if the game starts soon, Kholuk won't be able to post until the 19th or 20th.

cave_lion
Divine Rank 1
Divine Rank 1

Post by cave_lion » Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:28 am

changed my mind--Druid instead of Cleric. That should be easier for yah to grasp Kholuk :=) Tree dude...

apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Post by apwhite » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:35 pm

cave_lion wrote:changed my mind--Druid instead of Cleric. That should be easier for yah to grasp Kholuk :=) Tree dude...
When you and the wife have finished your character creations, either PM or attach your tos files into this forum. As soon your characters come in, we are ready to go.

Return to “{PbP} The Shackled City [CLOSED]”