Malachite Fortress

The city of Cauldron sits in the caldera of a dormant volcano. Life is good in Cauldron; the merchants are happy, the trade routes are unmolested. But lurking below the quiet city are a myriad of tunnels. Some are simply old lava tubes, some are far more sinister. The comfortable life in Cauldron is about to change.
apwhite
VISCOUNT
VISCOUNT

Malachite Fortress

Post by apwhite » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:42 am

Kazz nimbly maneuvers over to the lever while the rest of you hang back at the door way. As soon as the lever is thrown, a creak and groan rattle the chains suspending the platform. Slowly the platform descends into the depths. The walls turn from bare gray stone to polished black malachite as the elevator noisily descends into the blackness. Kazz is able to spiderwalk down the wall staying a safe distance away from the platform, yet still keep within visual range. After a minute long descent down the dark shaft, the wooden floor shudders as it comes to a rest, the chains rattling. Above, the shaft rises into darkness. The only exit from this room appears to be an iron-reinforced wooden door set into one wall.

Kazz waits for any reaction from the door. But nothing happens. All is silent except for the creaking of the platform. After another minute. He climbs back up to report to the others.
The shaft is about 200' deep. The chains are close to the walls. Most of us should be able to clamber down the chains, using the walls as braces. The walls get smoother, the deeper we go. There is a door down there. All is pretty quiet.

OUT OF CHARACTER
Note that Kazz is seeing a stone floor, but it would actually be the wooden platform resting on a stone floor.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Re: Malachite Fortress

Post by patransom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:58 am

No bad things to shoot at? Bah! Let's go down! says Kholuk, stashing his bow.

Phoenik
BARON
BARON

Post by Phoenik » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:20 pm

So it looks like we're climbing down some chains huh? Alright, Kazz we might make some noise, you think you can spot for us?
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry, on the phone so no PM : ( Ap, one of my buddies sent you a character sheet via PM. I ono about the other. Let me know if you need if you need me to get on them.

Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Well, if there was no reaction to the elevator going down, why not bring it back up and take it down again? I don't mind climbing if I have to, but we can just as easily use the elevator.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:18 pm

Kazz shrugs and moves over to the lever, waiting to change it in case people want to use that.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

patransom
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by patransom » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Well, if there was no reaction to the elevator going down, why not bring it back up and take it down again? I don't mind climbing if I have to, but we can just as easily use the elevator.
Kholuk agrees, Yeah, climbing hard! Let's ride fun up-down thingy!

Phoenik
BARON
BARON

Post by Phoenik » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:38 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
*poke*

Image Tanda - Human Monk
Image Retem Omena - Half-Elf Bard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm

Phoenik wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
*poke*

There was a post from apwhite that he was dropping out of a game for life issues, but did not say if this was for all his games. I'm assuming that he is out of all and this game is closed.

Here's his post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} The Shackled City [CLOSED]”