BusyCowboy's Absence

Welcome to the Arena, Gladiator! Challenge other Gladiators and gain experience! Build and develop your own Gladiator School and compete amongst the best of them to gain wealth, power and recognition.

How should this game be run?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Player Run
100%
GM Pool
No votes
New GM
No votes
Cemetery
No votes
Wait for BC to return/I don't care
No votes

Total votes: 3

shai-hulud
Level 16 Contributor
Level 16 Contributor

BusyCowboy's Absence

Post by shai-hulud » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Greetings Arena fans! I'm shai-hulud. As many of you know, I am not a terribly reliable GM. As such, I will not throw in my chips to taking over this PbP in BC's absence. What I will do, however, is offer some options of how this might work:

Player run: Each player is a GM. All major decisions are put to a vote. All votes are a certain duration. Once voted, the vote becomes rule. Rules can be overturned with future votes. Particularly contentious debates, rather than being decided by a majority vote, can be handled on a challenge-by-challenge basis. There are few particularly contentious debates. Each vote will contain the option to make a decision available as a challenge decision. When challenging an opponent, the challenger sets all contended topics. The challenged then has the opportunity to negotiate the challenge. A judge will oversee the negotiations. That judge should be one of the players of this game.

GM Pool: BC is the main GM. However, in his absence, other GMs can step up to the plate. I could be an alternate GM, as could Duniagdra, or anyone else so interested. This would ensure that when BC returned, he will not find his game constantly moved to the cemetery.

New GM: A new GM is chosen during BCs absence. Upon his return, discussion can resume about whether or not to reinstate him to GM. Depending upon the reason for his absence will determine if this game should be returned to him.

Cemetery: This game is not being run, so it belongs in the cemetery.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

shai-hulud
Level 16 Contributor
Level 16 Contributor

Re: BusyCowboy's Absence

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:52 pm

Well, since the game currently has only three players, and I'm planning on coming in as a new player, I think this vote is over. Dun, Neo, and BC are the current GMs of this game. I'll be one as soon as I make a character.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:00 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Well, since the game currently has only three players, and I'm planning on coming in as a new player, I think this vote is over. Dun, Neo, and BC are the current GMs of this game. I'll be one as soon as I make a character.
I'll also try to find a bit of time to make a character... This is a fun concept!!

Richard

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:02 pm

ABSENCE
-----------

My current absence from challenges stand as Sept 24th to Sept 29th. This is to be happening every TWO weeks as I will not have access to a computer during these times. I will attempt to let you know on a weekly basis otherwise if something changes.

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 pm

I just found out today that my cousin is getting married this weekend *Growls* and guess who has to go...you GOT IT! Me! UGH...I hate weddings.

Anyway, I will be 'out of office' from October 2nd until October 5th. I MIGHT be able to get online in the meantime (if I can then I will).

Also, to let you all know in advance of my next few absences:

October 9th - October 12th
October 16th - October 18th
October 23rd - October 25th

If you need me during or between/before these days, then please let me know.

Thanks

Return to “{PbP} Arena of Ages [CLOSED]”