Future Arenas

Welcome to the Arena, Gladiator! Challenge other Gladiators and gain experience! Build and develop your own Gladiator School and compete amongst the best of them to gain wealth, power and recognition.
NeoDaitou
Knight
Knight
Location: Somewhere in Vermont, USA....Though I think I'm lost.....

Future Arenas

Post by NeoDaitou » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:30 pm

As BC isn't really available to update right now, I wanted to know if anyone wants to take on the job of making arenas. As of right now, all we have are flat plains with no cover/terrain at all. This really only helps those who want to move right up and hit or stand way back and shoot. Flankers and other more subtle types are at a complete disadvantage (as I found out in my match against Duni's Horris). So, I propose to make some more arenas myself if no one else wants to do so.

~Neo~
~Neo~
Image - Serpent Strike School
Image - Dungeon Master

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Re: Future Arenas

Post by admin » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:08 pm

NeoDaitou wrote:As BC isn't really available to update right now, I wanted to know if anyone wants to take on the job of making arenas. As of right now, all we have are flat plains with no cover/terrain at all. This really only helps those who want to move right up and hit or stand way back and shoot. Flankers and other more subtle types are at a complete disadvantage (as I found out in my match against Duni's Horris). So, I propose to make some more arenas myself if no one else wants to do so.

~Neo~
I created a Cavernous Map for Arena, which Duni added the coordinates to...
This was sent to BC, but I still have it... Here it is.

Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:47 pm

NeoDaitou wrote:As BC isn't really available to update right now, I wanted to know if anyone wants to take on the job of making arenas. As of right now, all we have are flat plains with no cover/terrain at all. This really only helps those who want to move right up and hit or stand way back and shoot. Flankers and other more subtle types are at a complete disadvantage (as I found out in my match against Duni's Horris). So, I propose to make some more arenas myself if no one else wants to do so.

~Neo~
I agree Neo. We could use maps with Different terrain. The Gladiator being challenged has pick of the arena, but being as there were few maps to choose from...

I'd like to see some maps. I'm loaded with commitments, so I'll not be making many maps, but feel free to use this thread for map proposals. I'm copying the Rules of the Arena into this forum so they don't remain an isolated thread in the Dice Room. New Arena maps cannot be one-sided. There must be a balance. An arena that offers cover or obstacles should also offer enough room to keep distance from cover or a means of getting around obstacles. These five arenas that we are starting with should allow a challenged gladiator an upper hand, but not guarantee victory. One will remain as the one we have now. Another should have some shadow and cover. A third could be all difficult terrain. A forth could be a natural environment setting. The fifth could be something that might give spell casters an edge. These are just ideas.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy
BusyCowboy

Post by BusyCowboy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:32 pm

As with the cavernous map, I had already noted to Richard that I liked it and approved of it since it was a well thought out one. It was one of the first ones we had come up with for the concept.

Return to “{PbP} Arena of Ages [CLOSED]”