The ARENA: To Restart Gladiators or not to Restart?

Welcome to the Arena, Gladiator! Challenge other Gladiators and gain experience! Build and develop your own Gladiator School and compete amongst the best of them to gain wealth, power and recognition.

Should we reboot the Arena (restart the Gladiators themselves) at some point in the near future?

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:42 pm

YES - Let's re-create the Gladiators (Personal names can be kept/reused)
33%
NO - Let's keep it 'as is' and just proceed with it
67%

Total votes: 3

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

The ARENA: To Restart Gladiators or not to Restart?

Post by admin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:42 pm

When BusyCowboy (BC) initially proposed his Arena idea, he wanted to 'test out' the Rules first, to see how they would work within a 'working' Arena. These original rules were changed time and again in the last few months, with many upgrades and changes applied to them. For example, Flaws & Traits were added. Access to splat Books was removed (allowing those who had already used their content to keep them)

The Plan was to test out the Arena, and after that testing period, restart the Arena with the polished rules. The current schools/gladiators and Matches/Challenges, were to be moved in an Archive of the Arena. BC never really defined a testing period, and the rules, although still incomplete in some area, are getting more and more defined and usable.

Now, the question is:

Do you want the Arena to restart fresh (which implies you need to re-roll (re-create) your Gladiator and loose all gold/victory points gained with it (you can keep your school/Gladiator name) (of course, you could change classes)
OR
Should the Arena just continue AS IS?

I don't mind either way, so I will the majority decide.
Please Vote!

Thanks!!
Richard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Re: The ARENA: To Restart Gladiators or not to Restart?

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:02 pm

Richard, why are you jumping over me to start up an poll to get rid of what's already in play? It was stated in a post that gladiators were to be grandfathered in. If I knew BC said there was going to be a restart, as you clearly seem to want thoug you imply you "don't care", I would have never started up anything until the arena was in full swing. No one who joined up was given the impression that what they made will be lost and have to start again. Being as it was said that gladiators would be grandfathered in, that seems to say it all. All you're trying to do, is get rid of gladiators made from books that were eventually decided not to be included. I had no idea you're that scared of Horris :D .
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Benji
DUKE
DUKE

Post by Benji » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:41 pm

As I mentioned here: http://theonlysheet.com/community/viewt ... 117&t=6786, I remember this being the plan all along, which is why I'm fine for it to happen.

Oh, and with regards to this:
All you're trying to do, is get rid of gladiators made from books that were eventually decided not to be included.
Even if a restart wasn't the way it was always supposed to be, I would still think that 'illegal' characters should be re-done.
Image Merisiel - Elven Rogue
Image Fyris Stormbender - Human Warmage
Image Laron Jilliet - Human Druid

admin
-={ CREATOR }=-
-={ CREATOR }=-

Post by admin » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Duniagdra wrote:Richard, why are you jumping over me to start up an poll to get rid of what's already in play? It was stated in a post that gladiators were to be grandfathered in. If I knew BC said there was going to be a restart, as you clearly seem to want thoug you imply you "don't care", I would have never started up anything until the arena was in full swing. No one who joined up was given the impression that what they made will be lost and have to start again. Being as it was said that gladiators would be grandfathered in, that seems to say it all. All you're trying to do, is get rid of gladiators made from books that were eventually decided not to be included. I had no idea you're that scared of Horris :D .
I am not jumping over you - this precedes your assignation as a Moderator. If you have forgotten about it, or never read about it, please do not blame me. Others recall the post that BC made... I am not 'inventing' anything here. I removed that specific part of BC's post when I deleted the section he made about monetary $$ stuff (you can blame me for deleting too much text if you wish as that would be true in this case).

What *I* want is to let the people who play, decide for themselves which direction they wish to go.

Richard

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 2
Divine Rank 2

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:47 pm

admin wrote:I am not jumping over you - this precedes your assignation as a Moderator. If you have forgotten about it, or never read about it, please do not blame me. Others recall the post that BC made... I am not 'inventing' anything here. I removed that specific part of BC's post when I deleted the section he made about monetary $$ stuff (you can blame me for deleting too much text if you wish as that would be true in this case).

What *I* want is to let the people who play, decide for themselves which direction they wish to go.

Richard
As long as I get to blame you for some. >:)
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Return to “{PbP} Arena of Ages [CLOSED]”