[ENDED][Underground Cavern][Duni]: Zyss* vs Amra

This section contain the actual Matches between gladiators.
Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

[ENDED][Underground Cavern][Duni]: Zyss* vs Amra

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:16 am

Zyss of the Swift Thunder School vs Amra of the Serpent Sting School

Validation Times: Every 2 days
Current starting positions, as defined by the Underground Cavern Map Rules, are:

Zyss @ AD2
Amra @ M32

Until both parties see each other, tokens WILL NOT be made visible. Since there are only two starting points, it's reasonable to say with you starting at one point, you know where your opponent is starting from.

To keep your positions hidden, you will PM me your actions and I will post here a vague representation of your action.
The subject of your PM to me will be, "UC Z vs A". No exceptions! I have set up a RULE so that this PM will go directly into a specific folder so it does not get lost.

Upon conclusion, and a winner has been declared, I will then post ALL PM's I received for this Match Fight.

Let Death Commence!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Marcus Tilsworth - Human Sorcerer
Image Ulyuk Bok - Elan Gestalt
Image Tryzscatzmel Ry - Gnome Alchemist
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Active][Underground Cavern][Duni]: Zass vs Amra

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Both Zyss and Amra have left their starting positions and have now taken new positions. They are currently trying to find each other in darkness and shadow. An announcer declares through a megaphone to the spectators seated about in notches cut into the cavern for seating.
Betting begins at 10 gp on who finds who first! House bets on Amra! Any takers? The shout is from a not yet identified bookie. You hear muffles as guards are sent out in search of this man, who could very well give away the position of a gladiator. If he's caught, his punishment will be severe.
There will be no audible gambling in this match until the competitors have found each other and have engaged each other.
OUT OF CHARACTER
PM's have been sent to each player indicating their own new positions. If you are trying to post, but are unable to access your sheet, a PM to me indicating you action still qualifies as long as you are accepting of me making your rolls.

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:01 am

Contestants have taken new actions! Calls out the announcer. When will our challengers find one or the other? When will we have our Champion? He goes silent and then again, though quieter, a voice is heard.
Come one people! Who's going to win? I have 10 gold on Amra. Being over .... He suddenly goes quiet and a scuffle ensues. Shinny platemail glitters in the dim light.
Hey, let me go you thug. I'm an honest business man. I'm licensed for taking bets here!
But not out loud, before the gladiators have found each other. You'll be taking you bets from the surface! For those near by, light beams in as a door is opened and the guards take the bookie away. Once the doors shut, everything returns to normal anticipation from the spectators for their chosen champion to be the winner.

PM's are being sent with the result of your moves and rolls. I'll be looking for new PM's from you both on this rounds, round three, actions.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:12 am

While I have action from Zyss, I seem to not have anything from Amra. By the rules of the Arena, Amra gets one foul.

PMs being sent.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

And both our contestants are at it. Who will be the winner? We have actions from both parties and the match on well under way. As I see, looking about the audience through my Looking Glass, I see many are waiting for the real fun to begin.

PMs being sent. You may respond according to what I send you.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Alas, the real struggle begins. Zyss has now found, and exposed Amra! The spectators begin to cheer as the veil of silence is no longer imposed.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Based on Zyss' actions and his being top in Initiative, Zyss has found, and exposed Amra casting a light spell. I need to know what the light spell was cast on, as the spell requires an object as it's target. Amra cannot be the target as he was not visible originally. Also, this round is not yet complete as Amra is allowed the chance to change his PMd action originally sent. All actions are now to be sent here, in open post, unless one or the other are trying to hide again. If trying to hide again, PM me your rolls, and you'll see your result here.

Also, I'll be bringing all previous PMs to open post, including maps sent, by either moving them to post, or quoting them to post. Give me time to do so.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
As I sent to you: [quote="shai-hulud"]Zyss uses a move action to pull a crossbow bolt from the clip. He uses his standard action to cast light.[/quote]

His crossbow is still loaded (since it has yet to be fired... That means the only target would be the bolt he just pulled.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
"Danger is like Jello. There's always room for more."

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:03 pm

Round 1 PMs
shai-hulud wrote:Initiative (1d20+4=19)

Zyss controls Hakbib to move to AG15 (Double Move, free action to control Animal Companion). Zyss casts Hawkeye and shares the spell with his companion as they move. Because his mount is moving, it requires a concentration check to cast (DC 10+Spell level = DC 11):

Concentration (1d20+7=22)

His spell succeeds and he should have a +8 Spot Modifier. Hakbib should have a +10 Spot modifier. Both will spot to see if they notice Amra moving (unlikely since Amra is not mounted):

Spot (Zyss, Hakbib) (1d20+8=19, 1d20+10=12)
NeoDaitou wrote:Amra will double move to N24 and hide behind the rocks/pillar.
Hide;Move Silently (1d20+7=15, 1d20+7=10)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry about that, I tried to do it yesterday, but couldn't access my character sheet from where I was posting it and I couldn't remember what my skill check bonuses were.

~Neo~
Duniagdra wrote:Your current position has you in total darkness, so you movement was half speed. I've placed you at N26. Also, I need initiative from you. I should have mentioned that before, but it don't matter until one of you find each other. It's okay for me to say this not because no matter where either of you go, it's going to be a bit before either of you can find each other because of the size of this place.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Round 2 PMs
shai-hulud wrote:Zyss moves to Y25 and spots around:

Spot checks for Zyss and Hakbib (1d20+8=19, 1d20+10=28)

Additionally, as they move, Zyss will cast Speak with Animals so that he can communicate with Hakbib.

Concentration check to cast while moving (1d20+7=26) (Succeeds). He can even share the spell with his mount, which he might as well do.

Additionally, Hide and Move Silently checks:

Hide (Zyss;Hakbib); Move Silently (Zyss;Hakbib) (1d20+8=9, 1d20-3=4, 1d20+6=7, 1d20-3=6)

Zyss says, Riding Dog: Let me know if you see anyone.

Zyss's crossbow is at the ready.
Duniagdra wrote:Y25 is a cavern structure, I need a new destination.
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Z25 is good. It puts you on the southern face of the outcrop.

Sorry about the FoW, not much I can do about that. If it works for you, the coordinates should be the same as on the main map in its thread.

As you're crossing from AA24 to Z25, you think you spotted something to moving from N26, but you're not sure where the movement led too. You're not sure if your silhouette from the torchlight behind you may have given you away, or if you were really noticed.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Wait for my posting in the public thread for your next action. I need confirmation from Neo on his action.

NeoDaitou wrote:My Initiative is: Initiative (1d20+3=6)

Amra will continue moving and get to Position K22. Do you need new Hide and Move Silently checks?
Duniagdra wrote:Yes. Always. You have no idea where you opponent is at, so you're continuing to try to see him first.
Duniagdra wrote:
shai-hulud wrote:How are you determining line of sight? It seems that Zyss would have been able to have a path that would grant him total cover versus N26. Additionally, N26 seems like it would have total cover versus Zyss. It seems that we should have not gotten any information about each others' positions.
Based on my interpretation, Spot checks are for detecting what you are not actively looking at or for. Vision of the peripheral. In this scenario, you would have spotted motion to the north even though there is darkness between you. Besides, based on the rolls you made, you saw something. You only know where the motion came from, not where it went to.
NeoDaitou wrote:Sorry, got distracted after reading the last message.
Hide;Move Silently (1d20+7=21, 1d20+7=8)
Duniagdra wrote:I had asked for a spot check, but I do not see it. I'll make that for you. Here is what you see.

Though you're confident that you moved unseen, you can't help but feel that you could have been a little more quiet.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Round 3 PMs
shai-hulud wrote:Zyss continues to V22. This is a single move action for his mount (allowing him ranged attacks at -4, should he have the opportunity). Hakbib is moving at half-speed, so no -5 penalty to hide and move silently. Zyss also has no penalty to either. Zyss's crossbow is drawn already, but he loads a bolt in it as a move action (guiding his mount with his knees, which is an auto-success given his ride modifier).

Should he spot Amra, I'm including his attack and damage rolls, as well. If he does not spot Amra, he will continue moving to S23 (remaining in shadowy illumination). Spotting is a free action once per round, so should he not spot Amra after his first movement, he will take his second move action to spot again. His mount, however, is only able to spot once. If Amra is within bright light for my mount, he is unable to hide and will be spotted automatically without a roll. Since I told my mount to let me know if he spotted the enemy, my mount would be able to let me know only after the first move action.

Spot for Zyss;Hakbib (1d20+8=9, 1d20+10=21)
Listen for Zyss; Hakbib (1d20+5=9, 1d20+5=9)

Hide/move silently (Zyss) (1d20+8=19, 1d20+6=7)
Hide/Move silently for Hakbib (1d20+2=7, 1d20+2=6)

Attack/damage should Zyss spot Amra (1d20+1=10, 1d6=1)

If Zyss or Hakbib spots Amra and stops at V22, Hakbib will be ordered to hold action to attack should Amra approach within 5' (free action for Zyss to tell Hakbib what to do).

Here is Hakbib's Attack/Damage (should Amra approach):

Attack/Damage should Hakbib be at V22 and Amra approach (1d20+3=20, 1d6+3=6)
Duniagdra wrote:Your action has been noted. Follow up post pending. Stand by.
Duniagdra wrote:From your current position, and during your move, you spot, nor see/hear anything indicating the location of your target. No attacks were made as a result.

This is what you see now.
Duniagdra wrote:Correction to previous map. By your alt actions, you have been moved to the appropriate position.
PM to Neo
Duniagdra wrote:I've not received a response from you after sending you a validation of your actions within the time allowed. You have one foul against you. You have no action as a result.

Here is what you now see.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:06 pm

Round 4 PMs
shai-hulud wrote:Zyss orders Hakbib to move to O24. He spots around (He has a full-round action left, Hakbib has a move action left).
OUT OF CHARACTER
InvisibleCastle is down, so no rolls.

Spot (Zyss): 1d20+8
Spot (Hakbib): 1d20+10
Listen (Zyss): 1d20+6
Listen (Hakbib): 1d20+5
Hide (Zyss): 1d20+8
Hide (Hakbib): 1d20+2
Move Silently (Zyss): 1d20+6
Move Silently (Hakbib): 1d20+2

Duniagdra wrote:Your actions have been noted. Followup pending. Stand by.
Duniagdra wrote:Hakbib indicates to you that he spotted something to the north in the darkness. If you are to attack, you'll need a search check to attack for Zyss unless you pursue.
shai-hulud wrote:Zyss uses a move action to pull a crossbow bolt from the clip. He uses his standard action to cast light (Hakbib has stopped moving, so no concentration check needed). (Sorry about adding another light to the mix :P)

Hakbib is still under orders to attack anything that comes within 5'.
Neo's PMs sent before shai's were concluded
NeoDaitou wrote:Amra will move to J20. IC is down so I'll need you to do the rolls for Hide, Move Silently, and Spot. All three have a +7 modifier.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Sorry for not posting last time, I was sick and had to play catch-up with school.

Duniagdra wrote:Your action has been noted. Follow up post pending. Stand by.
OUT OF CHARACTER
There's no room for getting sick, or school in the arena. You'll have to drop out of school and get better drugs. :thumb1:

My dice rolls for Zyss beat Amra on the majority.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Round 4 Continued
Duniagdra wrote:And both our contestants are at it. Who will be the winner? We have actions from both parties and the match on well under way. As I see, looking about the audience through my Looking Glass, I see many are waiting for the real fun to begin.

PMs being sent. You may respond according to what I send you.
Duniagdra wrote:Alas, the real struggle begins. Zyss has now found, and exposed Amra! The spectators begin to cheer as the veil of silence is no longer imposed.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Based on Zyss' actions and his being top in Initiative, Zyss has found, and exposed Amra casting a light spell. I need to know what the light spell was cast on, as the spell requires an object as it's target. Amra cannot be the target as he was not visible originally. Also, this round is not yet complete as Amra is allowed the chance to change his PMd action originally sent. All actions are now to be sent here, in open post, unless one or the other are trying to hide again. If trying to hide again, PM me your rolls, and you'll see your result here.

Also, I'll be bringing all previous PMs to open post, including maps sent, by either moving them to post, or quoting them to post. Give me time to do so.

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
As I sent to you: [quote="shai-hulud"]Zyss uses a move action to pull a crossbow bolt from the clip. He uses his standard action to cast light.

His crossbow is still loaded (since it has yet to be fired... That means the only target would be the bolt he just pulled.[/ooc][/quote]
OUT OF CHARACTER
Above copied from HERE!
Waiting on Neo.
If there is a discrepancy, let me know in OOC

Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:29 pm

Round 4 Conclusion

Amra moves back, slipping again into her warm, comforting blanket of shadow, falling out of sight.

What the sneaky little girl. It seems we may have a spider in the arena. Come all, Let's hear you cheer on you champion! Soon the voices of many can be heard. Both Zyss and Amra can hear in there their names being called, some endearing, some, well... Now they are all the more eager, as this now seems to be a hunt, a cat and mouse taunt. Nothing yet has given the slightest clue in who will be the winner.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Actions by Amra sent in PM.

Round 5

Initiative:
  1. Zyss
  2. Amra
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

Zyss asks Hakbib, Riding Dog: Please move forward
OUT OF CHARACTER
Hakbib begins moving forward until he receives a command to stop. Depending on whether or not Amra is found, he will continue up to J24, then be asked to turn left and continue (still the same move action). J21 would be the end of his first move action.

Spot for Zyss and Hakbib (to find Amra) (1d20+8=22, 1d20+10=21)

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 pm

shai-hulud wrote:Zyss asks Hakbib, Riding Dog: Please move forward
OUT OF CHARACTER
Hakbib begins moving forward until he receives a command to stop. Depending on whether or not Amra is found, he will continue up to J24, then be asked to turn left and continue (still the same move action). J21 would be the end of his first move action.

Spot for Zyss and Hakbib (to find Amra) (1d20+8=22, 1d20+10=21)
OUT OF CHARACTER
Due to positioning of the cavern, I had to position Zyss at I/J 21, as J21 I21 and J21 are both occupied by supporting structure. J20 as mostly occupied by the same, but I21 is 1/3 occupied.

Zyss, on Hakbib, moves through J24 to I/J21 and scans about the area only to find that Amra is not in sight.

PM sent to Amra.

Announcer: Okay! It seems the tension of our audience continues to grow. I myself am at edge waiting to see who gets in the first blow.

Round 4 still to Zyss, Amra will be next.
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Because Zyss does not yet know where his enemy may lie, he calls out, Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Round 4.5
shai-hulud wrote:Because Zyss does not yet know where his enemy may lie, he calls out, Come out, come out, wherever you are!
Announcer: Whoa! What's this? Is Zyss goading Amra to attack? Does he truly expect her to come out. All the audience is on edge with anticipation. Someone bring me the popcorn!

Amra's turn.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Re: [Active][Underground Cavern][Duni]: Zyss vs Amra

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:30 am

Whoahoho? This is truly getting interesting now. Who will be the first to strike? Who will be the first to move? How long will this match last?

Round 5

Zyss' turn.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Zyss orders Hakbib forward, which puts him in reach of Amra who has her attack readied for him.
Attack, Damage, Sneak Attack Damage (1d20-1=15, 1d6-1=2, 1d6=1)
It seems Zyss wall expecting something like this.
Spot for Zyss, Hakbib (1d20+8=28, 1d20+10=19)
Amra misses her attack on Zyss.

Announcer: WOW! Dis you see that. She got so close, but not close enough. Zyss was just too alert for her. What an incredible dodge by Zyss, just narrowly missing her attack. This is it folks, what we've all been waiting for! Who will remain standing? Listen to that, already I can hear the bookies calling for bets. In the background you hear just that, "ten gold Amra, fifteen for Zyss, 8 gold for Amra in the eighth round!" Others can be heard boasting how they'd handle the little halfling, or how easy beating a girl should be. The crowd is clearly up and eager for a winner.
OUT OF CHARACTER
That was a move action for Hakbib. I think the dog still may have his attack action left? Zyss both?

We're still in round 5
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:47 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually, that was a 5' adjust, as I stated in my post to you. A 5' adjust is a free action, but doesn't allow me to move anymore than that. Now, the question arises, can Zyss safely fire his crossbow without fear of attacks of opportunity? The Wall provides partial cover (which is why I wanted to remain within this fortified position just in case Amra was hiding along the wall). I'm going to assume that we both have partial cover against each other (Amra has a +4 to AC versus both Zyss's and Hakbib's attacks, but cannot take attacks of opportunity).

Zyss lets loose his crossbow bolt and reloads with the bolt that he has in hand that has the light spell (both are actions that provoke, but as stated above, I believe partial cover denies the attacks of opportunities). Hakbib tries to bite his foe.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Crossbow attack vs. Amra (He has +4 AC due to PC) (1d20+1=7, 1d6=3)

Bite attack vs. Amra (He has +4 AC due to PC) (1d20+3=15)

Depending on if Hakbib's bite attack succeeds (which I doubt), he will either attempt to trip (riding dog special attack) or he will use his remaining move action to hide, per the command of Zyss (Partial cover grants the ability to attempt to hide as part of movement, so Hakbib's repositioning himself for hiding within his own square counts, as does Zyss's action of reloading his crossbow, since he can hide while reloading -- See the Hide skill for more information on this.)

Hide checks for Zyss and Hakbib (1d20+8=9, 1d20+2=20)

Seems like Zyss was concentrating too hard on his crossbow reloading...

Let me know if the bite attack vs. Amra succeeded (which I doubt). If it did, I'll have Hakbib roll opposed trip.[/OOC]

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 pm

shai-hulud wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
Actually, that was a 5' adjust, as I stated in my post to you. A 5' adjust is a free action, but doesn't allow me to move anymore than that. Now, the question arises, can Zyss safely fire his crossbow without fear of attacks of opportunity? The Wall provides partial cover (which is why I wanted to remain within this fortified position just in case Amra was hiding along the wall). I'm going to assume that we both have partial cover against each other (Amra has a +4 to AC versus both Zyss's and Hakbib's attacks, but cannot take attacks of opportunity).

I'm not sure I may have understood your action then regarding the 5'.
shai-hulud wrote:Zyss lets loose his crossbow bolt and reloads with the bolt that he has in hand that has the light spell (both are actions that provoke, but as stated above, I believe partial cover denies the attacks of opportunities). Hakbib tries to bite his foe.
OUT OF CHARACTER
Crossbow attack vs. Amra (He has +4 AC due to PC) (1d20+1=7, 1d6=3)

Bite attack vs. Amra (He has +4 AC due to PC) (1d20+3=15)

Depending on if Hakbib's bite attack succeeds (which I doubt), he will either attempt to trip (riding dog special attack) or he will use his remaining move action to hide, per the command of Zyss (Partial cover grants the ability to attempt to hide as part of movement, so Hakbib's repositioning himself for hiding within his own square counts, as does Zyss's action of reloading his crossbow, since he can hide while reloading -- See the Hide skill for more information on this.)

Hide checks for Zyss and Hakbib (1d20+8=9, 1d20+2=20)

Seems like Zyss was concentrating too hard on his crossbow reloading...

Let me know if the bite attack vs. Amra succeeded (which I doubt). If it did, I'll have Hakbib roll opposed trip.[/OOC]
Both parties have missed each other.

Announcer: Wow, yeah. Hey, sorry about that there guys. That corner's a hard one to get around.

Round 5.5
Amra goes.
Image Image

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:41 pm

OUT OF CHARACTER
shay, I just reviewed you PM to me and it clearly says that you take a 5' step. I made my post correctly based on what you gave me. Maybe you meant differently, but I did as your PM instructed.

Image Image

NeoDaitou
Knight
Knight
Location: Somewhere in Vermont, USA....Though I think I'm lost.....

Post by NeoDaitou » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:22 am

Amra will make a 5' adjustment into I19 and attack Zyss. Attack, Damage (1d20-1=0, 1d6-1=4)
OUT OF CHARACTER
I hope we're not playing with Critical Fumbles! ^_^

~Neo~
Image - Serpent Strike School
Image - Dungeon Master

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:04 am

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
shay, I just reviewed you PM to me and it clearly says that you take a 5' step. I made my post correctly based on what you gave me. Maybe you meant differently, but I did as your PM instructed.

A 5' Step is a Combat Term that is a "no action" action, not a move action, so no, you did not do as my PM instructed ;).

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 am

shai-hulud wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

A 5' Step is a Combat Term that is a "no action" action, not a move action, so no, you did not do as my PM instructed ;).
As per your PM:
-------- Original Message -------- wrote: Subject: UC Z vs A
Date: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:19 pm
To: Duniagdra
shai-hulud wrote: Zyss has Hakbib 5' step to I20. They both spot around to see if they notice Amra:

Spot for Zyss, Hakbib (1d20+8=28, 1d20+10=19)
OUT OF CHARACTER
You took a 5' step from one square to another. I did as you requested, regardless of "combat terms". You stepped from one square to another, which is what Amra was readied for, Zyss to get within reach. You clearly said 5' step, which by the rules is an action that does not provoke Opp Attacks. If you intended on something else that would have prevented an attack, then you should have been more clear in your intention. I posted the action as I read it. You moved to a square other than the one you were in. If you still have actions left, post them. I am holding off Amra's action on the assumption you still may. And I've read the link info and it says nothing about adjustments that I'm seeing.

Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 am

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
That was a move action for Hakbib. I think the dog still may have his attack action left? Zyss both?

This is what I was commenting on when I said that he just took a 5' step. You said that was a move action. I said, no, it was not a move action, so both Zyss and Hakbib had full round actions left. That's why I explained that it was not an action to make a 5' step. I made no argument about Amra's attack. I fully understood what had happened with that. As for the link, the proof is in the table where it says, "No action" and under it it says, "Delay" and "5' step" indicating that taking a 5' step does not take any action at all. None. Whatsoever. I therefore posted the action that after the attack, Zyss and Hakbib use the cover to hide. This forces Amra to make his 5' step before making his attack.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 am

shai-hulud wrote:
Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER

This is what I was commenting on when I said that he just took a 5' step. You said that was a move action. I said, no, it was not a move action, so both Zyss and Hakbib had full round actions left. That's why I explained that it was not an action to make a 5' step. I made no argument about Amra's attack. I fully understood what had happened with that.
OUT OF CHARACTER
So why is this still in discussion? The second to last sentence says we're waiting on you. Your post above should have had your action instead of more discussion.

Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

Duniagdra wrote:
OUT OF CHARACTER
So why is this still in discussion? The second to last sentence says we're waiting on you. Your post above should have had your action instead of more discussion.

I don't understand your question. This discussion lasted as long as it needed to so that we could both understand the other's points. It seems like it came to its logical conclusion just now when the misunderstanding between us came to light. Anyway, for Zyss' action:

Hakbib tries to bite Amra's leg and drag him to the cavern floor.

Hakbib bite attack (1d20+3=11)

Likely missing again, Zyss has Hakbib 5' step back to J21 as he fires his crossbow at the elusive target (neither of us have partial cover this round).

Zyss crossbow attack. (1d20+1=3)

The horrible attack destroys the bolt, and the light spell has ended.

Zyss reloads his crossbow.

Duniagdra
Divine Rank 21
Divine Rank 21

Post by Duniagdra » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:26 am

I thought that link you gave says you can only 5' step once per round. I'll look it up again.

Found it.
D20 Take 5-Foot Step wrote:You can move 5 feet in any round when you don’t perform any other kind of movement. Taking this 5-foot step never provokes an attack of opportunity. You can’t take more than one 5-foot step in a round, and you can’t take a 5-foot step in the same round when you move any distance.
Am I wrong? We're still in the top of the 4th round. Zyss had Hakbib 5' step and now you're having him 5' step again?
Image Image

shai-hulud
EPIC Contributor
EPIC Contributor

Post by shai-hulud » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 am

Duniagdra wrote:I thought that link you gave says you can only 5' step once per round. I'll look it up again.
I don't understand what you are talking about. Last round, I gave two full round actions for both Zyss and Hakbib. Zyss attacked and reloaded his crossbow (hiding while reloading). Hakbib attacked and then hid. Those are both full round actions. Then, after that, Amra attacked him, missing with a natural one. Then, since you were waiting for my action, Hakbib attacked, missed, then 5' stepped back. Zyss then attacked (with the crossbow bolt containing light on it), then reloaded his crossbow. Since he is no longer in range of his opponent, his opponent cannot make attacks of opportunity. Also, likely there is no light at the moment.

Return to “{PbP} AoA: Matches”